Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm as uninterested in foxestalk hysteria as the next grown adult but I do feel some genuine concern that we've left Mahrez go with the belief that investing the money elsewhere is fine because we've already got good enough wingers. 

There is time, yes, but do we really want someone to sign on deadline day with no time to train and integrate with the team? 

We were either never really that interested in this guy and were being used by his agent to get him a better deal at Brighton or we had a passing interest and never put down a serious deal. 

Obviously a player offered the same wages here and Brighton isn't going to pick Brighton just as Malcom wouldn't come here over Roma or Barcelona. Sorry Brighton fans, that's not arrogance it's just the facts of football, there's a pecking order and you're behind us. 

But I don't actually see where a replacement for Mahrez is actually coming from, I see no actual reassurance that the club are looking for one. 

Elynoussi has gone, Anderson has gone, Jahanbakhsh has gone, all were realistic targets for us and we've signed a back up goalkeeper and an attacking Central midfielder. 

I'm not unhappy with our business but it's looking insufficient at present with really not much activity around. Diabate and Gray aren't good enough to start and it's starting to look a bit like Puel thinks otherwise. 

Hysteria? No. But if you aren't even a little nervous about that I'd suggest you're the odd one. 

Who said I wasn't mildly concerned, I want a replacement end of story. As I said, there is concern and then hysteria... the latter as per usual is laughably over the top. As for "I'd suggest you're the odd one", you write that like I had suggested someone else was?

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sebastian said:
Here I stand (here I stand)
Look around around around around around
But you won't see me (but you won't see me)
Now I'm here (now I'm here)
Now I'm there (now I'm there)
I'm just a
Just a new man
Yes you made me live again, wow

Down in the City, just Hoople and me...

27 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Didn't want him, can't say the name.

Can't we go back to the great days when we signed people like Richard Smith and Matt Jones?

After having a peruse of the tinder thread, I was convinced dicksmith was a vocation, not a name. 

You live and learn.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Makes me wonder if we weren't willing to give him a five year deal?

Probably more likely we weren't willing to guarantee him first team football. He'll get a lot more game time at Brighton. Some footballers do factor in playing time when they sign for a new club. We were probably offering more money than he'll be on at Brighton. It's refreshing to see someone make a move for footballing reasons rather than contractual

• Like 1