Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

lol. im going to sit back on this one and wait and see how well he does in PL before i rant about how right i was and get a hardon over my ego.

It's interesting because you jumped on a comment I made about Maddison, whom I wasn't criticizing but more saying he's our brightest spark and yet we weren't getting him the ball enough. He's come from the Championship and Barnes will end this season with similar goals and assists to Maddison but you're dismissing Barnes until he's proven himself in the PL? Now, caution is wise with any young players but you've taken a derogatory tone with Barnes because some fans are hyping him up and are proud we've a talent coming through.

You'd argue with a dead badger you would mate.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

loved that bit. haha, I love to argue I must admit but eh, it brings debate/entertainment who cares.

Comment made by you.

'Maddison, our shining light is spending large parts of the game unable to get the ball as we persist in fannying about with it and we've a penchent for going striker less'  - I felt a sense of sarcasm in your 'shining light quote tbh' due to the fact you are mostly  negative as a whole. if not well ok. fairpoint.

I didnt take a derogatory tone from excited fan comments (maybe a little) . I just felt that he needs to prove himself in the PL before getting overly excited about him. Im just being honest and ofcourse i want him to succeed and be proud like   Chilwell getting his England debut but we have gone through so many let down scenarios in football and i prefer to keep a 'prove me wrong' approach to it all.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

loved that bit. haha, I love to argue I must admit but eh, it brings debate/entertainment who cares.

Comment made by you.

'Maddison, our shining light is spending large parts of the game unable to get the ball as we persist in fannying about with it and we've a penchent for going striker less'  - I felt a sense of sarcasm in your 'shining light quote tbh' due to the fact you are mostly  negative as a whole. if not well ok. fairpoint.

I didnt take a derogatory tone from excited fan comments (maybe a little) . I just felt that he needs to prove himself in the PL before getting overly excited about him. Im just being honest and ofcourse i want him to succeed and be proud like   Chilwell getting his England debut but we have gone through so many let down scenarios in football and i prefer to keep a 'prove me wrong' approach to it all.

Fair play in your positivity, as the weeks gone on and the anger of Saturday subsides I can appreciate the future might not be as bleak as I've painted it. 3 points tomorrow and we'll be back on the right path.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’ll get recalled in January. Would love to see a 3-4-2-1 with Maddison and Barnes behind Vardy.

1712035_Leicester_City.jpg

That formation won’t happen anytime soon, but he will still get recalled. 

I like the idea. I would change Evans for Benkovic, if he does well in Scotland until New Year. 

The way we are going with youth, depending if we are in a safe position by new year, I would like to see this team progress. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's interesting because you jumped on a comment I made about Maddison, whom I wasn't criticizing but more saying he's our brightest spark and yet we weren't getting him the ball enough. He's come from the Championship and Barnes will end this season with similar goals and assists to Maddison but you're dismissing Barnes until he's proven himself in the PL? Now, caution is wise with any young players but you've taken a derogatory tone with Barnes because some fans are hyping him up and are proud we've a talent coming through.

We may have the same problem with Barnes.

Barnes is in a top Championship team. West Brom have problems but they can and do get the ball to their attack. And when they do Barnes is electric.

Were he in a team where he's starved of the ball he will look lazy and ineffective. It'll only be worthwhile recalling Barnes when we can both defend well and use the full backs to create plenty of chances.

Barnes, if he keeps progressing, will be a real talent but if we put him upfield and expect him to magic chances out of his arse the boo boys will be back in force. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We may have the same problem with Barnes.

Barnes is in a top Championship team. West Brom have problems but they can and do get the ball to their attack. And when they do Barnes is electric.

Were he in a team where he's starved of the ball he will look lazy and ineffective. It'll only be worthwhile recalling Barnes when we can both defend well and use the full backs to create plenty of chances.

Barnes, if he keeps progressing, will be a real talent but if we put him upfield and expect him to magic chances out of his arse the boo boys will be back in force. 

100%

I'm under no illusions that Barnes will come in to our team and be like hot cakes. We need to evolve as a team to get players like him and Maddison on the ball. Currently our full backs and centre halves have the majority of the ball, to get the number 10 in space requires causing the opposition to be stretched. We are allowing the opposition as it stands to set themselves and push us out wide and I'm hoping as Maddison grows in to the step up to this level that a better understanding is formed. I've little doubt that both of them will make it at this level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Not sure why it pisses me off so much but I'm upset at Puel making comments to the press about Barnes being recalled in January. I feel that his recall should be between Barnes, LCFC & W Brom only. The West Brom fans will be pissed and Barnes is under pressure from the local press about it.

