Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Jordan Lukaku

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I have faith in our recuitment team, they won't buy a LB that is worse than the two players we already have for 15m.

Exactly, I’m sure they’ve done a lot more research and made a better judgement than anyone on here could after 5-10 mins of digging 

but then again, that’s what I thought about some of the other crap signings we’ve made in the past couple of years 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I have faith in our recuitment team, they won't buy a LB that is worse than the two players we already have for 15m.

I wish I shared your optimism. Managers will always want to bring in their own choices. Sometimes they can’t seem to see when they already have the players they need!

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I wish I shared your optimism. Managers will always want to bring in their own choices. Sometimes they can’t seem to see when they already have the players they need!

We'll see. The last time we signed shit players on a manager's say-so was under Ranieri. Our signings this summer have all made a lot of sense, whereas this one makes zero sense. Puel is clearly a massive Chilwell fan. Fuchs isn't leaving any earlier than his contract end date either. Also we're meant to be still short on transfer funds until Mahrez goes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What’s the transfer fee? Seems like more of a squad player than first team but for the right money could still be reasonable backup. He’s still a young player and got great athleticism. 

The best way to improve a squad is to bring in better players than you have in your first team.  So the player deemed to be a first team player before, drops to the bench, and replaces the squad player, who was deemed not good enough to start in the first team.

Buying  players not deemed to be good enough to start in the first team is pointless, they are just squad fillers, and that way of transfer dealing will see a team tread water or worse over the passage of time.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1