Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

Puel will give youths chances and uts up to them to take it. I think Gray unfortunately is living on borrowed time. Diabate still has the time leverage. Puel gave Hamza his debut. I think 3 or 4 of the academy boys (Johnson, Elder rtc) will get some game time as the season progresses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

You could see him in the stadium. He picked up a knock and is not playing as a precaution. Not sure about Musa - I highly doubt we're selling him.

Word is that Musa is leaving and the deal should be done by the weekend. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Word is that Musa is leaving and the deal should be done by the weekend. 

That's potential good news. 

I have no ill feeling towards Musa at all but I just can't see it working out for him here, even as a throw on option from the bench.

It will be better for both parties if he finds a club. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Puel will give youths chances and uts up to them to take it. I think Gray unfortunately is living on borrowed time. Diabate still has the time leverage. Puel gave Hamza his debut. I think 3 or 4 of the academy boys (Johnson, Elder rtc) will get some game time as the season progresses.

gray is the same age, maybe a year or two older than most of the “academy lads” and is much more advanced than most of them. 

4 hours ago, Lee Monty said:

those two i expected to leave but with Gray finally out of Riyads shadow id have thought he'd have this season to prove he is good enough to step up

I totally agree with you regarding Gray. I guess he has to show it in training, impress Puel and keep himself in the team for an extended run. He'll be inconsistent, those types of players almost always are, but I'd like to see him given the chance with an extended run and hope he can grab the opportunity. No one is worth persevering with endlessly if you don't get enough out of them but I don't think Gray's out of time with us by any means.

It's down to him, a position is up for grabs.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

Pretty fair IMO. It's hard to say why Gray is not reaching the required level and unable to kick on up until now - although most people have an opinion. My own opinion is that he is too selfish both as a person and in his playing style to gel effectively within a team unit and this needs to change for him to nail down a starting place. Also, he rates himself very highly and considers he is a star, rightly or wrongly - when appreciation of his weaknesses would help him to improve his game.

Puel is giving him a chance to play himself into our team permanently. If we're still in the same place at the end of this season where he has untapped 'potential' then I expect him to be moved on, and rightfully so.

• Like 1

This suns up Gray's time here.

If we look at his total shots of 34 and 27 (19 and 21 for Albrighton) you can see he wants to make that impact. However, perhaps not in the right way. A total of 61 shots with 3 goals produced tells a story, especially when you delve into it deeper. 40 of those shots have come from outside the penalty area.

In these cameo appearances, is he trying too hard to make an impact? Is he therefore making the wrong decisions in trying to make an impact? I think he is. He is young and trying to show he deserves that opportunity to start regularly.

This season he probably will start more games and maybe the penny will drop and he will perform nore consistently. At Old Trafford he released the ball a lot quicker and he tracked back. This could be his season.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2018 at 12:06, Max Wall said:

I totally agree with you regarding Gray. I guess he has to show it in training, impress Puel and keep himself in the team for an extended run. He'll be inconsistent, those types of players almost always are, but I'd like to see him given the chance with an extended run and hope he can grab the opportunity. No one is worth persevering with endlessly if you don't get enough out of them but I don't think Gray's out of time with us by any means.

It's down to him, a position is up for grabs.

I believe Puel will be giving Gray time and a run in the side.

we has came should,support and give him space,and show some patience.He will be seeing more of the ball,and playing on both flanks.

don't compare him with Riyad..He's going to find his own level and role at Leicester. Wouldn't surprise me that he and Diabate,will do position

rotation,with Albrighton coming off the bench,more than starting games,unless we take a few injuries.

So many probables,an exciting first few months ahead,to see how the squad ,not just the selected teams starts to develop and takes shape.

A new era is upon us....with Vardy  as the talisman..

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

They are just Premier League stats. 

Scored vs Everton, Burnley, Newcastle? Was the Everyone goal given as an OG? Assists Liverpool at home and Brighton away for Vardy's goals, I'm sure there were others but assists can be a grey area excuse the pun.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Scored vs Everton, Burnley, Newcastle? Was the Everyone goal given as an OG? Assists Liverpool at home and Brighton away for Vardy's goals, I'm sure there were others but assists can be a grey area excuse the pun.

I don't think they count the Liverpool assist because it was a parried shot rather than a ball to Vardy, and Everton was given as an own goal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You may be right. The stats were taken from squawka. Even so, he has under performed in those area's 

Gray plays better when he's direct.  When he has to pick out a pass, he takes so long,  the attacking opportunity goes or he picks the wrong pass.  I don't see him as a playmaker just as a pacy  winger whose job is to be direct and run at the opposition. 

• Like 1