Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

Barnes subbed surprising as he seemed the only one who looked dangerous. 

What a dirty player Ayala is should be off now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

Barnes subbed surprising as he seemed the only one who looked dangerous. 

What a dirty player Ayala is should be off now.

Barnes has taken a bit of stick tonight, i feel sorry for the guy. Seems very strange he was subbed off.

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Barnes has taken a bit of stick tonight, i feel sorry for the guy. Seems very strange he was subbed off.

I think he's been subbed off in every match so far seemingly regardless of form.

Puel tried him in the number 10 role a few times without success although he was hardly given much time.

Speaking to a mate last night who’s a season ticket holder at the Baggies and a huge admirer of Harvey Barnes was saying they’ve started calling Him the Leicester Messi down the Hawthorns, they love him he also recons that they will put a bid in end of the season for around £28m as they want to keep him saying he’s been one of the best young prospect they’ve had for a long time and says £28m won’t be enough !

17 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Speaking to a mate last night who’s a season ticket holder at the Baggies and a huge admirer of Harvey Barnes was saying they’ve started calling Him the Leicester Messi down the Hawthorns, they love him he also recons that they will put a bid in end of the season for around £28m as they want to keep him saying he’s been one of the best young prospect they’ve had for a long time and says £28m won’t be enough !

Good for them.   SLB

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Glad your mate isn’t our head scout

Hopefully he continues with this form when he returns to us, I know a couple of Baggies fans who say they would love him to stay, i think it’s great hearing what opposing fans have to say about our loanees.  :thumbup:

The future is looking great with the quality of the ‘young uns’ breaking through now.

Up the City.... :scarf:

Just now, NewquayFox said:

Hopefully he continues with this form when he returns to us, I know a couple of Baggies fans who say they would love him to stay, i think it’s great hearing what opposing fans have to say about our loanees.  :thumbup:

The future is looking great with the quality of the ‘young uns’ breaking through now.

Up the City.... :scarf:

Loan players often get it in the neck quickly if they're seen as not good enough by the home support. It's encouraging to hear that a lot of West Brom fans are really pleased to have him. Bodes well. 

• Like 1

I come into contact with a lot of WBA fans, they’re generally of the opinion he’s technically a very good player, albeit a bit lightweight, so will undoubtedly go missing in the rough and tumble games. 

They’d love to keep him, however most acknowledge he’ll most likely be pushing for a place with us next season. 

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Don’t be a d**k. He’s only reporting what his mate said. Why people are so irritatingly sarcastic on this forum I do not know

Agree very irritating that people come on here and call someone a d**k because they have an opinion on some reported 'hear-say'.  Ban them I say.

Birmingham Live:

"Barnes - 8

Stoke resorted to fouling him to stop him, not necessarily maliciously, more because they struggled to keep up with his speed of thought and deed. Came close to scoring a couple of times."

Reads well when instead of trying to stop you they just go for the foul to bring you down. More good experience for him and reads like he's certainly playing well

Edited by UniFox21

I watched the first half, was decent, much better now they've moved him to where the action is, nearly scored near the end of the half, they couldn't handle his pace. He's not obviously prem quality but he's certainly getting there.

2022 champions league winning side

Gray Madds Barnes

Hamza Ndidi Mendy

Chilwell Maguire Soyun Knight

Iversen

Seven of them leave to win the world cup for England. Vardy as striker coach and Kasper as goalkeeping coach. Kante manages the team via telepathy.