Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well, he didn’t have to jump

Certain degree of hindsight there I think. When I’m playing footy I tend to do one of those weird jumps when I’m trying to block a shot, it’s natural to try and just get in front of the man. 

Maybe that’s where I went wrong. If I cut that out I’d be pro by now. 

I hate incidents like this because it's one of those where technically he does touch his shirt so technically it is a penalty but it's still a ****ing dive. 

There's no way on God's good earth it actually causes him to go down. Everyone watching that knows it's a dive, the Porto player feels the slightest touch and jumps on the floor. 

I really wish FIFA would do something about simulation where there's technically contact. 

Edit: for the record, within the current rules I know that is a foul and a pen. I know the ref has to give it. But the rules should enable to rightly call that a dive. Which it is. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

"I think that's accidental" surely that doesn't matter? If you trip someone you trip someone. 

I don't think that was a pen BTW I appreciate I sound like a salty Roma fan, I'm not, just think that's bizarre commentary. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Gotta love Ole and his honesty in that interview. What a great job he's done and seems like a genuinely nice fella too. Hope he gets the gig full time.

Reminiscent of when they beat Munich he is doing a great job they could end up winning it

2 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Switched the United game on at 70 minutes when I got home and lumped money on them to qualify lol

Intense finish to the Porto game as well.

Why have United become so jammy again?

They always had quality but not the belief, I think Solskjaer is restoring it with fergie directing him in the background

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They always had quality but not the belief, I think Solskjaer is restoring it with fergie directing him in the background

For sure, they've got quality players and have spent huge amounts - although quite a few big names were missing tonight.

I thought it was interesting when Lukaku said that their training now involves a lot more mini games (5v5/8v8 etc) and they certainly play with more intensity. I think having confidence is a huge part of that and Solskjaer has definitely brought some mojo back. The tactical changes have also worked as well but I think the biggest difference is the change in attitude. I wouldn't mind seeing such a rebirth at Leicester under Brendan!

I always remember Fergie's Man U scraping through a lot of games and getting the rub of the green just when they needed it. Lady luck seems to be with them once more which contrasts harshly with the time towards the end of Mourinho's tenure. I find it strange how a team can possess two such wildly different personas with the same playing squad within a single season.