Jump to content
cityfanlee23

Do we need to get rid of some "big players" in the dressing room?

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would you like to read the post again before making such a smug and frankly stupid statement? 

I suggested he comes across as being one of those who hold a lot of control in the dressing room and he comes across to me as the sort of player that wouldn't think much about going behind a managers back. 

 

And what’s the title of the thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always going to be easier to change the manager opposed to the whole team. We just need a no nonsense manager, like MON, Pearson, Rafa, that would rather play a hungry youth player opposed to a senior player with a poor attitude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would you like to read the post again before making such a smug and frankly stupid statement? 

I suggested he comes across as being one of those who hold a lot of control in the dressing room and he comes across to me as the sort of player that wouldn't think much about going behind a managers back. 

 

Of course he has. He's one of the oldest and a legend of the club. There is just no way he hasn't any influence in the dressing room, for the better or the worse. But people get pretty touchy if you don't speak only highly of him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

And what’s the title of the thread?

So you read the title and made a comment without reading the actual post? I mentioned specific players questioning whether people thought they had a bad attitude or not. 

 

That doesn't mean I think he's one of the ones who should go, it was a question not a suggestion. 

 

Read the post next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mainly remember the 4/5 matches before the Everton game, the players had an extra bounce about them.

 

The main thing I noticed was they were playing with a smile back on their faces, especially Vardy and Mahrez, as we all know when they are both on their games, we play better. And it rubs off on the squad.

 

Then the Mahrez saga unfolded with Man City and I think that destroyed our momentum and the wheels have slowly came off since then.

Maybe a few players started to argue/influence things in other ways splitting the dressing room that has had more of an effect in our play now,than the managers influence is having as it’s already fractured to begin with.

 

I feel the team will be split into a fair few groups and they are not as one anymore.

The togetherness has gone and were back to a team playing like individuals again.

 

We need a clear out of the deadwood or fractions in the camp, and get back to a team willing to put the required effort and desire to wear the shirt in the first place as it seems a few players either know their time is up or they want out and it’s defiantly coming across on the pitch regardless of who the manager is now or in the future.

 

The root problem is the players relationships with each other and until it’s sorted we will get this lack of effort at times as we have seen these performances before with the last 2/3 managers.

 

What we see in the press/media is just for the camera with the same generic answers time again.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So you read the title and made a comment without reading the actual post? I mentioned specific players questioning whether people thought they had a bad attitude or not. 

 

That doesn't mean I think he's one of the ones who should go, it was a question not a suggestion. 

 

Read the post next time.

I read the post and the thread title. Pretty obvious what you was suggesting but nice backtracking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone posted this on one of the fan sites earlier. Totally agree, not sure how many her do:

 

I have followed "MY CLUB "for 42+ years..the bug has never left me..Each defeat still hurts. but  can I please say..this is OUR LCFC..not any one else's.. its ours..love it savour it.enjoy it..don't knock them.get behind them.
May i remind you the guy most want gone (Morgan) lifted the greatest prize we  will ever win.he sweat blood.he sweat tears and he stood there proud  (as we all we did) when a certain trophy was lifted!!
.If his time is up bid him farewell with dignity..don't crucify him.
We all have our favourites.we all have legends  we remember with pride 
Please give all that gave us our greatest day respect..never before have  11  players (plus the other squad players involved) have  ever gave us such good times..Yes move on.yes let's progress..but please don't be in to much of a hurry to forget..never did i think my club would give  me the joy of singing "champions of England "but they did.
Thanks to you all !!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morgen needs to retire.

Marhez needs to go. 

Vardy stays but does have an attitude. Not sure if he could be the one who is stirring it up

Okazaki, Gray, Chilwell, Gray, Ndidi, Kasper stay

 

More importantly, we need a Manager bigger then these guys who will stamp on them and show them I am the f****** boss NOT you. YES you did the unthinkable and won the league but that was then and this is NOW

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I read the post and the thread title. Pretty obvious what you was suggesting but nice backtracking 

You obviously didn't. Because the names came straight after a question and had a question mark after each name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything has an expiration date. The things that can sometimes persist beyond when they might otherwise be discarded are either exceptionally well constructed or nurtured. This team is neither, and we're seeing the tread come off the tires. It's time to move on, as painful as it may be.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this player power talk that was created from the media when Ranieri left is total crap! Don’t be fooled by what you read in the papers 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2018 at 15:05, DJ Barry Hammond said:

 

You look at the side today - arguably there weren’t enough leaders in that side. Or players that have suffered the pain of rejection or difficult times in a career, to drive them onto success. 

