Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

Welcome Danny Ward

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

There's always the hope that Ward won't turn out to be a flop, the transfer fee irks me the most.

You're not pretty nuanced when it comes to analyzing Huddersfield fans' reactions to Ward - from what I can gather, most of them do rate him (some more than others), it's just that they rate Lössl higher.

I'm sure a 25-year old goalkeeper still has lots of room for improvement in terms of kicking, distribution, positioning, reactions and whatnot.

The most prevalent criticism aimed at Ward is his alleged "lack of commanding his area" - such a thing can be easily rectified.

Also funny when you consider the fact that Lössl wasn't highly thought of at Mainz initially.

And remind me again what our reactions were when we signed Kasper seven years ago. He has improved quite a lot since the early days, hasn't he?

You obviously haven't read the thread about him  on the Huddersfield forum. http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy

I'm happy to be proved wrong though if you want to direct me to all the positive posts on him? 

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You obviously haven't read the thread about him  on the Huddersfield forum. http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy

I'm happy to be proved wrong though if you want to direct me to all the positive posts on him? 

Obviously you haven't read the thread properly, there's plenty of people complimenting him on his reflexes and his playoff heroics, and I've hinted at Huddersfield fans criticizing him for his lack of "commanding his area". That is being more nuanced.

Again, you only seem to want to see the negative aspects here than talk about the whole picture.

I'm not convinced he'll be a flop, and I'm not convinced he'll succeed. It can go either way. But no matter what, £12.5m is a very heavy price tag for Wales' second-choice goalkeeper.

Ward certainly has his flaws and his qualities, the important thing is that our coaching staff can eliminate the bad traits and/or improve the positive aspects of his game.

And once he's gone for £17m upwards, we can all lean back and sigh with relief... :ph34r:

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Obviously you haven't read the thread properly, there's plenty of people complimenting him on his reflexes and his playoff heroics, and I've hinted at Huddersfield fans criticizing him for his lack of "commanding his area". That is being more nuanced.

Again, you only seem to want to see the negative aspects here than talk about the whole picture.

I'm not convinced he'll be a flop, and I'm not convinced he'll succeed. It can go either way. But no matter what, £12.5m is a very heavy price tag for Wales' second-choice goalkeeper.

Ward certainly has his flaws and his qualities, the important thing is that our coaching staff can eliminate the bad traits and/or improve the positive aspects of his game.

If you think that thread is a positive for him then there's no hope for you. It's damning, for every neutral comment about him there are ten negative ones. You'll see what you want to see though but anyone who has read the Huddersfield forum will think you're talking out your arse. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If you think that thread is a positive for him then there's no hope for you. It's damning, for every neutral comment about him there are ten negative ones. You'll see what you want to see though but anyone who has read the Huddersfield forum will think you're talking out your arse. 

Erm.... no. Sorry.

May I also refer you to the BBC comments section on this transfer?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44907738

It's all a matter of perspective. Or bias. Or whatever you want to call it.

Just now, Gerard said:

It is a worrying thread that is. It's quite surprising as I remember the summer they came up their fans were all over twitter up in arms he wasn't coming back but make no bones about it, there's some serious criticism there during a spell when they were promoted to their highest level in decades.

I do laugh at how they all claimed Lossl was better in August 2017, when he'd played 2 PL games. Ward really must have flattered to deceive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You've got to give the lad a chance though before writing him off!

Think everyone agrees the fee is exuberant, but he's a Leicester City player now and we get behind our boys for at least the first 10 minutes of our first preseason game :D.

The team is in big transition this season, and we may well see more incomings / outgoings. But Leicester boys are we, pride of our city! Through the good times and the bad, we always back the lads! :scarf:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm glad you rated him, I guess you just watched him in the play offs and formed your opinion by that?

Meanwhile the actual Huddersfield fans who watched him for 43 games thought he was a bang average Championship keeper and the weak link in their promotion winning team.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy

Ah well I thought the window was going too well. Prove me wrong Danny Boy but I fear this will be another name alongside Slimani, Mendy and Musa. 

Several "I told you so!!" posts incoming

Congratulations

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Erm.... no. Sorry.

May I also refer you to the BBC comments section on this transfer?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44907738

It's all a matter of perspective. Or bias. Or whatever you want to call it.

I'll take the Huddersfield forum's opinions which will be mainly made up of people who watch Huddersfield games than some armchair Liverpool fan from Weymouth opinion who feels qualified to give it after he has played two games in six years. 

I don't care what Liverpool fans opinion of him as they've never seen him play. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'll take the Huddersfield forum's opinions which will be mainly made up of people who watch Huddersfield games than some armchair Liverpool fan from Weymouth opinion who feels qualified to give it after he has played two games in six years. 

I don't care what Liverpool fans opinion of him as they've never seen him play. 

Well, that's a classic example of confirmation bias.

You're twisting the Huddersfield fans' reaction so that it fits your narrative:

Meanwhile the actual Huddersfield fans who watched him for 43 games thought he was a bang average Championship keeper and the weak link in their promotion winning team.

Not all Huddersfield fans, not even a vast majority, (on one internet forum),  thought he was a "bang average Championship keeper" and "the weak link in their promotion-winning team".

I'm also surprised you haven't hit anyone with Lunin yet in this thread.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Several "I told you so!!" posts incoming

Congratulations

Yes, we should all be happy clappers and not offer our opinion on a forum. :rolleyes:

I've yet to see one reason to justify his transfer fee but I can give you loads to justify why it's a disaster in waiting. 

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, that's a classic example of confirmation bias.

You're twisting the Huddersfield fans' reaction so that it fits your narrative:

Not all Huddersfield fans, not even a vast majority, (on one internet forum),  thought he was a "bang average Championship keeper" and "the weak link in their promotion-winning team".

I'm also surprised you haven't hit anyone with Lunin yet in this thread.

I'm not twisting at all, you obviously haven't read the Huddersfield forum when they started the thread on him last summer after promotion. Please read it and post the positives and then I'll post the negatives.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yes, we should all be happy clappers and not offer our opinion on a forum. :rolleyes:

I've yet to see one reason to justify his transfer fee but I can give you loads to justify why it's a disaster in waiting. 

You mean a few opinions of Huddersfield fans on one HTFC forum who rate him less than Lössl?

Yeah, "loads".

Edited by MC Prussian

Just now, Gerard said:

I'm not twisting at all, you obviously haven't read the Huddersfield forum when they started the thread on him last summer after promotion. Please read it and post the positives and then I'll post the negatives.

I have read the forum. Seems like you haven't and continue to regurgitate your stance.

This is leading nowhere.

I'm pleading for nuance, you're blinded. No sense in trying to talk sense to you, other than the fact that I share the sentiment regarding the transfer fee (as mentioned several times in this thread).

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You mean a few opinions of Huddersfield fans on one HUFC forum who rate him less than Lössl?

Yeah, "loads".

I mean almost every Huddersfield fan on their main forum

Read the thread and tell me otherwise. 

I'm so completely underwhelmed by this it's depressing. HOWEVER, I've been excited about all our signings from Musa to Silva and hardly any of them have done well so he deserves a chance. Good luck to him and I hope he proves everyone wrong! 

Good luck to Kasper whether he goes as well.

• Like 1

Our media team are class. “You’ve signed a 4 year contract do you plan on being here long term?” What kind of stupid question actually is that? “Er, nah I don’t really”. Jesus. 

• Haha 4