I am not a Puel Out guy but i think this is poor form.

I didn't realise he had commented, but he's our manager. He chooses the team, he chooses who loaned out, he chooses who's recalled. If Pearson, Ranieri or Shakespeare had made the comment?

I fear Puel won't last because a large number of fans have decided long ago they don't like him and that won't change and everything else will be set aside. Minds are made up. Nothing else can or will ever matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I didn't realise he had commented, but he's our manager. He chooses the team, he chooses who loaned out, he chooses who's recalled. If Pearson, Ranieri or Shakespeare had made the comment?

I fear Puel won't last because a large number of fans have decided long ago they don't like him and that won't change and everything else will be set aside. Minds are made up. Nothing else can or will ever matter.

I understand that it his decision and that is not what concerns me, it is his comment to the press that could have an adverse affect on a young player.

Again I reiterate, I am not in the Puel Out club.

27 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I understand that it his decision and that is not what concerns me, it is his comment to the press that could have an adverse affect on a young player.

Again I reiterate, I am not in the Puel Out club.

I had that opinion but then I remember last season when he came in and Barnes was doing the business at Barnsley and we badly wanted to know what Puel's views were on him. So in some ways it's great to hear that Puel is keeping a close eye on him and that if he continues to do well then he'll have no hesitation to bring him back. The only negative to that is if Barnes comes back and isn't used which is a waste or if it annoys him that he's to be called back whilst he's on the cusp of a great season. This is man management and good managers know what's best, is that Puel? Who knows.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I had that opinion but then I remember last season when he came in and Barnes was doing the business at Barnsley and we badly wanted to know what Puel's views were on him. So in some ways it's great to hear that Puel is keeping a close eye on him and that if he continues to do well then he'll have no hesitation to bring him back. The only negative to that is if Barnes comes back and isn't used which is a waste or if it annoys him that he's to be called back whilst he's on the cusp of a great season. This is man management and good managers know what's best, is that Puel? Who knows.

If we aren’t having a great season then recalling him in January won’t  make us have a good season. If we are doing well then we don’t need him. As long as he continues to excel in a decent West Brom side then he should be left to see out the season there - he could easily get into the championship team of the season which would be great for both his profile and confidence. 

He'd play a couple of times for us and deemed "oh he doesn't look ready yet" just like he was last season. Let him see the season out at WBA, they'll finish top 6 so that in itself should be a good experience for him. I'm excited about his potential though.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

That joker got us relegated to Division 1 so forgive me if I don’t believe a single  word he says 

To be fair,that was the best thing that could have happened to us,since then we haven’t looked back.We wouldn’t have won the premier league if that didn’t happen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

To be fair,that was the best thing that could have happened to us,since then we haven’t looked back.We wouldn’t have won the premier league if that didn’t happen. 

So the debate on Claudio/Pearson with who won us the league, have got it wrong. It was actually Holloway genius that took us down that resulted in us wining the premier league. 

Ian Holloway deserves the statue !!!

Edited by Hugo Sanchez
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Getting relegated to Division 1 is the best thing that could have happened to us !!! I’m not sure about that . 

Always maintained he was good - thought he'd be having an impact for us this season if we hadn't signed Maddison. However, seems to have worked out perfectly for us and would love for him to complete his loan at West Brom and break into the England U21s!

Edited by lcfc sheff

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

That joker got us relegated to Division 1 so forgive me if I don’t believe a single  word he says 

He was not the reason we were relegated bald, he may have been the poor sod standing in the technical area but he was certainly not to blame !

eh? whats happened since as proved it! we were heading towards being a poor established championship side like Ipswich or Reading at that point in time!

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Getting relegated to Division 1 is the best thing that could have happened to us !!! I’m not sure about that . 

10 hours ago, mad biker said:

He was not the reason we were relegated bald, he may have been the poor sod standing in the technical area but he was certainly not to blame !

He certainly was not the sole reason as there was many mistakes being made previously and leading up to it , but he certainly contributed to the fact .Some of  the results and football under him would help prove that.