Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lovejoy

Iborra back to Sevilla

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I hope this doesn't mean James or King is going to be our 3rd choice CM next season :nono:

When you look at the fact we have Ndidi, Silva, Choudry Maddison all probably top of the starting list in midfield then King, james, Mendy, Kapustka and all the speculation as to a new cm coming in, I can't see it being James as 3rd choice. 

Be surprised if much truth in this tbh. He performed well for us last season and I expect him to be better next season after having a full season to adapt to the pace and physicality. 

Don't necessarily see him as a starter when everyone fit, but he will be damn useful if we get any injuries and he will be pushing Silva for a starting place too.

Said this many times before, but we must have genuine quality in the squad and not focus solely on the starting 11, and so I hope we hold on to him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He doubed his wages coming here and managed to get a 4 year contract lol so it will only be a loan deal.

Not necessarily. 

Leicester could make up the difference between his new salary and current with a lump sum to cover the next 3 years

If we're not looking to use him much it makes sense and is common in football.

Believable rumour. I think something happened between him and Puel resulting in him being dropped for Matty James at the turn of the year, which coincidentally led to our drop in form and our push for Europe petering out. We've signed Maddison and Hamza seems to be developing so there is competition for places in the middle of the park and sadly I'm not sure Puel believes in Vicente.

Is this good for Leicester? I think it depends on what system we play next year. Assuming we play 4-2-3-1 (Puel's preferred system) then having three midfielders is necessary. I don't think Iborra is a starter, but that sort of system means you need depth and options and I personally really like Iborra, comes across as a great individual and I think our best games were when he and Ndidi bossed the middle of the park. So for me, I think it would be a mistake to sell or loan him out given that he's a great squad player and think players like King, Mendy and James should be sent packing first. However, it would not surprise me at all if Iborra goes instead of James.

If you are interested in seeing how we could play next season, this article is worth a read:

https://www.esdfanalysis.com/manager-analysis/claude-puel/

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Not necessarily. 

Leicester could make up the difference between his new salary and current with a lump sum to cover the next 3 years

If we're not looking to use him much it makes sense and is common in football.

Don't see much sense in it at all tbh. Would not make sense from a business side or playing side. 

Rated our 2nd best performing player in his first 6 months before injury and oddly being dropped. Controlled games at times for us. Even if he isn't first choice next season, he will be a firm 3rd choice and even be pushing for Silva's place if he doesn't improve next season. Iborra is a very good option for us to have in the squad and not an expensive one either. 

We won't get any real value from him in terms of money and that wasn't the point of his signing in the first place anyway. The value we get from a player like Iborra, is on the pitch. We need to keep him as he still has a lot to offer us for next season.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we lose out financially on this then no deal. He's an important member of our team, if he wants out then he takes a pay cut and Sevilla pay us back the majority of what we paid for him or give us N'Zonzi.

That's not going to happen, N'Zonzi won't come here but him and Ndidi would be awesome in the middle together. The Great Wall of Leicester. :D

Hopefully with Puel here signings like Iborra are a thing of the past, I get the impression that he demands good value from all our signings and we won't see ready made reserve players come in who are expensive and at an age with no potential for improvement. 

I get the impression with Shakey that he was like a fat kid in a sweet shop. We signed Iheanacho for big money to put him on the bench even though we were overloaded with strikers. Iborra was a different option to most of our midfield but ultimately was bought as an expensive reserve with little resale value, a huge waste of club resources but poor managers like lots of options regardless of cost.

• Like 2

I think his well suited to us, however it seems he hasn't settled.

I would assume we still owe Seville some of the money for his transfer and it will be wrote off and he will return on a reduced wage. 

Almost end up like a high cost loan.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Don't see much sense in it at all tbh. Would not make sense from a business side or playing side. 

Rated our 2nd best performing player in his first 6 months before injury and oddly being dropped. Controlled games at times for us. Even if he isn't first choice next season, he will be a firm 3rd choice and even be pushing for Silva's place if he doesn't improve next season. Iborra is a very good option for us to have in the squad and not an expensive one either. 

We won't get any real value from him in terms of money and that wasn't the point of his signing in the first place anyway. The value we get from a player like Iborra, is on the pitch. We need to keep him as he still has a lot to offer us for next season.

Well it all comes down to whether he is going to play or not. 

You're better off spending 20k a week on a player not playing than 60k a week. 

I'd have him as a starter personally