Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

Welcome Danny Ward

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I mean almost every Huddersfield fan on their main forum

Read the thread and tell me otherwise. 

throughout the sales of players like mahrez and drinkwater i’d wager that majority of posts on this forum were more negative than positive, and that’s about two of the best players in our history. 

doesnt sound great but basing everything on a thread on the internet is a little OTT. i’ll wait and see before realising he’s shit. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bert said:

Our media team are class. “You’ve signed a 5 year contract do you plan on being here long term?” What kind of stupid question actually is that? “Er, nah I don’t really”. Jesus. 

The club interviews are unwatchable due to how cringy they are to watch.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

There's always the hope that Ward won't turn out to be a flop, the transfer fee irks me the most.

You're not pretty nuanced when it comes to analyzing Huddersfield fans' reactions to Ward - from what I can gather, most of them do rate him (some more than others), it's just that they rate Lössl higher.

I'm sure a 25-year old goalkeeper still has lots of room for improvement in terms of kicking, distribution, positioning, reactions and whatnot.

The most prevalent criticism aimed at Ward is his alleged "lack of commanding his area" - such a thing can be easily rectified.

Also funny when you consider the fact that Lössl wasn't highly thought of at Mainz initially.

And remind me again what our reactions were when we signed Kasper seven years ago. He has improved quite a lot since the early days, hasn't he?

Can it?

Could fool me watching us.

Danny Who ? 12.5...what quid.. this just doesn't smell right.... come on.....do we even need him..?          Danny, Danny Ward...                              Rudkin r u Sure...                            Danny, Danny Ward..                            My Chin is on the Floor..

Edited by The Wizard

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can it?

Could fool me watching us.

So he's 4th in the Liverpool pecking order after Allison, Karius and Mignolet. At first glance it doesn't fill you with confidence given two of that group's erratic performances. However I think he may be underrated. The price doesn't say so though! £12M what the hell is going on with Premiership transfer prices!!!

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

So he's 4th in the Liverpool pecking order after Allison, Karius and Mignolet. At first glance it doesn't fill you with confidence given two of that group's erratic performances. However I think he may be underrated. The price doesn't say so though! £12M what the hell is going on with Premiership transfer prices!!!

He might be a good goalkeeper but it's very much a gamble in my eyes. If we do sell Schmeichel you'd expect a higher calibre of replacement and if he's back-up you have to ask why we've gone and paid that much for him. We're not rich enough to spend that much on a back-up keeper, a very unproven one at that.

Premier League transfer fees are absurd but that doesn't mean we have to blow money because it's the fashionable thing to do. Premier League clubs pissing their money away should be something we exploit rather than join.

• Like 2

Every signing is a gamble by and large.

Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Kante were lower risk ones which paid off.

Slimani, Musa, Mendy etc were higher risk and haven't.

Anyway...

You'd certainly think Schmeichel would be off now.

Can't see lcfc paying £12m for a back up GK. (Be amazed if more than half was paid up front though)

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

£12.5m ?? Really. As far as I know that hasn't been confirmed by either club.

Undisclosed.

A guestimate by someone, somewhere. Might be close, most probably isn't.

Not confirmed by either club, but the BBC thinks it's accurate, so I'll go with that:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44907738

51 minutes ago, iamafox said:

By paying that sort of money for a goalie, he has to become first-choice at some point surely?

You would think he is ear marked for the first team and if not what were the powers that be thinking?

I've just looked on transfermarket.com at the top six reserve GK's and if Ward has signed to be reserve GK it means we've spent more on our reserve GK than those six put together.

I'm not including Liverpool or Man City as their reserve GK's were signed as first team players but found themselves down the pecking order.

The other four sides bought reserve GK's are:

Romero (Man Utd) Free

Callabero (Chelsea) Free

Vorm (Spurs) £5m

Ospina (Arsenal) £3.6m

I think I've vented enough about my displeasure in this transfer and this has all the hallmarks of the Benalouane transfer which never made sense on any level and that was before he'd kicked a ball for us. Anyway he's a Leicester player now and I hope I'm spectacularly wrong. 

4 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

Can’t believe Rudkin has managed to spunk 1/4 of the Mahrez money on a player that is destined for little to no game time and was rated as a worse goalkeeper than Karius and Mignolet by Klopp... OUCH!

Meanwhile, we have known we needed a Mahrez replacement for 3 transfer windows and still don’t look like we have a clue to who that may be. 

Worrying times.

Mahrez..will not be rep!aced.

His time has gone.

In the Next few PL games,I warn you all..Dont Start or even attempt to compare.

We will (hopefully) be seeing a total different concept and system,that will not involve,a Mahrez-type

Player,or Position needing his style.....

Puel will be dedicated and loyal to the New Generation,that converts and translates,to building up a totally

New Character and ethos for this New squad..

Also that will mean watching each player and seeing them Form a New perspective for their potential.

They will like Danny Ward,be starting From scratch,and taking on the "Puel way"...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You would think he is ear marked for the first team and if not what were the powers that be thinking?

I definitely feel that the club are looking to the future with this player. Very smart business if it works out as Pep has sent the price of goalies soaring and with Liverpool & Everton paying top dollar the price is only going up. I love the move as it has the potential of genius a year from now but I do understand it may fail. The race goes to the brave & Leicester have made a brave move. Good Job LCFC.!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've just looked on transfermarket.com at the top six reserve GK's and if Ward has signed to be reserve GK it means we've spent more on our reserve GK than those six put together.

I'm not including Liverpool or Man City as their reserve GK's were signed as first team players but found themselves down the pecking order.

The other four sides bought reserve GK's are:

Romero (Man Utd) Free

Callabero (Chelsea) Free

Vorm (Spurs) £5m

Ospina (Arsenal) £3.6m

I think I've vented enough about my displeasure in this transfer and this has all the hallmarks of the Benalouane transfer which never made sense on any level and that was before he'd kicked a ball for us. Anyway he's a Leicester player now and I hope I'm spectacularly wrong. 

Anything less than £5M is acceptable. I'm not sure if this was a panic buy or not but he has to be a competent back-up to Kasper at the very least.