Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

https://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/england-championship/18-09-2018-west-bromwich-albion-4-2-bristol-city-championship.html

Highlights for those outside the U.K.  He looks a lot more powerful and quicker than before which is great to see. My only concern is that he’ll grow a man bun, seems to be rather too many in the WBA team...

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He's playing central attacking midfield now as part of a 3-4-1-2 system. 

I’d love to see this for us. Madders behind Nacho and Vards, who would he choose!? It’s exciting to think about. Also Ricardo and Chilly look more wing backs and it gives us more solidity in the middle. Only worry is teams doubling up out wide but I’m less scared of crosses coming in than the getting torn apart through the middle / channels (between CB and FB) that we were on Saturday. Closing down the middle and forcing teams to cross was part of our league winning strategy (part, not ALL)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He's playing central attacking midfield now as part of a 3-4-1-2 system. 

To accommodate both Maddison and Barnes in the 3-4-1-2, maybe Barnes could play alongside Vardy upfront, similar to the Alli / Kane partnership.. Alli is naturally a number 10 but plays more like a second striker. I think Barnes could do the same.

Then Maddison in behind. 

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Vardy

Maddison Barnes

Chilwell Mendy Ndidi Richardo

Soyuncu Benkovic Maguire

Kasper

Quite a Christmas tree, that. Add in Hamza and it's a development squad wet dream.

Love this formation too. 

https://readwestbrom.com/2018/09/19/how-well-do-you-know-harvey-barnes/

West Brom signed Harvey Barnes on a season-long loan from Premier League side Leicester in the summer.

Barnes has had a flying start to his West Brom career, with goals and assists coming week by week in the Championship for the winger.

The talented forward is going from strength to strength and he’s been impressing the fans at The Hawthorns, but how well do you know him? Take our quiz down below and find out…

21 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Pretty sure the big boys will be monitoring his progess if he continues this form. 

Good chance he might not be at West Brom or Leicester next season.

He signed a four year deal in the summer.

I'd like to hear a scenario that we sell him to a top six club. He has no PL experience and big clubs typically don't spend huge money on players with no top flight experience. He'll almost certainly be back here next season if he continues to do well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'd like to hear a scenario that we sell him to a top six club. He has no PL experience and big clubs typically don't spend huge money on players with no top flight experience. He'll almost certainly be back here next season if he continues to do well.

We bought Maddison :cool:

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Liverpool tried to sign Chilwell.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Liverpool tried to sign Chilwell.

For relative buttons, £8m wasn't it? They don't mind buying young talent for reasonable money.

If he has a Maddison like season in the Championship then I can't see there being a price that a top six club would pay and we would accept.

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Think the big boys would spend big bucks if continues as he is.

You are right though … they don't tend to dip into the lower leagues very much.

The most notable recent buy is Deli Alli .. but don't think Spurs paid much for him.

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He has CL experience!

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I dont understand the big rave about barnes. Playing well  at championship level... wow impressive, lets wait until hes premiership proven before getting your d**** wet.

That's where quality scouting comes in. It takes smarts to pick out real talent when playing in the lower leagues.  I also believe that the Championship can be a gold mine !!

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You mention Barnes, i raise you and name Maddison

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahahahaaaaaa

lol. im going to sit back on this one and wait and see how well he does in PL before i rant about how right i was and get a hardon over my ego.