Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Lap of honour

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I am now not sure about Puel at all. But what he is supposed to be good at is development of a club on a holistic level. So even though his management of this team has of late looked very suspect, maybe thats not so important as the wholesale changes this club needs at the moment

Maybe thinking long term is the right choice for us now and getting rid would not do any good as our problems go much deeper than just game management

I can completely understand this thinking and the choice to keep him, despite recent form

Water time gate showed that he is no motivator and has lost authoity.  The owners cannot take our support for granted... they are imo good owners and i am sure they will see that puel has not got what it takes. ...and sticking with him would be a terrible misjudgement.   The players have been aplauded by all of us when they have done well...it coz we want things to improve that we have to give tough love

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It isn’t for the reasons previously stated which is mainly that the lap of appreciation is a family thing and their kids won’t be attending wed night. 

I'm not sure the last home game tradition was worth turning into an utter farce for that reason. 

Was this lap of appreciation ever announced before the game if it was I never saw it.

Even then how were fans to know whether it was a lap of appreciation of the fans or the players because it's usually the fans applauding the players.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Was this lap of appreciation ever announced before the game if it was I never saw it.

Even then how were fans to know whether it was a lap of appreciation of the fans or the players because it's usually the fans applauding the players.

Feel like a half time announcement would have cleared things up.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t hear anything before the game.

May I suggest a possible four-part solution to all this hand-wringing guilt-trip nonsense?

1) sack Puel before Wednesday

2) beat Arsenal (obviously only possible as a consequence of the above) 

3) re-stage the "lap of appreciation" after the Arsenal game (while apologising to the fans for the communication cock-up on Saturday)

4) tell Keown the Clown and Lineker to go fcuk themselves 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They did announce before the match that there would be a lap of appreciation after the game. The reason they gave for not having this on Wednesday V Arsenal was, as it was a midweek night match and folks would have to go to work the next day and kids off to school  etc and it would therefore be a late night. I think that was laudable to take this in to account. However, when they made the announcement very few fans were in their seats so can understand why many did not hear it and it was not repeated as far as I know.

Tannoy man should have joined in with the whole gallows humour thing going on..."And for the benefit of the people on the pitch the remaining supporters are Arthur Jones of Oadby, Dave Wilkins of Wigston...."

I was aware of it happening from the Programme and Web site, not sure if I heard it but usually Birch re-enforces it by saying it's happening, it was an oddity that the midweek game is now the last home game so it couldn't be presumed to be on Saturday as usual so a little confusion is understandable (as is not keeping toddlers up til gone ten.)

I exchanged a healthy thumbs up with Top which to me means he approves my offer to play right back on Wednesday. There was at least one player who hadn't played who was more engrossed with talking to their mrs than sharing any appreciation, they all have their own ways of dealing with what must have been a humiliating scale of event.

Without individual name announcements it's hard to quantify the spread of applause but mine were for Vardy - starved of service but still trying, Huth in case this is the last time we see him, Maguire who has done more good in his first season than a handful of other signing have in two. Filbert for turning down an approach from Chelsea and staying loyal and the owners for until now at least having the high standards to make a change when rot sets in and not accept being in the lower part of the table as well as their clear line of communication and honesty with us. And Chocolate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

It was announced over the tannoy before the game.

I was in 10 mins before kick off and didn't hear anything. If it was announced prior to that when the ground was mainly empty, and that's the last time it was communicated within the stadium, then it's no wonder people weren't aware. An announcement at half time and then a reminder during a break in play 2nd half were all that was needed. 

Regardless of recent form and yesterday's display, I think a significant number of people would have stayed behind if they were aware it was happening.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It might be risky announcing players one by one

Btw: when gray cane on there was sone booing...was it for gray or was it coz diabate was removed?

Also..what was the clapping at 54 mins for?  We need better comms in this

There was a note going around some of the pubs saying who it was for but I didn't hear who or why just the time.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

It might be risky announcing players one by one

Btw: when gray cane on there was sone booing...was it for gray or was it coz diabate was removed?

Also..what was the clapping at 54 mins for?  We need better comms in this

Regarding the reaction to the substitution it was in defence of Diabate. Calls of "You don't know what you're doing" were towards Puel as he continues to act like a four year old playing FIFA. A fresh legged Gray on for a fairly lively Diabate to me seemed a waste of a substitution. If Diabate is part of our long term plans then keep him on and dabble elsewhere. Maybe some would have preferred one of the other even younger subs so there may have been a degree of that too but I didn't detect that any of it was anti Gray or about his form or what he offers.

Guest Markyblue
14 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

I stayed. Puel looked a broken man as he walked past us. Felt sorry for him. However worked up we get about our football club, he’s a human being like the rest of us. 

Im sure he’s done his best. It just hasn’t worked out unfortunately for whatever reason. 

Could not agree more my friend. Anybody would think the blokes a mass murderer.fans have always moaned but I'm beginning to despair about our fans.if it' not the manager it's the players. Even the best owners any fans could ever hope for get chined.why don't a lot of you just go down the road to forest and then you would have plenty to cry about. My last ever post.beyond ashamed at my so called fellow city fans. 

How can you not know about it.

They said over the PA it was happening, they put it on the email they send out, they put it on twitter and it's in yesterday's matchday programme.

Just now, Fox92 said:

They said over the PA it was happening, they put it on the email they send out, they put it on twitter and it's in yesterday's matchday programme.

Never got the Email, never bought the programme, do not use twitter and never heard it over the tannoy, does that answer your question.

I take it you stayed behind then? 

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

They had 10 years with him and pay ten times as much for season tickets ! 

We haven’t even given Claude a season to try and get us flowing 

anyway Claude isn’t going anywhere Susan Whelan said in the directors box he is to be given 50m and what ever he raises from sales this summer 

in Claude we trust 

Puel has gone past the point of no return.

After reports of the players revolting against him and some faking injuries coupled with the performances and results of the past few months then this only ends one way for the Frenchman.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I didn't hear the PA announcement. I don't read the club's dull, generic e-mails. I'm not on twitter. And I don't buy a rip-off program.

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Never got the Email, never bought the programme, do not use twitter and never heard it over the tannoy, does that answer your question.

I take it you stayed behind then? 

No man, I just didn't want to clap them while they walked around the pitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I didn't hear the PA announcement. I don't read the club's dull, generic e-mails. I'm not on twitter. And I don't buy a rip-off program.

I don't read the emails I just open it and read the headings. I'll always get a programme because it's part of my matchday. 

There was no need to get personal. 

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure why my recent post on here got deleted?

Was just suggesting who the minute's applause was for as it was a club employee's birthday.

Thanks for the info by the way.