Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

52 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Is it a season loan or can we recall him? Personally I think a promotion year in the championship for WBA and then into our team next season is the the obvious goal for both club and player

Can recall him within transfer windows. Earliest is 1st January.

34 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Bloody hell they love him don’t they! Sounds like we’ve got a real player on our hands

Criminal that we recalled him and stuck him in the U23s. Should have been recalled and sent to a higher Championship side last season. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brilliant for Harvey. 

How good is it that we had Demari Gray (22), James Maddison (21), Ben Chilwell (21) all on the pitch today with Barnes (20) destroying the championship and Hamza (20) waiting in the wings?

And then you have Ndidi (21), Ihenacho (21), Ricardo (24) in or around the team and impressing. Oh and we just signed two centre halves aged 21 and 22 with national team caps respectively. 

It’s actually insane if you think about it. This club is truly going places. 

Exciting times 

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Barnes as Albrighton’s replacement would do good things imo.

It sounds like Barnes best position is number 10, so i guess he will most likely be Shinji’s replacement as back up/competition for Maddison next season. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brilliant for Harvey. 

How good is it that we had Demari Gray (22), James Maddison (21), Ben Chilwell (21) all on the pitch today with Barnes (20) destroying the championship and Hamza (20) waiting in the wings?

And then you have Ndidi (21), Ihenacho (21), Ricardo (24) in or around the team and impressing. Oh and we just signed two centre halves aged 21 and 22 with national team caps respectively. 

It’s actually insane if you think about it. This club is truly going places. 

It's like we are playing football manager in real life. You can add Diabate to that list too. Couple more of our u23s look pretty legit as well. Probably still forgetting some. We really do have the potential at the club to take us to the next level in 2, 3, 4 years if we manage it well.

I can see him coming into the first team fold next season, potentially at the expense of Okazaki. I hope he continues to have a great season out on loan at WBA. No need to bring him back to play u/23s and the odd Carabao/FA Cup tie when he's in such a rich vein of form right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Barnes as Albrighton’s replacement would do good things imo.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

It sounds like Barnes best position is number 10, so i guess he will most likely be Shinji’s replacement as back up/competition for Maddison next season. 

From what I gather, he's a very versatile player. Can play in the middle, to the left and the right.

Not sure whether he'd want to be backup for Maddison in the CAM role. I'd rather want to see him on the wing, but wherever he fits best in the manager's system is fine by me.