Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lovejoy

Iborra back to Sevilla

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

was probably our best signing in the summer tbf

No he really wasn't. Maguire was. He started strongly then faded away in December. There's a good reason why Puel played James for a while.

I like him a lot but he's been very inconsistent and never gave the feeling he settled in the team.

Should he go though we're again one midfielder short.

One of the most composed midfielders we’ve got, I’d be gutted if he goes.

The way he sits back and controls the game from midfield is brilliant...although he’s very slow he’s one of the best players to have for set pieces.

keep!:scarf:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sad times if he goes, decent player and a nice bloke.

I hope we don’t replace him with that guy from Juve, by all accounts he really isn’t very good. Or Mendy for that matter...

Agree. I definitely rate Iborra above Mendy and Sturaro. He’s got a lot of skills which we don’t exploit enough. He was thrown up front for Sevilla with good results on a lot of occasions.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Agree. I definitely rate Iborra above Mendy and Sturaro. He’s got a lot of skills which we don’t exploit enough. He was thrown up front for Sevilla with good results on a lot of occasions.

That’s the main reason getting rid of him would be daft, goals from midfield for us are going to be few and far between next season and he’s the only one with potential to bag a few (Maddison excluded but he’s a young lad and may take time to settle).

That said, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he hadn’t settled here and he wants out. Shocked if it’s Sevilla as he won’t play much but they could have got the story wrong and it could be Levante.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That’s the main reason getting rid of him would be daft, goals from midfield for us are going to be few and far between next season and he’s the only one with potential to bag a few (Maddison excluded but he’s a young lad and may take time to settle).

That said, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he hadn’t settled here and he wants out. Shocked if it’s Sevilla as he won’t play much but they could have got the story wrong and it could be Levante.

Exactly, he gives great head.  :P 

3/4 goals for us since he has been here ? 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Iborra can be a good player for us, during some of our best form under Puel he was instrumental in everything good we did, then he got injured/ the rest of the team didn't seem to play well. Keep.

I genuinely think he will be better next season too. Had a year to adapt to the league and will benefit from a full pre-season with us too. 

He will push Silva for a starting place and be able to make an impact from the bench too, as he is a real threat from set plays. 

Makes no sense to sell right now 

• Like 1

I thought there was next to no chance of Iborra going back to Sevilla anyway.

They agreed to sell him to Sunderland two years a go for £7m so they're not going to want to pay much to bring him back six months from his 31st birthday.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I genuinely think he will be better next season too. Had a year to adapt to the league and will benefit from a full pre-season with us too. 

He will push Silva for a starting place and be able to make an impact from the bench too, as he is a real threat from set plays. 

Makes no sense to sell right now 

He’s an improvement to the squad most importantly, regardless of his age and resale value 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Exactly, he gives great head.  :P 

3/4 goals for us since he has been here ? 

This post made my day?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Roque Mesa is a winger isn’t he? Doubt that would have any effect on their interest in Iborra unless were asking for a figure way higher than Sevilla are willing to pay- which is quite likely I guess

Screenshot_20180627-211349_Chrome.jpg