Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

A few years ago I shouted "Come on City" during a game against Man City and some berk had a go at me for it.

Well, when Leicester City played a friendly against Leicester United a good few years ago, I was that plastered I shouted, "come on Leicester!"

Got the odd look off a few peeps :doh:

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester and City for me. "Off down the City on Saturday". Man City aren't entitled to City alone.

Amen to this. **** Sky... I bet they didn't refer to them as 'city' when they were shit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Big baby Riyad! 

I bet he doesn’t mind taking the wages! 

Just read that! 

Expected to be one of the early transfers of the window, Riyad Mahrez to Manchester City is, once again, taking a long time, and it appears Leicester City are, to the surprise of few, the cause of it.

This is what Le Buteur in Algeria are reporting on Monday, explaining the situation to their readers.

As things stand, Manchester City are prepared to offer €60m + Patrick Roberts for the Leicester star, while the Foxes are demanding €75m + the young forward.

The lack of movement behind the scenes is said to have irritated Riyad Mahrez, who is starting to become impatient, ‘very annoyed’ towards his club’s board for ‘blocking and complicating’ his transfer to the Etihad.

The Algeria international is reported to have negotiated an agreement with Leicester a few weeks ago that he’d be allowed to leave this summer and avoid what happened in January, yet a similar pattern is emerging.

However, Le Buteur do state everything should be sorted out ‘very soon’, allowing Mahrez to enjoy his holidays and calmly sort out his house move over the coming weeks.

I'm glad even though it is inevitable he will leave in this window, that our owners are still not willing to sell on the cheap. 

They have serious financial clout and don't need to sell to buy. I'm sure this will still go through, but good on us for not being held to ransom and wanting a fair deal. 

• Like 3

But like I've said all along man city don't want him to be their record signing.. oh and I'm still deluded because he will still be here come August unless something drastically changes lol

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

£75m PLUS Roberts is much more like it IMO. 

It would really help if other clubs were in for him though.

Pep obviously really wants him. Just being a stubborn git, as are we of course!

£66 million.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Big baby Riyad! 

I bet he doesn’t mind taking the wages! 

Sick and tired of us being made out to be the “bad guys.” in all of this. 

If Riyad played for top a supposed “top 6 team” he’d be worth closer to 100 million. 

He’s the same player regardless of who sells him. Little ol’ Leicester shouldn’t be obliged to sell at a cut price just because a team like Man City come knocking.

If I was involved in Leicester’s transfers I’d be saying to Riyad Villa value Grealish at 40 million.

3 years ago before transfers got worth silly money, Man City paid up to 49 million on a 20 year old - still yet to reach his potential - Sterling (who you need to compete with for a starting place - so should value yourself at at least his price). Would Man City sell him for so little?

I’d ask Riyad if he values himself so little? Or if perhaps he should be insulted by the fact Man City are quibbling over the price and is he sure they really want him for

anything more than backup?

Does he really want to follow in Drinkwater’s footsteps and just warm the bench (and sometimes not even that)!??!

We’re not to blame. Valuation quote that we are prepared to sell him at (if true) is still much cheaper than we should be demanding. And if Man City aren’t making things move at that price, we should

perhaps increase our asking fee rather than reduce it and tell them to never look a gift horse in the mouth.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Let's be honest do you sell Mahrez and let everyone know your loaded then by the players you need ? 

Or do you buy your players first and have the upper hand when negotiating and then sell Mahrez 

Well played I say 

... on the flip side of this, filling the squad up and increasing the wage bill suddenly means we need to sell in a hurry to balance the FFP books, potentially dragging values down? :dunno:

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

... on the flip side of this, filling the squad up and increasing the wage bill suddenly means we need to sell in a hurry to balance the FFP books, potentially dragging values down? :dunno:

Indeed. If that is the effect of FFP then we'll not be in a great bargaining position when it comes to selling. Then again, maybe we won't care and be quite happy to take a couple of footballs for Musa.

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I find it mad that Man City will happily lob 60m at a reserve centre half, 100m on two fullbacks and are looking like spending 55m + bonuses on a midfielder that probably won't get in their side but they're turning their nose up at a man who has more goal contributions in the last 3 years than any winger in the league - including the 150m rated Eden Hazard.

Its all part of the shithouse tactics. Throw a bid in January which will get rejected but will unsettle the player. Player will cause issues and we can buy him for less in the summer when Leicester are desperate to get rid of a player who doesn't want to be at the club and has "caused dressing room unrest". Id honestly rather sell him abroad for £40m than sell him to City for £60m plus. City and Pep need to be shown they cant always get their own way with their twatish tactics. Did the same with Alexis and then he ended up at United. 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

But like I've said all along man city don't want him to be their record signing.. oh and I'm still deluded because he will still be here come August unless something drastically changes lol

I'd rather have Roberts, Maddison and 70m especially as the player will be unhappy

• Like 2