Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Gray played 35 Premier League matches last season, 17 of those as a starter.

Hardly his "first major run" in the team this time around.

Gray still has age on his side, but I do hope the emergence of Barnes puts some more pressure on the lad to work on his end product and decision-making. Because both are shambolic.

By major run, I mean more by his first continual run in the starting 11, with the last couple of years he's popped in and out of the starting 11. 

Surely Barnes would put more pressure on Maddison, given he mainly plays in the 10 position? I know he can also play out wide and hence put pressure on Gray, but has thrived as a 10 this year 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Already had a call up for the toulon tournament but withdrew and choudary took his place

In the last article posted here Barnes said the under 21 side was his next target. I'm assuming he doesn't count the Toulon tournament. And he's been called up to the Toulon tournament twice now.

P.s I don’t like pro footballers and the money they earn as much as the next man but I would say those four young men mentioned are doing pretty much what all young men with shit loads of money would do. Eat nandos and buy big black range rovers 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

As good as this is let's no forget this is the Championship

Maddison was great in the championship last season and is already looking good for us. The very best players in the championship should be able to make the step up and maddison was one of the best last year and barnes is looking like one of the best this year. Id prefer he had the full season at wba though unless we bring him back and put him straight in the team. Better for him to start every week in the championship than be on our bench 

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/175/Show/England-West-Bromwich-Albion

Whoscored top rated west brom player now. He's also about 10 kilos lighter than everyone else!

Keeping Barnes in a promoted Baggies team would be great for his development while we develop Maddison. But if he stays at the Baggies he'll stay as a number 10. We'll be developing a competitor for a young, established and very promising number 10 in Maddison. We'd ideally want him to become an inverted winger to play alongside Maddison not be subbed on for him.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Gray is head and shoulders above Barnes. As much as we want Barnes to be the player we are expecting, last season when involved in the first time Barnes did nothing, this season on loan in a regularly winning team will do him good and next season he will be ready. 

Bit harsh looking at the actual game time he had to say he did nothing What do you expect?! 

• Like 1

Demarai Gray and Harvey Barnes Championship stats comparison 

Gray 

51.38 -  90s Played

8 Goals

2 Assists

Barnes

22.91 - 90s Played

8 Goals

6 Assists 

Highlights

https://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/11501892/west-brom-4-2-bristol-city

The lad is superb

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

P.s I don’t like pro footballers and the money they earn as much as the next man but I would say those four young men mentioned are doing pretty much what all young men from the East Midlands with shit loads of money would do. Eat nandos and buy big black range rovers 

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Demarai Gray and Harvey Barnes Championship stats comparison 

Gray 

51.38 -  90s Played

8 Goals

2 Assists

Barnes

22.91 - 90s Played

8 Goals

6 Assists 

Very different teams though. I’m sure Gray’s stats would’ve been better in a team like West Broms

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Very different teams though. I’m sure Gray’s stats would’ve been better in a team like West Broms

Most of the minutes are from Barnsley who got relegated last year 

Highlights from last night scored a superb goal and some brilliant runs/assists.9.5/10 in Birmingham Mail.

I know this is Championship but surely we could find a place in our squad which has midfield overload and limited options up front.Can we bring him back in January?

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Bit harsh looking at the actual game time he had to say he did nothing What do you expect?! 

There’s a reason why one starts for us and the other is on loan. I’m glad Barnes is tearing it up, he needs this season.