Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Coming second to a club that was playing in a council athletics stadium not so long ago. Rudkin disasterclass. 

Who cares? 

We've got Musa!! 

(high octane player) and has diesel at reasonable prices too! 

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The Ward signing went through so quickly because Liverpool couldn't believe they'd been offered £12m for their 4th choice keeper who'd played 3 times for them in 6 years. 

51 minutes ago, FirePower said:

12mill and a 20% sell on fee to Liverpool. Probably the worse business deal of the decade 

Yet plenty of people bizarrely defended it.

The Huddersfield fans almost to a man thought he was bang average Championship standard and Klopp had him behind Karis and Mingolet and Coleman and Giggs have him behind Hennessey.  Even the stats suggest his goals conceded expectation he should have conceded 40 goals in his season at Huddersfield but conceded 49 making him one of the statistically worst keepers in the Championship.  

Lets hope those people who have complete faith in our scouting team have seen something everyone else has missed and we are the one who are wrong in our original assessments. 

10 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Radio Leicester said we were interested, however we did not agree on the valuation.

Hearing Brighton have agreed a fee of £22-25 Million.

Even the Dutch reporter last night on the Football Forum did not really rate AJ, 

He actually named a few other players in which we should be looking at.

Dodged a bullet here I think.

Time will of course tell but the thing I’ve fekt all along about this player is he’s a gamble. And I’m not sure we should be taking £20+ M ones. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Radio Leicester said we were interested, however we did not agree on the valuation.

Hearing Brighton have agreed a fee of £22-25 Million.

Even the Dutch reporter last night on the Football Forum did not really rate AJ, 

He actually named a few other players in which we should be looking at.

Dodged a bullet here I think.

I'm not bothered about missing out on him.

The Dutch league is littered with their best players going to bigger leagues and either being fantastic or completely bombing.

This deal was always a big risk as there is so many variables. All transfers are a risk but I'd much rather be risking our £20-£25m on someone with the profile of Maddison than Jahanbakhsh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

The ultimate £25m gamble, from a league in which Klassen and Depay shone bright. 

To be fair Depay has reignited his career at Lyon and has been linked with other big moves but yeah I take your point. As someone else said it's always a gamble with anyone in the Dutch league. For every Van Nistelrooy, Stam, Seedorf, Davids, Kuyt, Van Persie... you get Vincent Janssen, Mateja Kezman, Jordy Clasie, Afonso Alves etc

29 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yet plenty of people bizarrely defended it.

The Huddersfield fans almost to a man thought he was bang average Championship standard and Klopp had him behind Karis and Mingolet and Coleman and Giggs have him behind Hennessey.  Even the stats suggest his goals conceded expectation he should have conceded 40 goals in his season at Huddersfield but conceded 49 making him one of the statistically worst keepers in the Championship.  

Lets hope those people who have complete faith in our scouting team have seen something everyone else has missed and we are the one who are wrong in our original assessments. 

Yes, that does seem an odd one on the face of it

33 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Who cares? 

We've got Musa!! 

(high octane player) and has diesel at reasonable prices too! 

Exactly.  Announce Townsend and new extended deals for both Wes and Leo and I would be happy with that.....

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

Do they have to be British to be credible?

No, but generally if we are interested and something Is happening then it leaks of from one of the usual credible press sources... this time... nothing, stone cold silence.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Can we lock this now? Fun while it lasted.  I doubt we were ever in for him.

Only because RumpleRudskin is a pr!ck. mind you the lad will probably break his leg next week now. 

Edited by ARM1968

On 15/07/2018 at 05:10, AjcW said:

I’m already a much bigger fan of our new Iranian friends than those Algerian ... Demons!

Good night, sweet Persians