Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Lap of honour

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I really felt for the owners today, I was actually gutted for them.

Bringing so many of their own over for today for people not to care. Say what you want about the players and manager, but topp and vichai have always tried their best in what they believe it right and will help the club so I stayed for them. It was horrible seeing them look so hurt.

But I did get Hamzas shirt so it wasn't all bad lol

I agree with you about the owners but not the idea that people left because they 'didn't care'.  What is being served up now is unacceptable and I actually think the club is in crisis.  Fans made their views known by voting with their feet.   They needed to make a point it wasn't that they don't care.

I do feel for the owners though and for Puel himself strangely enough although he has to go.  

Not for the players though.  They know that they have been playing on auto pilot for months and despite Sylofox bizarrely losing his shit about it, we all know that they are doing the lap because they were made to,  I'm sure they would rather the ground would swallow them up.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Hardly going to do it at 10pm Wednesday are they?  People need/want to get home 

If it was a midweek cup game going to extra time, everyone would stop for an extra half an hour. Getting home slightly later wouldn't bother me. However if they want to do it on the last Saturday game so the players kids can join in, then fair enough, but they need to communicate it. They shouldnt just assume that people would assume that it was happening! The club's a shambles off the pitch as well as on it. 

6 minutes ago, Snik-Snok said:

If it was a midweek cup game going to extra time, everyone would stop for an extra half an hour. Getting home slightly later wouldn't bother me. However if they want to do it on the last Saturday game so the players kids can join in, then fair enough, but they need to communicate it. They shouldnt just assume that people would assume that it was happening! The club's a shambles off the pitch as well as on it. 

They did 

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

I agree with you about the owners but not the idea that people left because they 'didn't care'.  What is being served up now is unacceptable and I actually think the club is in crisis.  Fans made their views known by voting with their feet.   They needed to make a point it wasn't that they don't care.

I do feel for the owners though and for Puel himself strangely enough although he has to go.  

Not for the players though.  They know that they have been playing on auto pilot for months and despite Sylofox bizarrely losing his shit about it, we all know that they are doing the lap because they were made to,  I'm sure they would rather the ground would swallow them up.

I think you've summed it up.

It is embarrassing and it must be humiliating for the owners and even for Puel (who I feel sorry for).

But the club is in crisis. I keep saying we are sleep walking to relegation and hopefully the owners will now wake up and act. Not just with Puel but our outlook for the club and getting rid of Rudkin. The players have effectively downed tools these past months. They should be made aware that their lack of professionalism is unacceptable and contrary to what we, as paying fans, expect.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

They did 

I didn't hear or see anything, and I was in there well before kick off and stayed in my seat at half time. However as those that did stay behind must have known about it then I guess they must have announced it, but I missed it somehow.

Right or wrong I think a lot of peeps had, had enough and voted with their feet.

When the football is so poor game after game eventually something has to give and  the booing at the end of the first half was louder and more intense than the muted boo's at the last home match.

Was curious to know it the you don't know what you are doing chants were aimed at the manager?

32 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It was on the website, it was on Twitter and Facebook, it was in a email sent out by the club  

https://www.lcfc.com/news/677357/players-thank-you-to-retain-family-feel-this-weekend/featured

I didn't get an email, and I don't use Twitter or Facebook. Only time I need to go on the website is to get away tickets. Was there any announcement in the ground by tannoy or on the screen? If not then I would guess that a lot of people like me were unaware of it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

I actually think I'm more disgusted with some of your attitudes than some of the players. It's not a celebration it's the players saying Thank You for your support.

I really am in despair at what our support has become. You think our players should hold their heads in  shame.

Sadly some of you need to as well. Some of those players may never play again. Does Huth deserve what you dished him up.

Sadly losing faith in some of you more than the players. You can't even give them the chance to say sorry and Thank You for supporting us. 

This celebration shite some of you call its so wrong. Grow up n grow some. Do you really think they are happy with what they have given us.

Roll on the championship and div 1 back with fans that care and love us. Do we need a ground extension NO limit it to 12k n keep out the miserable ****ers that have tagged on.

R.I.P. true City fans.

You have misquoted me but I'll let you off..

It isn't as simple as you're making out. Leicester are massivily under achieving at the moment and are in what appears to be tantamount to turmoil. A lap of honour couldn't have come at a worst time and the players couldnt have expected anything more that what happened. 

Quoting people specifically and calling them out as fans who don't care is very low and misguided IMO. 

• Like 2

I’d seen on here whispers of the players doing a lap of dishonour after the game but the way they played and trudged off the pitch I didn’t think they’d come back out so I left. I do apologise but my 3 year old had enough so I had to go

7 hours ago, Snik-Snok said:

I didn't get an email, and I don't use Twitter or Facebook. Only time I need to go on the website is to get away tickets. Was there any announcement in the ground by tannoy or on the screen? If not then I would guess that a lot of people like me were unaware of it.

It was announced over the tannoy before the game.

11 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I really felt for the owners today, I was actually gutted for them.

Bringing so many of their own over for today for people not to care. Say what you want about the players and manager, but topp and vichai have always tried their best in what they believe it right and will help the club so I stayed for them. It was horrible seeing them look so hurt.

