Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's done well in the last 20 mins, really impressed me in a very difficult game.

Last 20 really showed his quality, cutting apart Birmingham as everyone tired. His skill and vision started to show there. Quite unlucky to come away without a goal or assist 

Third fewest touches in the first half with the top two being the two West Brom strikers. But he did get a good shot off.

He drew quite a few fouls, hit the post in the second half and almost bicycle kicked a goal in the last few minutes.

Still a bit lightweight, doesn't get stuck in and not obviously premier league standard but I reckon he must be amongst the top number 10s in Championship at 20 years old.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Only worry is he thrives this year to come up to us and be stuck as a bit part player. In a dream scenario we'd be a stable upper team and be able to loan him to a lower team for consistent game time 

If West Brom go up I wouldnt be surprised to see him go there on loan again.

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Wouldn't hurt at all, but would love to see him thrive here. Think of Chillwell and Barnes in the team. 2 Leicester academy lads in the premier league for their home team. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah would probably be the best move for both parties if this was the case. They’d more than likely throw £20M plus to sign him on a permanent, which we’d be silly to accept. But a loan would give the lad a chance to test himself fully in the PL whilst on our books.

4 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

We should get him back off loan and send them Gray instead. 

Barnes is clearly a better player. 

Gray has 2 years prem experience almost, Barnes has none. Right now pulling him out of WBA could do more harm than good to his progress.  Gray is having his first major run in the team, he's 22 and can only improve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Gray has 2 years prem experience almost, Barnes has none. Right now pulling him out of WBA could do more harm than good to his progress.  Gray is having his first major run in the team, he's 22 and can only improve

Well, unfortunately Gray is utter turd. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Gray played 35 Premier League matches last season, 17 of those as a starter.

Hardly his "first major run" in the team this time around.

Gray still has age on his side, but I do hope the emergence of Barnes puts some more pressure on the lad to work on his end product and decision-making. Because both are shambolic.