 

But equally, playing two attacking full backs, with two atttacking wingers, in a 442 that includes an inexperienced central midfielder away from home, to a ground that is normally difficult to travel to when the home side are performing well - it wasn’t sensible was it.

This 100%! Sometimes you need to have boring players in a side to let the creative ones thrive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

A conversation between somebody I know and somebody who would know last week made clear to expect a crystal palace win.

 

Apparently the players are all effectively on the beach. Nobody is going to take any risks before the world cup. The slightest niggles will suddenly require extended lay offs.

 

This would certainly explain the slow starts and lack of effort. To be fair to Puel I'm not sure what he can do about that (beyond putting lesser players in the team).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Albert said:

All this player power talk that was created from the media when Ranieri left is total crap! Don’t be fooled by what you read in the papers 

Well said Albert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toddybad said:

A conversation between somebody I know and somebody who would know last week made clear to expect a crystal palace win.

 

Apparently the players are all effectively on the beach. Nobody is going to take any risks before the world cup. The slightest niggles will suddenly require extended lay offs.

 

This would certainly explain the slow starts and lack of effort. To be fair to Puel I'm not sure what he can do about that (beyond putting lesser players in the team).

Or having a more effective tactical plan(s). I’m sure we all accept that the last percentage will be missing so it’s essential to find another way. 

 

That starts with making it very hard for the opposition to score. Playing Morgan on Saturday when they had a false 9 wasn’t the best plan imo  ...............

 

Some of the players have come out an apologised but has the manager done so for setting us up badly ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toddybad said:

Apparently the players are all effectively on the beach. Nobody is going to take any risks before the world cup. The slightest niggles will suddenly require extended lay offs.

 

I understand that no one wants to risk an injury but surely they want to play to get on the plane to go to the World Cup. Prove themselves good enough to be selected and go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Preston Fox said:

Someone posted this on one of the fan sites earlier. Totally agree, not sure how many her do:

 

I have followed "MY CLUB "for 42+ years..the bug has never left me..Each defeat still hurts. but  can I please say..this is OUR LCFC..not any one else's.. its ours..love it savour it.enjoy it..don't knock them.get behind them.
May i remind you the guy most want gone (Morgan) lifted the greatest prize we  will ever win.he sweat blood.he sweat tears and he stood there proud  (as we all we did) when a certain trophy was lifted!!
.If his time is up bid him farewell with dignity..don't crucify him.
We all have our favourites.we all have legends  we remember with pride 
Please give all that gave us our greatest day respect..never before have  11  players (plus the other squad players involved) have  ever gave us such good times..Yes move on.yes let's progress..but please don't be in to much of a hurry to forget..never did i think my club would give  me the joy of singing "champions of England "but they did.
Thanks to you all !!

Where is he when the chips are down?  Never hear a peep or see any evidnece of elsdership do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Might be controversial but I've always thought vardy is probably one of those with a particularly poor off pitch attitude. He's always struck me as the kind of player that holds a lot of cards in the dressing room and isn't afraid to work behind someone's back. 

 

I know you aren't allowed to say that about our saviour though. 

And what single bit of evidence is that based on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

I understand that no one wants to risk an injury but surely they want to play to get on the plane to go to the World Cup. Prove themselves good enough to be selected and go.

The ones that are going already know 

 

the only player who has to prove something is silva and the manager left him on the bench ffs! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The ones that are going already know 

 

Absolutely right!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my peregrinations around the web I found this extract from an interview with Gordon Milne from The FOX Summer Special 2007. It appears appropriate to this current situation.

 

GM:Leicester were interviewing for a new manager then and Terry Shipman rang me, so I went along. Three or four days later I got a phone call saying I had got the job.

FOX: What were your first impressions?

GM: Well, obviously I knew plenty about Leicester, living in Barwell and it being the local derby. They had quite a good squad at the time.

Coventry had a lot of promising young kids then, but at Leicester they were moved on that little bit, a bit more mature and experienced. When I first went to Coventry there was a bit of a heavy mob there, Willie Carr, Roy Barry, Ernie Hunt… a lot of old soldiers that had to be sorted out! There was a little bit of that at Leicester when I arrived. Obviously Jock Wallace had been very popular and there were a lot of his own men in there who were in the ’Jock Mould’. Which is all credit to him, but I needed to do things differently. There was a bit to go at there.