But I did get Hamzas shirt so it wasn't all bad lol

So buttons. This club isn't about them you know, owners should be the least visible members of any football club.

As for what the Thai JCLs thought, who honestly cares. None of us support Leicester to make King Power look respectable to their countrymen.

• Like 2

I am always positive and supportive of the owners, players/manager and an advocate of patience. This patience has worn thin over the last few months and  CP and the players have been a disgrace! Massively paid primadonnas effectively downing tools and showing disrespect to the club and fans being upset because the fans showed how they're feeling by voting with their feet.

And as for those coming on here with your righteous lambasting you can imo stick that opinion where this glorious sun don't shine.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

I was at the after party and i can tell you the walk out has not gone down well with ALL the players . Huth was gutted to not be able to say goodbye to YOU who left . He loves you the fans  , Kasper , Albrighton etc etc was gutted and upset . Top , who gives out free season tickets , beer etc to YOU that accepted it was gutted . It was not about YOU applauding players , it was about of both sides of the club , fans and staff . It was all sorted before the rearrangement of the Arsenal game as you must appreciate forward planning for food , the band etc for the staffs after party as they all work very hard for Leicester City  .  Honestly i was ashamed . 

Well their recent performances haven't gone down well with ALL of us fans. Football fans are undoubtedly fickle but poor management and or poor team performances have seen us produce some of our worst football in the top flight in recent memory. We as paying fans are frustrated by a lack of desire on the pitch, something that in recent years has always been apparent. Worryingly there's an increasing divide between the club and the fans that free doughnuts and beers won't fix. We need an identity and direction quickly or the only direction we will be going is down, that's how bad things are currently.

The players could show their appreciation by putting in some performances on the pitch. PERFORMANCES, not necessarily results.

Us fans have always showed up, week in, week out. Have the players?  They have a history of downing tools. So **** them. I am sure they will get over it. If they don't like it, they can go.

I do feel sorry for the owners, as they have pumped a lot into our club and the City but it's their job to employ people to run the club. As things stand at the minute, they aren't doing a good enough job.

Yesterday was fans showing their frustration with their feet.

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Seems strange they did it when you still have a game to go ?

Maybe people weren't aware hence the lack of numbers - not helped by the result .

9 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Wasn't announced at all, I had no idea it was even happening.

They did mention it before the match on the tannoy. And explained they did it today cos Wednesday night is school night and late finish etc hence deciding to stick with it yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They did mention it before the match on the tannoy. And explained they did it today cos Wednesday night is school night and late finish etc hence deciding to stick with it yesterday. 

I was aware it was happening but the tannoy guy should have announced it again on the final whistle and there should have been something  on the screens during the second half - stating that the players and staff wished to show their appreciation to the supporters and asking us to wait around for twenty minutes.  Given that drago is probably out now, huth could make the bench on Wednesday and get a proper cheer! 

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

You have misquoted me but I'll let you off..

It isn't as simple as you're making out. Leicester are massivily under achieving at the moment and are in what appears to be tantamount to turmoil. A lap of honour couldn't have come at a worst time and the players couldnt have expected anything more that what happened. 

Quoting people specifically and calling them out as fans who don't care is very low and misguided IMO. 

lol lol Wooooossssssshhhhhhh.

How many times do I have to say it. Call it what you want. The lap of the pitch yesterday was for the players to say Thank You also some to say Good Bye.

Anyone that left is totally disrespectful Imo. As I've said I've stood at filbert st watching a relegated side go round the ground. Very few left but the fvcking glory hunters won't hang around.

But yes I agree players like huth don't deserve to be given time to say good bye.

This really is so fvcking sad.

• Like 1

I've tried to not buy the stories of player power.

There are players that aren't injured saying they are and everyone knows it. It's pathetic. 

Yesterday was embarassing for the club, in two years we've gone back a long way. There is zero team spirit now.

This lap of appreciation was the icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesmilner said:

I was at the after party and i can tell you the walk out has not gone down well with ALL the players . Huth was gutted to not be able to say goodbye to YOU who left . He loves you the fans  , Kasper , Albrighton etc etc was gutted and upset . Top , who gives out free season tickets , beer etc to YOU that accepted it was gutted . It was not about YOU applauding players , it was about of both sides of the club , fans and staff . It was all sorted before the rearrangement of the Arsenal game as you must appreciate forward planning for food , the band etc for the staffs after party as they all work very hard for Leicester City  .  Honestly i was ashamed . 

Well if it means that much to the players you have mentioned that weren’t playing on saturday/recently, maybe they could walk round at half-time at the Arsenal game. I’m sure Huth at least would get the appropriate send off. 

I suppose what happened yesterday to the players that haven’t played recently is collateral damage, as the vast majority are disassociated with the club at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesmilner said:

Didn't seem to bothered when they had to be asked to leave revolution at 3am on weds morning. 

Doesn't strike me as a bunch of players that care that much anymore. On the back of a 5-0 thrashing. Going out on the lash till that time doesn't strike me as that professional.