Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

He is a confidence player.

Looked like a different person for 10 minutes after his goal.  Full of confidence (but then ran out of steam).  If he bags a few on the trot, or assists in consecutive games, we'll start seeing him shine.  Same with Madders.  There will be a game this season (probably at home v some relegation fodder in March) when both are on fire and unplayable.

• Like 1

Just now, LinekersApples said:

He is a confidence player.

Looked like a different person for 10 minutes after his goal.  Full of confidence (but then ran out of steam).  If he bags a few on the trot, or assists in consecutive games, we'll start seeing him shine.  Same with Madders.  There will be a game this season (probably at home v some relegation fodder in March) when both are on fire and unplayable.

I think we could say that about the team in general, we get a goal and we look a completely different team attacking wise

• Like 2

I preferred him upfront than nacho when nacho was subbed... he looked a lot more busier and moved off the ball well. He just missed that header when Ghezzal knocked in a floated reverse ball and the Southampton defender almost scored an og.

Could do a job up top if required

• Like 3

People expect too much from him. It's just that. 

Some players just have the benefit of the doubt on this forum (granted, they've earned some of it). 

many people here have this weird love for work-rate. An attacking player doesn't have to plaugh the pitch. 

Not naming players here but there definitely is an agenda going on. Some players can do no wrong and others or always the problem. 

If the most talented player on the history of the club never escaped criticism, then Gray never will. Some people just dislike him. 

Tbf, I've never been a fan of his mostly do to him not improving on his intangibles (decision making, reading the game... Etc) but I see potential here. I think he have changed a bit from last year. 

I thought people would change after seeing how good a talented, albeit a moody winger can be for a team trying to break to the top 7, but here we are:dunno:

A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble with no imperfections. 

• Like 3

Gray's problem is nothing to do with his feet. In terms of technical ability, athleticism and flair/skill he could be an incredible player. His problem is what's in between his ears.

It showed when he was asked to play up front in a position that requires far more nous than out on the wing - he didn't really have a clue what he was meant to be doing.

My only complaint with Gray is that he doesn’t run behind defenders. There was a moment towards the end of the first half against Southampton where Chilwell stole the ball, the RB was out of position so there was acres of space to run into and Gray wanted the ball to feet instead of in front. If he can get better at running in behind then he will be so much more dangerous.

Besides that though great start to the season with high work rate not just going towards but also tracking back to help defend. Think LW is his to lose now.

He has undoubtedly got the talent and physical attributes to go very far in the game. Now Mahrez has gone our primary winger place is up for grabs and I hope he takes it. With his mates Maddison as No10 pulling the string and Chilwell bombing past him and creating space for him the conditions are right for him to flourish here this season. 

• Like 1

.... he needs to take a look at Vardy's video regarding his lack of confidence!

He believes he has made it already. He appears to be lacking the attribute of self reflection.

Go into training, watch Saturday's game and see what options were available and why you chose the ones that you did. Put in the hours on your own and work on the weaknesses, you shouldn't have to have people telling you what you need to do, this is work and you are a professional, do yourself a favour and speak to Vardy. 

I know we are not all the same but if he needs to move forward, Vardy's experience is the one thing that will move him on and  on a road to maturity!! 

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He believes he has made it already. He appears to be lacking the attribute of self reflection.

Go into training, watch Saturday's game and see what options were available and why you chose the ones that you did. Put in the hours on your own and work on the weaknesses, you shouldn't have to have people telling you what you need to do, this is work and you are a professional, do yourself a favour and speak to Vardy. 

I know we are not all the same but if he needs to move forward, Vardy's experience is the one thing that will move him on and  on a road to maturity!! 

Just out of interest, how do you know this?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

My only complaint with Gray is that he doesn’t run behind defenders. There was a moment towards the end of the first half against Southampton where Chilwell stole the ball, the RB was out of position so there was acres of space to run into and Gray wanted the ball to feet instead of in front. If he can get better at running in behind then he will be so much more dangerous.

Besides that though great start to the season with high work rate not just going towards but also tracking back to help defend. Think LW is his to lose now.

