Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Post Match - England 1 - Croatia 2 (AET)

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I'm absolutely gutted. But so proud. Should've been out of sight by halftime. Gave them a chance to get back into it. Both goals very easily avoidable too. At least we can finally be proud of our team again. Don't see how people are waxing lyrical over Croatia. They weren't as good as people were making out. 

There is nothing to be proud of imo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I thought you were told to fvck off for making a post with “ad hominem” in it. 

I vented my spleen about Vardy constantly being overlooked and not being given a chance to work himself into the WC and more importantly, help England.

The guy with the Lennon profile pic quoted me, without answering my point, calling me a "fvcking melt" and then again when I asked him to acknowledge the thrust of my argument, simply telling me to "fvck off". Then, after stating he was using ad hominem tactics another dude, Jack the Hat McVitie told me to "fvck off".

Either that or I didn't read the rules?! I don't know, educate me perhaps.

Edited by Kendal Fox

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

We had no midfield. Asking Dele Alli/Lingard to rotate slotting into that second CM role alongside Henderson was going to get found out eventually. Henderson has done superb to hold the midfield together this tournament, but when Dier came on we lost the midfield battle. 

Neville got it spot on, we’re probably only short of a CM next to Henderson who can create from the middle and pick out a defence splitting pass. 

Someone like Shelvey you mean, who was sat at home watching it, scratching his nuts like the rest of us.

Every Englishman on FT would’ve taken the semi final before the tournament. 

We over performed in this WC so I find it hard to criticise or blame.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

They're all crawling out of the woodwork tonight. they've been waiting weeks to slag us off, nows their chance.

Yep, very sad really

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

They're all crawling out of the woodwork tonight. they've been waiting weeks to slag us off, nows their chance.

In my defence I always maintained we were an average side, with a poor midfield and a manager making poor big-club based selections, and as usual i’ve been proved right.

• Haha 1

We were shit from half time onwards. Simply not good enough and too many under performed. I don't blame Southgate at all

If you want to make a final you should beat teams like Croatia. Yes theyre a good team but they're not world class throughout like a France.

Feel we have blown our best ever chance to get to a final now.

Kane didn't show up in the knockout games. Alli, Lingard, Kane all below par today

I'm extremely disappointed by this

Guest ttfn
11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

They were not right.

Yes we had our chances, but Croatia were much the better side after half time.

Not terrible, not weak, nothing like the pundits were saying.

This kind of pundit shitegobbery gives the people around me up here who want to have a dig ample ammunition.

I will always rail against ill informed pundits.

They were much the better side after half-time. They got a grip on the game immediately at the start of the second half. That doesn’t mean that they weren’t there for the taking at half time, we’d been all over them and they’d offered very little.

Full marks to Croatia for grabbing hold of the game in the second half but it takes two to tango and we totally surrendered the initiative as well.

40 minutes ago, KJT said:

Southgate giving Vardy instructions with 3 minutes to go! What's Vardy meant to do, he gets no service, we have rubbish Midfield, if only we had Rooney!

Hah! Please don't get me started!

I can only hope Vardy was carrying an injury. Otherwise, just totally insane to throw him in at the deep end, after giving him almost zero time to get into the  flow of the World Cup.

Edited by Kendal Fox

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

In my defence I always maintained we were an average side, with a poor midfield and a manager making poor big-club based selections, and as usual i’ve been proved right.

Tbf, you've always been a miserable git, I'm not calling you. There are people on here tonight who we haven't seen in the match threads until now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Everybody knew we had a poor midfield when the squad was announced. It’s amazing we got as far as we did really.

When all’s said and done, we took advantage of a favourable draw to get to the semis, we deservedly went out to a slightly better team, we needed maybe a bit more steel in midfield and a tad less reliance on players who seemed to be struggling with knocks.

No shame. 

Southgate has to be given space to develop the side.