Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Guest MattP
Just now, Izzy said:

Without wanting to put a downer on things, there could be proper trouble with Ajax coming over here for a CL semi.

Ajax v Spurs will be a lovely yiddish love in.

Manchester could be absolute carnage. 

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

Without wanting to put a downer on things, there could be proper trouble with Ajax coming over here for a CL semi.

They played in Manchester twice in 2012 - around 15-20 arrests on each occasion. That said at Juve and Madrid, they had thousands in the home ends. With the ease of travelling to Manchester, could see thousands make it over. 

11 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

actually think they've got a good chance against Man City, think Spurs are the tougher draw for them

Agreed, the way they spring from defence to attack is what Pep hates. See how Vardy does really well against them. 

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Am I seeing things or are there ADO Den Haag fans in the Juve end? 

Yeah they have an alliance with Juve - Ajax fans in the past twice trashed a Den Haag bar/supporters club. 

I think Man City will go through winning by more than one but oddly I think that'd be better for Ajax. 

Against domestic opponents City are immense but they've got this weird mental block against European sides and they panic in the CL. 

Coupled with Ajax' gung ho attacking outlook against their ever so slightly meh defence I think they're probably worse equipped than Tottenham. Spurs are great flat track bullies, they've got a solid back four and they won't be particularly fussed by Ajax. 

11 hours ago, ealingfox said:

How annoying is Peter Drury ffs? I can barely stand listening to his commentary any more.

On the big moments, he sounds so rehearsed for a quotable line. Almost as if he has about 10 lined up pre match depending on the setting.

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think Man City will go through winning by more than one but oddly I think that'd be better for Ajax. 

Against domestic opponents City are immense but they've got this weird mental block against European sides and they panic in the CL. 

Coupled with Ajax' gung ho attacking outlook against their ever so slightly meh defence I think they're probably worse equipped than Tottenham. Spurs are great flat track bullies, they've got a solid back four and they won't be particularly fussed by Ajax. 

man city v ajax could be very similar to man city v monaco the other year, huge favourites but monaco just turned up and had fun and carried on scoring goals. ajax could do similar. 

really hope they win tonight tho

• Like 1