Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

Main reason we need to move him on is his attitude. During last game he was waving his arms and shouting when a perfect cross failed to materialise, making out everything was somebody elses fault, when often he was static and lacked pace to beat defenders. Looked a bad influence to the younger players to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Main reason we need to move him on is his attitude. During last game he was waving his arms and shouting when a perfect cross failed to materialise, making out everything was somebody elses fault, when often he was static and lacked pace to beat defenders. Looked a bad influence to the younger players to me.

He's had that attitude since he came here seems a bit of an arsehole if you ask me.

I've spent so much time thinking about our desperate need for another CB and a winger, that I've not thought too much about our striking options.

I'm obviously very happy with Vardy starting every game he can, and also Iheanacho is starting to really settle and produce, but are two enough for 38 game season plus however many cup games?

We have Okazaki who just doesn't score enough and is much more suited to a support role/no.10.

We have Ulloa who I believe will be little to no use for us and should definitely be moved on.

Then we have Slimani, who scores goals but struggles to fit into our system/style and attitude is questionable and probably wants out.

I see the sense in keeping Okazaki, just to give us a different type of player in that no.10, with energy and tenacity.

Ulloa and Slimani should be moved on though, but that will leave us short of another genuine goal scoring striker. 

We don't even have any young prospects who could be 3rd choice, pushing their way through. 

If we aren't going to sign any other strikers, then we seriously have to consider keeping one from Ulloa and Slimani, until the next window.

I'd go with Slimani as he is a much stronger goal threat, but his attitude has to be spot on and only Puel can decide on that. 

• Like 1

Slim will go, surely one of these teams sniffing about will put together a decent bid.  Wether it is before the window closes for us to buy is another question.  

If he is still here, he is more than good enough to be an option off the bench

6 hours ago, magoo said:

waste of money never rated him , when i think the players we could of bought absoloute joke

I don't blame Slimani, this was a terrible deal for Leicester and Slimani.

It was just lazy scouting by our scouting team. We could have bought him a month earlier in the window for his £23m release clause but let it expire and then paid £29m. Because he was a grafter we thought we were buying Okazaki with goals and a threat in the air and that was never the case. A square peg in a round hole. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't blame Slimani, this was a terrible deal for Leicester and Slimani.

It was just lazy scouting by our scouting team. We could have bought him a month earlier in the window for his £23m release clause but let it expire and then paid £29m. Because he was a grafter we thought we were buying Okazaki with goals and a threat in the air and that was never the case. A square peg in a round hole. 

Okazaki has always had goals and been a threat in the air given how small he is aswel I just wish he was 5 years younger 

8 minutes ago, FirePower said:

Okazaki has always had goals and been a threat in the air given how small he is aswel I just wish he was 5 years younger 

IIRC Okazaki's stats when we won the title were 5 goals and zero assists. 

Those were shockingly bad stats for a player who played so many minutes in the No10 role for a side that won the title. The stats don't tell the whole story but we were over reliant on Vardy and Mahrez to get the goals and probably wanted to bring in someone who could perform his role and chip in with more goals and assists. 

We'd turned Okazaki from a No9 to a No10 and thought we could do the same with Slimani.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

IIRC Okazaki's stats when we won the title were 5 goals and zero assists. 

Those were shockingly bad stats for a player who played so many minutes in the No10 role for a side that won the title. The stats don't tell the whole story but we were over reliant on Vardy and Mahrez to get the goals and probably wanted to bring in someone who could perform his role and chip in with more goals and assists. 

We'd turned Okazaki from a No9 to a No10 and thought we could do the same with Slimani.

Wow is that it always thought he faired well maybe it was because most of his goals were worldies hahaha

On 03/08/2018 at 14:25, STUHILL said:

I've spent so much time thinking about our desperate need for another CB and a winger, that I've not thought too much about our striking options.

I'm obviously very happy with Vardy starting every game he can, and also Iheanacho is starting to really settle and produce, but are two enough for 38 game season plus however many cup games?

We have Okazaki who just doesn't score enough and is much more suited to a support role/no.10.

We have Ulloa who I believe will be little to no use for us and should definitely be moved on.

Then we have Slimani, who scores goals but struggles to fit into our system/style and attitude is questionable and probably wants out.

I see the sense in keeping Okazaki, just to give us a different type of player in that no.10, with energy and tenacity.

Ulloa and Slimani should be moved on though, but that will leave us short of another genuine goal scoring striker. 

We don't even have any young prospects who could be 3rd choice, pushing their way through. 

If we aren't going to sign any other strikers, then we seriously have to consider keeping one from Ulloa and Slimani, until the next window.

I'd go with Slimani as he is a much stronger goal threat, but his attitude has to be spot on and only Puel can decide on that. 

I can't agree more with almost everything you've posted recently. 

I've also been saying we needed 2 wingers and a CB (prior to the gazzelle) and I've also been wondering about attacking options. 

Ideally Shimano would be happy with a bit part role as 3rd choice striker and a bit of a battering ram when all else fails but that's doubtful to be honest so it really leaves who would want that role? For me it really has to be a less than glamorous signing at the end of their career who can offer something different but is happy with limited game time. If he was a year younger I'd have said crouch but I think he's just a bit too far gone..... We DEFINATELY need someone to do what Kevin Phillips done for us a few years ago. 

(I also think that Kazakh provides that same thing for the no.10 role.)

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I can't agree more with almost everything you've posted recently. 

I've also been saying we needed 2 wingers and a CB (prior to the gazzelle) and I've also been wondering about attacking options. 

Ideally Shimano would be happy with a bit part role as 3rd choice striker and a bit of a battering ram when all else fails but that's doubtful to be honest so it really leaves who would want that role? For me it really has to be a less than glamorous signing at the end of their career who can offer something different but is happy with limited game time. If he was a year younger I'd have said crouch but I think he's just a bit too far gone..... We DEFINATELY need someone to do what Kevin Phillips done for us a few years ago. 

(I also think that Kazakh provides that same thing for the no.10 role.)

There was a rumour to us being interested in Fernando Llorente a couple of weeks ago, but it was deleted when I posted it on here (rightly so, as nothing been mentioned since). BUT I think we could benefit hugely from having a genuine plan B striker. You just have to look at how well Glenn Murray did last season, to know that even at 34, a player that is strong and dominant in the air and hold up-play, still can have huge value for a team. 

I'd much prefer someone like Llorente or similar styled, than Diouf. Vardy and Iheanacho are going to play (hopefully) 80% plus of our games, but that 20% including 10-15mins towards the end of league games or full cup games even, could really benefit from having a different type of striker. 

• Like 1