Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Kante.

20 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

He belongs at either Barcelona or Real.  He is the best player in the world at what he does and should play at the very highest level.  He is too good for Chelsea in my opinion.  X

This post took me over 3000 rep points.  I just want to thank you all for your support.  Most of the plaudits are obviously down to me and my amazing brain rather than you plebs but I do appreciate the support of the little people as it reminds me of how far I have come and should set an example to you all.  Kneel before me.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 2

Shame he had one of his ropier performances yesterday. Gave the ball away a lot, picked up a yellow card for the foul that led to Croatia's equaliser, given the runaround by Perisic for that equaliser, and then finally getting the hook early in the 2nd half. A player like him deserved to shine in the final. Still, being the unselfish team player he is I doubt he cares, the record books will always show he's a World Cup winner.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Shame he had one of his ropier performances yesterday. Gave the ball away a lot, picked up a yellow card for the foul that led to Croatia's equaliser, given the runaround by Perisic for that equaliser, and then finally getting the hook early in the 2nd half. A player like him deserved to shine in the final. Still, being the unselfish team player he is I doubt he cares, the record books will always show he's a World Cup winner.

Fairly certain he was carrying an injury or illness ............

Best player I've ever seen in the shirt - I got plenty of stick from mates when I said he should be playing for Madrid or Barca back in 15/16 - you think they'd have learned from the time I told them that Mahrez was something special and one to watch the year we came up!

Genuinely believe he's the best defensive midfielder in the world. What is it with the French and outrageously good DMs?

Edited by TeePee
  • Like 2

What a man, to do what he has and the way he does it is phenomenal. Amazes me how is he able to shy, reserved and just generally be himself in an environment where that isn't easy and surrounding by egos and flash people.

Has to be the greatest signing ever made, considering where he was at and what he has achieved. Incredible rise and I just wish we had one more season with him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

This post took me over 3000 rep points.  I just want to thank you all for your support.  Most of the plaudits are obviously down to me and my amazing brain rather than you plebs but I do appreciate the support of the little people as it reminds me of how far I have come and should set an example to you all.  Kneel before me.  X

:schlupp:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

Didnt one of the commentators mention something about breathing difficulties although that probably wasnt the reason he was subbed.

apparently he had a stomach bug ....................   word is he was going to be sick but he intercepted the vomit on its way up .........

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Are you Gerbold in disguise?

• Like 1

Considering the very low fee we paid to acquire, use his talents and make him the player that he's now well-known for globally today - reckon he must be one of the best value-for-money signings of the past decade or so.

24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Considering the very low fee we paid to acquire, use his talents and make him the player that he's now well-known for globally today - reckon he must be one of the best value-for-money signings of the past decade or so.

Kante & Mahrez, combined outlay ~£9m

We got £93.24m.

Freaking insane.

Figures from transfermarkt.

Also, didn't realise, Caen (who we bought Kante from) signed him on a free. There's someone out there that let N'Golo Kante go on a free transfer. :nigel:

• Haha 2

If you were to consider Lothar Matthaus as the greatest defensive midfielder ever; a choice that many do, Kante is already well on his way to bettering him. He was part of the most incredible football story the world has ever seen, he then won another title the year after. He's been a finalist in the Euros and now a World Cup under his belt. If he steps it up and heads to Barcelona or Madrid, he could end up winning a few Champions League titles, more league titles and a Euros if France continue to develop. Happiest face in football, so I'm buzzing at his meteoric rise! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

really.JPG.87e9bb52ff6f88d36877da6324438565.JPG

9 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

What a man, to do what he has and the way he does it is phenomenal. Amazes me how is he able to shy, reserved and just generally be himself in an environment where that isn't easy and surrounding by egos and flash people.

Has to be the greatest signing ever made, considering where he was at and what he has achieved. Incredible rise and I just wish we had one more season with him.

If just like to point out that shyness is a character trait and it's very hard to be anything else. Most shy people are shunned and labelled ignorant and can be very awkward socially, but in a business full of egos and talent trying to be noticed, it's not difficult to appear humble and withdrawn and be applauded for it. Unfortunately it appears to be the only business where it is. He's absolutely the luckiest sod alive today.