Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

Welcome Danny Ward

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah because the BBC is a completey honest media organisation cough cough Jimmy Saville cough cough.

transfermarket.com is what I always use as an unbiased medium for what the transfer fee was rightly or wrongly.

They have the fee down as 12.6m and his market value at £2.25m. 

If you didn't laugh you'd cry, great job Rudkin. lol

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/danny-ward/profil/spieler/203026

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hack said:

Seriously you are taking a fan forum opinion as the basis of how good a player is.  Have you read this forum at all?  If you were an outsider reading this there is not player on the roster worth a bag of salt. The harshness of many so called fans is nuts.  None of us should be the basis of deciding the skill or value of a player.  Sure we are entitled to criticize when deserved but for you to make such a sweeping judgement about Ward from a fan forum says more about you than it does about him. 

As I've said I don't take it as gospel but it's a bloody good guide. Do you not think we collectively as fans don't know a good player from an average or poor player. We could all see Kante was special  a couple of months before the media or other fans latched on to it. As fans are we not as good a judge as anyone when we've seen a player play for a season or more? I'd like to think I have a handle on how good or bad most of our players are. 

I also base my opinion on Klopp having him behind Karius and Mingolet and the Wales manager having him behind Hennessey. So that's Klopp, the Wales managers, Wagner (who didn't want to buy him) and the Huddersfield fans almost to a man who think he was distinctly average. I've never seen the lad play but all the signs point towards a bad buy and Liverpool look like they couldn't take our money quick enough the speed this has gone through.

Now you tell me your case on why he's worth the money we just paid for him or are you just a happy clapper who trust our scouting team implicitly despite the evidence?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hack said:

Seriously you are taking a fan forum opinion as the basis of how good a player is.  Have you read this forum at all?  If you were an outsider reading this there is not player on the roster worth a bag of salt. The harshness of many so called fans is nuts.  None of us should be the basis of deciding the skill or value of a player.  Sure we are entitled to criticize when deserved but for you to make such a sweeping judgement about Ward from a fan forum says more about you than it does about him. 

Excellent Post. Well Said.

29 minutes ago, Hack said:

The judgement should probably be made on the 4 Liverpool starts in 4 years, more so with the fact they have been crying out for a decent keeper during that time 

51 minutes ago, Hack said:

Who cares about stats eh? Another thing I expect you to dismiss.

When on loan at Huddersfield his goals conceded expectation was 40 but he conceded 49. A big sample size as well.

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Angus Gunn went to Southampton for £15m and he's only had one season at Norwich in his professional career. Ward hasn't done much more than that apart from half a season at Aberdeen. 

3 years younger 

fee on transfer market site is actually 10.3m

Very hard to get too excited about someone who is essentially a backup keeper, he's a player with a lot of potential, impressed at Huddersfield and looking forwards could train on to be our no. 1 keeper over time. He should prove better cover and competition for Kasper than Hamer and Schwarzer were (not even bothering factoring Jakopovic into the conversation- what a bizarre signing that was). But the transfer fee - even accepting some of the money we paid would be due to Wrexham for the sell on clause - is massively, hugely excessive.

8 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Liverpool fans seem disappointed to lose him, from what I’m seeing. Most say the wrong keeper was sold.

Ward has played 2 PL games and 1 League Cup match in his six years at Liverpool. 

I would completely dismiss any Liverpool fans opinion on him. It's bizarre that Liverpool fans are credited with better knowledge of him than Huddersfield fans who thought he was bang average Championship level even though they seen him play 43 times in the 2016/17 season.

Sadly if a goalkeeper comes in as disliked, there is almost no chance he can change that opinion. 

He cam make a thousand good saves, but one simple error will bring out the toldyaso's

Welcome and good luck

• Like 2

Why do the club insist on doing this #welcomeward #welcomeevans #welcomemaddison etc. If I started a new job and I was introduced by my surname I wouldn't think it very welcoming.

Then again if I had just signed a contract for lord knows how much a week I would probably let them call me what they liked.

22 minutes ago, Livid said:

Why do the club insist on doing this #welcomeward #welcomeevans #welcomemaddison etc. If I started a new job and I was introduced by my surname I wouldn't think it very welcoming.

Then again if I had just signed a contract for lord knows how much a week I would probably let them call me what they liked.

That's because fans generally call players by their surname. 

I don't see many fans calling Messi by his first name Lionel, mainly because he'd be confused with Lionel Richie. 

31 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Ahem…. It says WELCOME Danny Ward…

Where’s the fook off Danny Ward, I haven’t seen you play, but, want to judge you anyway thread, as I want I post on that one…?

Indeed. 

If the owners want to spend 12 mil on a goalkeeper then that’s up to them, it’s their money. He’s a fair bit younger than Kasper so he’s clearly his replacement in a few years or even now (I have a sneaky feeling Kasper will leave this window) I think it’s a good bit of business personally. We seriously need to get out of this habit of slagging players off just because they don’t fit in with what we, as fans, think we might want or need, we aren’t the manager or the owners. Liverpool fans rate him highly so I think we should just chill somewhat and see him play before we go into typical Leicester City fan meltdown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddog said:

That's because fans generally call players by their surname. 

I don't see many fans calling Messi by his first name Lionel, mainly because he'd be confused with Lionel Richie. 

easy mistake tbf

lm_zpsu1g2e7un.jpg

• Haha 1

Huddersfield fans rate Ward from what I can tell, there's some who say he couldn't perform on the same level consistently during their last Championship season, but they acknowledge he's got something in him, reflexes and shot-stopping being his main strengths, and with a lack of being able to command his area as a main negative talking point.

Whomever continues to refer to the main Huddersfield forum and the thread on Ward does so by ignoring the vast majority of posters on there going into the Lössl vs. Ward debate that doesn't say much about Ward's individual qualities, a debate which Ward obviously can't win, because Lössl performed (much) better than Ward. But that doesn't automatically mean that Ward is a bad or average goalkeeper. He's six years younger than Schmeichel and there's plenty of room for improvement in all areas.

Don't get carried away by the writings of a clearly biased individual on here, trying to tell you differently.

All in all, let's give the guy a chance - despite the relatively high price tag.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bert said:

Our media team are class. “You’ve signed a 4 year contract do you plan on being here long term?” What kind of stupid question actually is that? “Er, nah I don’t really”. Jesus. 

And what's with the constant Love Island question for every new signing? Has no place in football, that crap.

Cringeworthy.

• Like 1