Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Do we need to get rid of some "big players" in the dressing room?

16 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would you like to read the post again before making such a smug and frankly stupid statement? 

I suggested he comes across as being one of those who hold a lot of control in the dressing room and he comes across to me as the sort of player that wouldn't think much about going behind a managers back. 

And what’s the title of the thread?

30 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would you like to read the post again before making such a smug and frankly stupid statement? 

I suggested he comes across as being one of those who hold a lot of control in the dressing room and he comes across to me as the sort of player that wouldn't think much about going behind a managers back. 

Of course he has. He's one of the oldest and a legend of the club. There is just no way he hasn't any influence in the dressing room, for the better or the worse. But people get pretty touchy if you don't speak only highly of him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

And what’s the title of the thread?

So you read the title and made a comment without reading the actual post? I mentioned specific players questioning whether people thought they had a bad attitude or not. 

That doesn't mean I think he's one of the ones who should go, it was a question not a suggestion. 

Read the post next time.

I mainly remember the 4/5 matches before the Everton game, the players had an extra bounce about them.

The main thing I noticed was they were playing with a smile back on their faces, especially Vardy and Mahrez, as we all know when they are both on their games, we play better. And it rubs off on the squad.

Then the Mahrez saga unfolded with Man City and I think that destroyed our momentum and the wheels have slowly came off since then.

Maybe a few players started to argue/influence things in other ways splitting the dressing room that has had more of an effect in our play now,than the managers influence is having as it’s already fractured to begin with.

I feel the team will be split into a fair few groups and they are not as one anymore.

The togetherness has gone and were back to a team playing like individuals again.

We need a clear out of the deadwood or fractions in the camp, and get back to a team willing to put the required effort and desire to wear the shirt in the first place as it seems a few players either know their time is up or they want out and it’s defiantly coming across on the pitch regardless of who the manager is now or in the future.

The root problem is the players relationships with each other and until it’s sorted we will get this lack of effort at times as we have seen these performances before with the last 2/3 managers.

What we see in the press/media is just for the camera with the same generic answers time again.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So you read the title and made a comment without reading the actual post? I mentioned specific players questioning whether people thought they had a bad attitude or not. 

That doesn't mean I think he's one of the ones who should go, it was a question not a suggestion. 

Read the post next time.

I read the post and the thread title. Pretty obvious what you was suggesting but nice backtracking 

Someone posted this on one of the fan sites earlier. Totally agree, not sure how many her do:

I have followed "MY CLUB "for 42+ years..the bug has never left me..Each defeat still hurts. but  can I please say..this is OUR LCFC..not any one else's.. its ours..love it savour it.enjoy it..don't knock them.get behind them.
May i remind you the guy most want gone (Morgan) lifted the greatest prize we  will ever win.he sweat blood.he sweat tears and he stood there proud  (as we all we did) when a certain trophy was lifted!!
.If his time is up bid him farewell with dignity..don't crucify him.
We all have our favourites.we all have legends  we remember with pride 
Please give all that gave us our greatest day respect..never before have  11  players (plus the other squad players involved) have  ever gave us such good times..Yes move on.yes let's progress..but please don't be in to much of a hurry to forget..never did i think my club would give  me the joy of singing "champions of England "but they did.
Thanks to you all !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morgen needs to retire.

Marhez needs to go. 

Vardy stays but does have an attitude. Not sure if he could be the one who is stirring it up

Okazaki, Gray, Chilwell, Gray, Ndidi, Kasper stay

More importantly, we need a Manager bigger then these guys who will stamp on them and show them I am the f****** boss NOT you. YES you did the unthinkable and won the league but that was then and this is NOW

• Like 2

Everything has an expiration date. The things that can sometimes persist beyond when they might otherwise be discarded are either exceptionally well constructed or nurtured. This team is neither, and we're seeing the tread come off the tires. It's time to move on, as painful as it may be.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 15:05, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You look at the side today - arguably there weren’t enough leaders in that side. Or players that have suffered the pain of rejection or difficult times in a career, to drive them onto success. 

But equally, playing two attacking full backs, with two atttacking wingers, in a 442 that includes an inexperienced central midfielder away from home, to a ground that is normally difficult to travel to when the home side are performing well - it wasn’t sensible was it.

This 100%! Sometimes you need to have boring players in a side to let the creative ones thrive. 

A conversation between somebody I know and somebody who would know last week made clear to expect a crystal palace win.

Apparently the players are all effectively on the beach. Nobody is going to take any risks before the world cup. The slightest niggles will suddenly require extended lay offs.

This would certainly explain the slow starts and lack of effort. To be fair to Puel I'm not sure what he can do about that (beyond putting lesser players in the team).

3 hours ago, toddybad said:

A conversation between somebody I know and somebody who would know last week made clear to expect a crystal palace win.

Apparently the players are all effectively on the beach. Nobody is going to take any risks before the world cup. The slightest niggles will suddenly require extended lay offs.

