Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

That's something I understand, but if there weren't any english team?

Then I'm not really arsed. Suppose I'd rather an underdog like Ajax, Roma or Porto win it than one of the favorites.

• Like 1

Genuinely don’t know what a player is supposed to do anymore when jumping to block a shot. That is never a penalty in a million and one years and if you’re saying it is you need to have a long look in the mirror and have a word with yourself. 

7 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

He lives in Devon, hence United is his home-town club

Lol.

I'm no Man Utd fan but must admit the night they came back to beat Bayern to win it in '99 was awesome and I wouldn't mind them winning it again

I think the thing that swayed the referees decision was that he was watching the ball when it was struck, there's a split second, and then he turns, so he knew where the ball was going, regardless of wether his back was to it

I can see why it was given tbh, if he was facing forward it would have been a nailed on penalty, and he was until the last possible millisecond

Edited by MrSpaM

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Genuinely don’t know what a player is supposed to do anymore when jumping to block a shot. That is never a penalty in a million and one years and if you’re saying it is you need to have a long look in the mirror and have a word with yourself. 

I think what swayed it was the defender was watching the ball till the last second so he kinda knew he was blocking the shot with his arm

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Owen Hargreaves suggested that "they should get football people on the panel". 

What's a referee, then? A rugby person? 

:blink:

judging by most the decisions we see every week most refs don’t have enough of a fu cking brain to even register as a person at all 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I think what swayed it was the defender was watching the ball till the last second so he kinda knew he was blocking the shot with his arm

Yes I think you’re probably right. But apart from jump, literally with his hands bolted to his side, there’s nothing else he can do there. 

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

PSG are frauds, United are down to the barebones and threw it away. Absolutely no resolve in that side

They don’t have the pedigree to be a top European side for me. Far too manufactured. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 1

Not a fan of United but even I was pleased to see them progress, decent bottle from Rashford.

Personaly don't think it should be a penalty, but after they gave it against Otamendi they've at least been consistent.

Also Neymar's attire made it even sweeter. 

Edited by Zear0

1 minute ago, Manini said:

They don’t have the pedigree to be a top European side for me. Far too manufactured. 

Come off it, if they went and signed Messi and Ronaldo they would win the champions league.

Their current side are absolute bottlejobs, no doubt about it.

Edited by Costock_Fox

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

I agree but that has no bearing on the pitch, this group of players can't hack the slightest bit of pressure - at least chucking a 5-0 aggregate lead at Barca is against one of the best sides in European history. This was a United side with 10 players out and 2 teenagers on the pitch

Real are proper ****ed, can see them going daft to try and bring Neymar in and I reckon he'd go

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Come off it, if they went and signed Messi and Ronaldo they would win the champions league.

Their current side are absolute bottlejobs, no doubt about it.

That’s like saying if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle. 

They havent so they won’t. I think if we signed Messi and Ronaldo we’d probably win the champions league lol 

Just now, Manini said:

That’s like saying if your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle. 

They havent so they won’t. I think if we signed Messi and Ronaldo we’d probably win the champions league lol 

Have you ever seen our back 5? ? My point is they have the money to do it.