FOX: Which players did you need to ‘go at’?

GM: ...Eddie Kelly, he was a good midfielder, but definitely his own man. I thought his legs were going, but as a player that is very hard to admit. There was Alan Young the big centre-forward. Bobby Smith, who actually turned out good for me.

I can’t remember the details but there was a group there and something had to change. Sometimes it is necessary when a new manager arrives. Big Sam has just gone to Newcastle and some players, their feet haven’t touched the ground on the way out.

 

There are things that have to be done. But you can’t do it all straight away and you have to be careful. There was a group of experience there that you couldn’t just cast aside.  

FOX: Obviously it was a big change from Jock Wallace, how would you describe your own style of management?

GM: I’m certainly not a tea cup thrower. I did my work during the week, I liked to be out there on the pitch with Gerry Summers when I could. I tried to get a collective team spirit going and I liked players to balance each other so that they felt comfortable in what they were doing. I liked to put square pegs in square holes. Without me shouting and screaming I think they knew when to tow the line and when they could get away with a bit. I wanted them to believe in what we were doing, and I think in the end we had a pretty good side there.

 

It seems to be a situation that some incoming managers find themselves embroiled in. There are players who have been 'moulded' by a strong personality - Milne talks about 'The Wallace' whose rep. was that of a histrionic disciplinarian. The sand hills of Wanlip resembled some punishment from the 'Bridge Over The River Kwai'! Pearson struck me as being very much a dominant and domineering personality. I suspect the players he gathered together as a squad were well aware of what he wanted and were secure in the knowledge that, if they did what he wanted, they'd be valued. It's simple for players in that situation - obey orders, work hard, show commitment and results will surely follow. City didn't need a change of manager in the return-to-Premier season - because Pearson had the strength of will to turn the season round. Unfortunately Srivaddhanaprabha saw fit to fire him as a 'diplomatic' face-saving act.

 

This is what all the subsequent managers post-Pearson have (apparently) had to cope with - the 'old guard's' reluctance to adapt to new ideas. Does Puel (if he is allowed to stay) sell on Vardy, Morgan, Simpson and Schmeichel or does he give it best and wait for the axe to fall? They appear to be the main suspects in this battle of wills. Most of the fans recognise Morgan and Simpson's limitations but neither Schmeichel and Vardy can really be isolated in that way. Moreover Vardy occupies a position that no other City player in my memory has come close to. Unknown to all-time hero in four seasons. He is the totemic player of our time. He doesn't apparently want to leave. So, if (and this is a big if) he's proving to be an obstacle in the course of progression/transition/evolution - whatever it's called - then how do you solve a problem like Jamie.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A middle of the road manager who causes no major issues would be a godsend for any Director of Football looking to protect his well paid position.

A Director of Football looking to protect his well paid position would also reject ex players from the club trying to get coaching / scouting jobs etc.

 

You can imagine Rudkin will say to Top don't sack my man, because you are going to sack me for hiring him..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2018 at 08:43, cityfanlee23 said:

Might be controversial but I've always thought vardy is probably one of those with a particularly poor off pitch attitude. He's always struck me as the kind of player that holds a lot of cards in the dressing room and isn't afraid to work behind someone's back. 

 

I know you aren't allowed to say that about our saviour though. 

He has become my all time favourite player because of the way he plays and puts everything in,having said that I have a horrible feeling (without any particular evidence) that he is the poison in the side,I reckon he has a massive say in what goes on.Maybe he recognises his own strengths and wants the team built around him so he looks good,not that that is a bad thing but I think it might be causing all the unrest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lionheart10 said:

He has become my all time favourite player because of the way he plays and puts everything in,having said that I have a horrible feeling (without any particular evidence) that he is the poison in the side,I reckon he has a massive say in what goes on.Maybe he recognises his own strengths and wants the team built around him so he looks good,not that that is a bad thing but I think it might be causing all the unrest.

Sorry to sound unkind but you said it yourself. No particular evidence. Therefore pointless and irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Sorry to sound unkind but you said it yourself. No particular evidence. Therefore pointless and irrelevant.

Sorry mate didn't realise there was a certain criteria to what you can or can't say on here.I would also swap the word "unkind" for "like a bit of a c**t".

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×