This would certainly explain the slow starts and lack of effort. To be fair to Puel I'm not sure what he can do about that (beyond putting lesser players in the team).

Or having a more effective tactical plan(s). I’m sure we all accept that the last percentage will be missing so it’s essential to find another way. 

That starts with making it very hard for the opposition to score. Playing Morgan on Saturday when they had a false 9 wasn’t the best plan imo  ...............

Some of the players have come out an apologised but has the manager done so for setting us up badly ?? 

3 hours ago, toddybad said:

I understand that no one wants to risk an injury but surely they want to play to get on the plane to go to the World Cup. Prove themselves good enough to be selected and go.

12 hours ago, Preston Fox said:

Someone posted this on one of the fan sites earlier. Totally agree, not sure how many her do:

I have followed "MY CLUB "for 42+ years..the bug has never left me..Each defeat still hurts. but  can I please say..this is OUR LCFC..not any one else's.. its ours..love it savour it.enjoy it..don't knock them.get behind them.
May i remind you the guy most want gone (Morgan) lifted the greatest prize we  will ever win.he sweat blood.he sweat tears and he stood there proud  (as we all we did) when a certain trophy was lifted!!
.If his time is up bid him farewell with dignity..don't crucify him.
We all have our favourites.we all have legends  we remember with pride 
Please give all that gave us our greatest day respect..never before have  11  players (plus the other squad players involved) have  ever gave us such good times..Yes move on.yes let's progress..but please don't be in to much of a hurry to forget..never did i think my club would give  me the joy of singing "champions of England "but they did.
Thanks to you all !!

Where is he when the chips are down?  Never hear a peep or see any evidnece of elsdership do you?

Guest Markyblue
22 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Might be controversial but I've always thought vardy is probably one of those with a particularly poor off pitch attitude. He's always struck me as the kind of player that holds a lot of cards in the dressing room and isn't afraid to work behind someone's back. 

I know you aren't allowed to say that about our saviour though. 

And what single bit of evidence is that based on.

39 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

I understand that no one wants to risk an injury but surely they want to play to get on the plane to go to the World Cup. Prove themselves good enough to be selected and go.

The ones that are going already know 

the only player who has to prove something is silva and the manager left him on the bench ffs! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A middle of the road manager who causes no major issues would be a godsend for any Director of Football looking to protect his well paid position.

A Director of Football looking to protect his well paid position would also reject ex players from the club trying to get coaching / scouting jobs etc.

You can imagine Rudkin will say to Top don't sack my man, because you are going to sack me for hiring him..

On 30/04/2018 at 08:43, cityfanlee23 said:

Might be controversial but I've always thought vardy is probably one of those with a particularly poor off pitch attitude. He's always struck me as the kind of player that holds a lot of cards in the dressing room and isn't afraid to work behind someone's back. 

I know you aren't allowed to say that about our saviour though. 

He has become my all time favourite player because of the way he plays and puts everything in,having said that I have a horrible feeling (without any particular evidence) that he is the poison in the side,I reckon he has a massive say in what goes on.Maybe he recognises his own strengths and wants the team built around him so he looks good,not that that is a bad thing but I think it might be causing all the unrest.

1 hour ago, Lionheart10 said:

He has become my all time favourite player because of the way he plays and puts everything in,having said that I have a horrible feeling (without any particular evidence) that he is the poison in the side,I reckon he has a massive say in what goes on.Maybe he recognises his own strengths and wants the team built around him so he looks good,not that that is a bad thing but I think it might be causing all the unrest.

Sorry to sound unkind but you said it yourself. No particular evidence. Therefore pointless and irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Sorry to sound unkind but you said it yourself. No particular evidence. Therefore pointless and irrelevant.

Sorry mate didn't realise there was a certain criteria to what you can or can't say on here.I would also swap the word "unkind" for "like a bit of a c**t".

• Haha 2

For me, most important person to leave is Mahrez. The whole what will be 12 month saga has cast a shadow over the squad. I think Claudio had the right philosophy on this as I remember him saying that he didn't want to keep anybody who didn't want to be here. I think Shakey handled it reasonably well by challenging him pre season to perform and get his move. This didn't happen. 

Then Man City came along and I think 60m was fair and the club should have looked at what effect an unhappy player would have had on the team. The whole saga stopped our momentum dead, plus he had to integrate back in the team. 

So he is top of the list of the big names. I would also let go:

Simpson - Doesn't suit the system.

Morgan - Too old and not Premier level now.

I think Okazaki, Albrighton and Fuchs can be phased out through next season as not to rip the heart out of the squad completely.

We need to remove the surplus:

Musa

Ulloa

Huth (shame but in the same bracket as Morgan.)

Benny

James

King

Slimani, and Mendy I would give a pre-season to try and get form and fitness. If not happening, loan out at end of August. 

• Like 1