Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Post Match - England 1 - Croatia 2 (AET)

Ultimately we weren't good enough but the run was something we can be proud of. There were weaknesses tonight. Ying was doggo from the first minute, Kane was a motionless flagpole and we couldn't pass the ball. But we've had much worse tournaments. There's hope for the future in football at least.

Guest ttfn
12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A point I've made about Kane a million times on here. That chance he misses in the first half followed by the follow up he misses. If he squares it to Sterling, even Raheem isn't missing that, 2-0, game over. The follow up, instead of trying to score from an impossible angle, look up, pick out a team mate with a clearer shot. It's small margins that decide games, It's a team game, use them. Selfishness doesn't win trophies.

But it does win Golden Boots

*Ducks and covers*

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

In my defence I always maintained we were an average side, with a poor midfield and a manager making poor big-club based selections, and as usual i’ve been proved right.

Don't you ever stop f*****g moaning. Just p**s off and follow Cov & Wales

2 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

We were shit from half time onwards. Simply not good enough and too many under performed. I don't blame Southgate at all

If you want to make a final you should beat teams like Croatia. Yes theyre a good team but they're not world class throughout like a France.

Feel we have blown our best ever chance to get to a final now.

Kane didn't show up in the knockout games. Alli, Lingard, Kane all below par today

I'm extremely disappointed by this

I’d blame Southgate, he’s obviously told them to sit back and hang on to the lead

From the teams we faced you’d have to say our performance and final position are no better than par really. The feel good factor was a nice refreshing change though and hopefully we can improve next time. When you build your strategy around one player he has to perform and tonight he didn’t

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yep, very sad really

Come off it, Izzy, there is nothing noble about being a Little Englander - you're better than that.

You're allowing nationalism to blind you to the truth.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’d blame Southgate, he’s obviously told them to sit back and hang on to the lead

You heard his team talk did you?

Fvckin hate our English blame culture 

• Like 1

Did anyone genuinely believe we were going to win the game even at 1-0?.

Maybe it's because of Englands record or the fact I've watched them fail so many times I only had feelings tonight that Croatia would somehow win, even predicting there goals less than a minute before they scored.

I'm interested in whether people feel (emphases on feel) that we will win or is it just hope?.

That's why sometimes I don't watch England so I don't get those negative feelings.

It's weird I know but I am interested.

Good first half followed by tired second half, a little bit of inexperience I think came out from both the manager and team I think, changes were needed earlier on I think signs were creeping in around 55-60th minute things were not going to plan. Can't fault us our performance in this tournament but I'm just left feeling we probably threw it away tonight. That game was for the taking, Croatia I'm sorry but they weren't that good!

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

From the teams we faced you’d have to say our performance and final position are no better than par really. The feel good factor was a nice refreshing change though and hopefully we can improve next time. When you build your strategy around one player he has to perform and tonight he didn’t

I agree. The feel good factor became more important than the reality of who we’d played. The nation needed it and the football team definitely did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Maybe it's because of Englands record or the fact I've watched them fail so many times I only had feelings tonight that Croatia would somehow win, even predicting there goals less than a minute before they scored.

I'm interested in whether people feel (emphases on feel) that we will win or is it just hope?.

That's why sometimes I don't watch England so I don't get those negative feelings.

At 1-0 and creating chances, yes. At 1-1, no. Felt their second goal was arriving and that would be it. Chasing a game in extra-time is very tough.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Come off it, Izzy, there is nothing noble about being a Little Englander - you're better than that.

You're allowing nationalism to blind you to the truth.

I know the truth mate.

We had the youngest and most inexperienced squad at the tournament. We were never going to win the WC and we over performed.

Why people have to moan and blame is a bit beyond me really. Not sure how that makes me blinded by nationalism?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Never thought we were safe, I didn't think that about Tunisia or Sweden either. I had hope, I always have hope that's what being a supporter is about.

• Like 1

Just now, purpleronnie said:

I often get the same feeling. One of our weaknesses has always been an inability to keep the ball which invites pressure. You could feel it happening tonight. Such a typical England performance.

But a fun tournament and they should hold their heads up high.

• Like 1

We dominated the first half and should have scored more

They showed their experience, and that kind of win is never good to take. Second goal should never have happened

This is a painful loss. I'm not having it that Croatia were good. Their tales were up after scoring a goal for 20 minutes and parts of the second half of extra time

The better team won, we were not savvy or clinical enough

But **** em, hate Croatia for life now. It was a bit of a shithouse win when all is said and done

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. 

Kane must have a knock or some kind of muscle strain as his movement and runs were very restrained. He didn't look right.

I don't know why Southgate didn't bring on Loftus Cheek in the second half when our midfielders were shattered and struggling. Loftus Cheek for Lingard or Alli should have been the first change, not Rashford for Sterling.

Also, Mourinho is right about Rashford. He's not good enough. For a player with fresh legs, he didn't press enough or put their players under enough pressure. It's a shame that Vardy got a groin strain in the Colombia game or he would have been on ahead of Rashford.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Every Englishman on FT would’ve taken the semi final before the tournament. 

We over performed in this WC so I find it hard to criticise or blame.

I think people are more considered about if any actual progress has been made. (Which imo there has been).

Beating Panama, Tunisia and Sweden ain't that much of an achievement imo.

Beating the top sides in the tournament and reaching a Semi final would display more of a progression/achievement.