Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Allardyce gone - Shaky, Walsh and NP available?

With Allardyce leaving Everton, I guess Shakespeare will now be out of a job. All the talk over the last couple of months, is that Walsh will be replaced as Everton's Director of Football by the PSV Technical Director. Nige already works for the Thais. What are the chances of a return for the 'Triumvirate'?!

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I dunno.

If we wanted to finish 9th-14th every year then these lads will guarantee it, but I think we have ambitions (and resources) to aim higher.

I'd take Walsh back in an absolute heartbeat regardless though.

I think they will team up again but not with us, this is potentially the last chance Pearson has of rebuilding his stature in the game and get back to the promise land. If he can get the gig at an ambitious Championship club and both Shakespeare and Walsh go with him he has another go at it, if not I think he'll find it difficult to get back in the PL.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

When the Pearson haters inevitably kick off on this thread

Leicester+City+v+Newcastle+United+Premie

I accept that we finished higher every season under him.

Now explain to me why, if he's so good, that he left us and went to Derby and then ended up in Belgium.

Surely other clubs should have taken a punt on him if he was as good as you belive?

They clearly believe he's damaged goods in some form or another.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wookie said:

If a championship club somehow got a hold of the three of them, they’d half unwittingly hit the ****ing jackpot. 

If Birmingham City have any sense they will jump on this. Perfect club rejuvenate in a decent location.

Edited by Koke
  • Haha 1

Just now, sylofox said:

Really? Was you in a coma for a season.

ahh i see what you mean, you mean when Leicester formed the greatest escape the premier league has ever seen.

the foundations the NP made for Leicester made us go on to win the league. this was still implemented the premier league winning season.

the following season when things went tits up was when CR changed all back room staff, diets training tactics.

so explain with which manager did we really go backwards with? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Now explain to me why, if he's so good, that he left us and went to Derby and then ended up in Belgium.

Surely other clubs should have taken a punt on him if he was as good as you belive?

He actually wasn't sacked for footballing reasons at Derby, he only managed about 10 games with a half decent record and got sacked for having a pop at the chairman for flying a drone over his training session. Other clubs in England just see him as an unhinged lunatic. 

12 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Surely you already know the answer,? Because he was damaged goods and painted as some sort of lunatic. Granted he did become a little unhinged second half of that season, but so much of it was blown out of proportion it's ludicrous.

Derby it's pretty clear what went on, he wanted to shape the team his way. The players kicked off and rather than back the manager to sort out a stagnating team, the chairman decided to side with the players. I've seen a huge number of Derby fans now suggesting that they SHOULD have given him the time to sort the squad out. Because every single year, they keep having the same issues.

He's said himself that he's turned down jobs because they weren't right for him personally.

• Like 4

Guest Markyblue
44 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Explain to be why it would be going backwards? 

As in prove why it would be.

Because we have only gone forward's when they been in charge .

Strange comment

Done a fantastic job for us full of respect for all 3 but let' look forward not back.