Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

Welcome Danny Ward

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Good signing, pleased with it. I was impressed with him at Huddersfield and I've been wanting actual decent competition for Kasper for years now.

I'm glad you rated him, I guess you just watched him in the play offs and formed your opinion by that?

Meanwhile the actual Huddersfield fans who watched him for 43 games thought he was a bang average Championship keeper and the weak link in their promotion winning team.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106786/danny-ward-happy

Ah well I thought the window was going too well. Prove me wrong Danny Boy but I fear this will be another name alongside Slimani, Mendy and Musa. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I'm glad you rated him, I guess you just watched him in the play offs and formed your opinion by that?

Meanwhile the actual Huddersfield fans who watched him for 43 games thought he was a bang average Championship keeper and the weak link in their promotion winning team.

Ah well I thought the window was going too well. Prove me wrong Danny Boy but I fear this will be another name alongside Slimani, Mendy and Musa. 

Obviously not every week but from what I saw of him he was good for Huddersfield. He was class in the play offs.

There's always a difference of opinion in football fans. If people read this forum they'd be totally surprised with how some of our fans act over certain players so I wouldn't take a forum on the internet as evidence of a players ability.

I'm going Notts County tomorrow for the friendly and hopefully Ward will have a run out.

• Like 1

Can’t believe Rudkin has managed to spunk 1/4 of the Mahrez money on a player that is destined for little to no game time and was rated as a worse goalkeeper than Karius and Mignolet by Klopp... OUCH!

Meanwhile, we have known we needed a Mahrez replacement for 3 transfer windows and still don’t look like we have a clue to who that may be. 

Worrying times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Jesus...

• Like 1

Just now, wattolcfc said:

Can’t believe Rudkin has managed to spunk 1/4 of the Mahrez money on a player that is destined for little to no game time and was rated as a worse goalkeeper than Karius and Mignolet by Klopp... OUCH!

Meanwhile, we have known we needed a Mahrez replacement for 3 transfer windows and still don’t look like we have a clue to who that may be. 

Worrying times.

I've just spent 0.0000066666666666 of Mahrez's transfer fee on a sub standard pint. Worrying times indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Wait till they see Ben Hamer then. Danny Ward will look like a world beater.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Worrying times.

We bought Maddison in this year. Not comparing players, of course, but at least he's somesort of creative and goalscoring player.

Countless people on here moan when Kasper is shit, because he was awful this year let's be honest and we had "we need competition for Kasper now" he needs to be pushed. We now have that in Ward and people still moan. Standard FT 

• Like 1

Just now, StevieB said:

Countless people on here moan when Kasper is shit, because he was awful this year let's be honest and we had "we need competition for Kasper now" he needs to be pushed. We now have that in Ward and people still moan. Standard FT 

Transfer window on here used to, and still does, piss me off but nowadays it's all year around too. Some of the posts are laughable.

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

There's always the hope that Ward won't turn out to be a flop, the transfer fee irks me the most.

You're not pretty nuanced when it comes to analyzing Huddersfield fans' reactions to Ward - from what I can gather, most of them do rate him (some more than others), it's just that they rate Lössl higher.

I'm sure a 25-year old goalkeeper still has lots of room for improvement in terms of kicking, distribution, positioning, reactions and whatnot.

The most prevalent criticism aimed at Ward is his alleged "lack of commanding his area" - such a thing can be easily rectified.

Also funny when you consider the fact that Lössl wasn't highly thought of at Mainz initially.

And remind me again what our reactions were when we signed Kasper seven years ago. He has improved quite a lot since the early days, hasn't he?

• Like 3

Sorry but I think this is a bad deal.

Will still give the lad a warm welcome and I really hope he proves me wrong, but am terrified this means we are selling one the best players that has ever played for us in Kasper and having a unproven replacement. That is a LOT of money and recent keepers like Zieler and Jakupovic have hardly worked out.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Obviously none of us know the ins ands outs but it feels as though we didn’t bother negotiating, the story came out of the blue and the deal was quickly agreed. Surely we’d have heard some rumours if it was protracted. I can’t believe we went in with £12.5m as our first offer but it appears that way.

• Like 1