Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Kante.

no one knows - however, Chelsea paid 12 mill more than his release clause because they weren’t champ league qualified. This was based on sven’s ‘bid’ of 35 mill from China pushing the market price up. I don’t think we would have got a sell on clause aswell - it’s v unusual for sell on clauses to be inserted into deals in the tens of millions in any case. 

I hope he goes to barca - he deserves it.  

I doubt it because they matched the release clause didn't they.

I like seeing him in England but I do hope he goes to Barcelona because he has justified a move to a club as big as that.

Really hope that he leaves Chelsea, as he is so much better than them. There is also a certain schadenfreude in seeing them lose him quickly, as it still wrankles that he left us for them when we were in the CL and they'd just finished 10th. I'm sure he feels justified in that decision after winning the league last season but even so!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Bugger, I thought he was coming back for a minute! 

Barca - another step up from Chelsea the step up.

Had a quick nosey around and Chelsea fans seem to think that this is all down to him negotiating a better deal. Who knows... my understanding was that he was unhappy and wanted to leave (but then I guess we know with Mahrez, you don't always get what you want). Things at Chelsea sound pretty unstable at the moment, and watching Hazard at the world cup really made me think about how they aren't getting the best out of their players right now. 

Anyhow, I like that Kante appears to have stayed a friend of the club and hope that he gets the opportunities he needs. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

no one knows - however, Chelsea paid 12 mill more than his release clause because they weren’t champ league qualified. This was based on sven’s ‘bid’ of 35 mill from China pushing the market price up. I don’t think we would have got a sell on clause aswell - it’s v unusual for sell on clauses to be inserted into deals in the tens of millions in any case. 

I’m sure I read at the time that Sven’s bid was much much higher, like in the 60s? That period is a bit of a blur what with all the tears of joy... 

53 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’m sure I read at the time that Sven’s bid was much much higher, like in the 60s? That period is a bit of a blur what with all the tears of joy... 

Sven's bid was definitely around 35 mil from what I recall.

I can't see this happening at all. Kante can't push for a move without a release clause, and I was under the impression he was a Chelsea fan as a kid.

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Chelsea deserve it and not unexpectedly 

Once a snake a always a snake.

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

To be honest, i hope that Kante wins the world cup, goes on to win champions league etc etc.

His time here he seemed an ideal pro, the sort of player that you are proud to have at your club, he deserves to go on and become a legend.

I agree.  Saw an interview with Vardy where is said he and everyone else will always miss Kante as he "smiled all the time".  Seems the players are more forgiving than most fans.  I was gutted when he left but, as the best player in the world in his position and with no link to Leicester other than our title win, I completely understand why he wanted to move.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

To be honest, i hope that Kante wins the world cup, goes on to win champions league etc etc.

His time here he seemed an ideal pro, the sort of player that you are proud to have at your club, he deserves to go on and become a legend.

Already a legend in all LCFC fans eyes I'm sure! 

• Like 3