Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Who Do You Want As Manager Next Season

Who Would You Want as Manager if Given the Choice  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want as manager next season assuming they would sign?

• Puel
    • Benitez
    • Wagner
    • Dyche
    • Hughton
    • None of the above

5 hours ago, 4everfox said:

We literally offer everything that are basic conditions of employment for any manager worth his salt

Aside from a relatively minor consideration, say, job security?

• Like 3

As much as I wouldn't turn up my nose at Pearson being hired for a third spell to maybe finish the job he didn't get a chance to complete, then there are far worse options than Puel staying put next season. As others have said, the likes of Dyche, Howe and Benitez are happy where they are and loved by the fans so there's little to no chance of any of them coming here. Puel needs a pre season first of all and to properly sort out our imbalanced and now inadequate squad to improve upon this middling season - and then the time to properly judge him will be at Christmas. I think we've been better than his Southampton team despite them getting to a League Cup final of course and finishing a place higher.......although he's had better players at his disposal here of course.....albeit a fair few injuries to deal with too plus the Mahrez saga at a crucial point in the season when we were still on for doing well in both the FA Cup and qualifying for Europe via the league.  

Lest we forget we finished 9th with 47 points in O'Neill's first Premier League season in 1997...…….when many had us down as relegation certainties that season!

Just to throw two pennorth worth in on Nige - it would be good for him to come back here - by Xmas we will be bottom three, we can finally let him go and move on - hopefully then we can stay up with another casualty of the first half of the season - yes, we are becoming one of those clubs.

14 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Why would he leave Burnley for a club that's at war with itself - a poisoned chalice if ever there was one.

Cos I think he the type of manager that would be perfect for West Ham, a no nonsense figure who would command respect and authority from the players. That's what West Ham, they were once considered a tough strong to beat.

I don't want us to become the kind of club that goes through managers endlessly. 

How many managers are we still paying off? 

Yes, our form and performances this year have been way below the standard we expect - absolutely intolerable some of them. 

But people are quick to ignore mitigating factors, like injuries, suspensions, Mardy Mahrez, the Silva farce and the behind the scenes antics of certain players that get leaked. 

One thing is for certain - we need to rehire the sports psychiatrist Claudio fired. 

Not all of these are Puels fault. He does however have a lot to answer for though. 

For me, this is a HUGE summer. We have an imbalanced squad that needs sorting and we need to start doing that very, very quickly. We need a new RB, CB and cover, and we need to get some sort of replacement for Mahrez who we need to sort his big move. 

If we're going to sack Puel then we need to do it NOW, and already have someone better lined up. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KJT said:

Cos I think he the type of manager that would be perfect for West Ham, a no nonsense figure who would command respect and authority from the players. That's what West Ham, they were once considered a tough strong to beat.

You  seriously think a man like Dyche would work for a slimeball like Sullivan?

• Like 1