Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

I think we should stick with what we have. Diabate, Gray, Maddison will all be very useful. We may even be able to integrate other youth/young players who could potentially become top Prem players.

Never say never. I would hate for us to blow £50m on a pile of crap

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think we should stick with what we have. Diabate, Gray, Maddison will all be very useful. We may even be able to integrate other youth/young players who could potentially become top Prem players.

.... again...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Gray was pocketed by Anita when Leeds came to the KP last season - Mahrez came on and it was like he was playing with the U19s. Gray isn't the answer IMO.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Diabate and Gray are nowhere near the level where we can rely on them every week.

There's players out there around the same age who are far better.

Anyone else slightly concerned that we've not really been linked to any established, even half-decent replacements? Despite that fact that the Mahrez transfer has been happening for months?

I really don't think we have enough creativity in what we already have.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Just stumbled into this thread while looking for the Ziyech and Shaqiri threads.  Any news on either anyone?

Shaqiri:

Been trying to find something recent on Ziyech to anywhere, nada.

• Like 1

Think it's time we got a player that everyone knows who he is and what he can do. An established player. No more.. potentials, or he could be, or let's wait and see. We have enough of those. Mahrez, even with all his drama at times, and inconsistencies, was class and all players knew it. We need another player at least similar to that to help Vardy. 

9 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Interesting, hadn't seen that. Last I read was the Ajax manager confirming there was a deal in place with Roma, although that was slightly over a week ago.

There was a post earlier on the Ajax twitter page of him returning to training

We can't replace him, we're just buying several players in his position. We've got lost of youth in there at the moment and I think we should go for someone who we can realistically get who has experience in the Premier League. A Bolasie or a Townsend would be nice.