Twice he ran behind the defence but Madisson ball hugged. Once it let to Hojbjerg beibg booked and the second time Gray ran through for a one on one but Madisson over hit his pass completely.

I think Gray actually understands the game better than Madisson.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2018 at 14:05, sacreblueits442 said:

he literally has made it already. he’s 21 (?) and he’s been a premier league champion and england u21 captain. wish i was as unsuccessful as him. 

On 27/08/2018 at 14:56, Nickfosse said:

Just out of interest, how do you know this?

He has said publicly last year that this club has held him back.  His words.  Some cryptic social media messages when he hasn't been selected.  

He seems to think that he has made it and should be playing every week.  CS has told him in the past to respect his team mates in that regard.

Personally, I'm not impressed with any of that crap, but with Mahrez gone, he now has the chance to stake his claim and become the player he thinks he already is and to grow up a bit.  He impressed me at Old Trafford and I hope this season he makes the breakthrough.

Edited by murphy

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

He has said publicly last year that this club has held him back.  His words.  Some cryptic social media messages when he hasn't been selected.  

He seems to think that he has made it and should be playing every week.  CS has told him in the past to respect his team mates in that regard.

Personally, I'm not impressed with any of that crap, but with Mahrez gone, he now has the chance to stake his claim and become the player he thinks he already is and to grow up a bit.  He impressed me at Old Trafford and I hope this season he makes the breakthrough.

the club have held him back, times when we needed more creativity he was left out, he'd get a small run of games do well at the first hint of not playing well dropped instantly, like it or not the club have held Gray's development back

I noticed he releases the ball a lot quicker now. He finds good space to pass into like the chance he created for Pereira. Excellent ball that was. 

He also looked decent as a false 9. 

Gray is a lot more intelligent than he gets credit for. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

I noticed he releases the ball a lot quicker now. He finds good space to pass into like the chance he created for Pereira. Excellent ball that was. 

He also looked decent as a false 9. 

Gray is a lot more intelligent than he gets credit for. 

He basically got 2 years of stick because his face looks mardy to some people.  :)

• Like 1

He's been a different player these first three games. There's been far less wasteful shooting and the little bromance trio of him, Maddison and Chilwell work well together. 

Puel having confidence in him/knowing he's going to start most games now has clearly made a difference. I dunno whether it's just because he knows he doesn't have to score a worldie every game to stay in the team or what.

He's bailed us out a few times as the quickest player getting back too which should placate the work rate crowd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

the club have held him back, times when we needed more creativity he was left out, he'd get a small run of games do well at the first hint of not playing well dropped instantly, like it or not the club have held Gray's development back

I disagree with you here.  He has to earn his place like everybody else and Gray just hasn't shown enough and can't expect to walk into the team unless on merit.  He has had numerous chances, over 100 appearances.

We have a vacancy now and he has the opportunity to take it.  I hope he does and I know we've only had 3 games but he looks a little improved to me.

Edited by murphy

Gray is the prime example,of a good player,potential top player,being hounded by OTT analysing from fans in modern day football...

He deserves his place this season,he and Chills,are going through the last stage of an hard PL  apprenticeship.

We expect too much,from both,though they deliver. They have off days,make mistakes,but so do the very best.

This season,is the full start of the journey,which hopefully will see them play for many years behind the foxes badge...

In the past ,we didn't ask too many questions on every individual player,these are growing to obvious stalwart fixtures in the

1st 15 ,if not 11 of our team.Our squad is what it is....The most talented,which they are...play.!.basta!!! Their form will go up

down,but  like Albrighton ,Vardy,Maguire.  and maybe Maddison,they are rightly at Puels forefront of the top 14 players...

Just accept it and get on supporting them wholey this season.  If they really start to blow it by all means have a dig..

but stop getting on their cases,every week,every minute,every touch of the ball...It proves nothing..

Neither does the odd great game,but isn't that the reason we support,to grasp that blink of the eye magic...that great Gray

Goal from last week,...the ya...but...until then !!!  Doesn't exist in my book.It's waiting for "those" highs.

Jesus Even in Vardys's great moments in a game he had crap moments,and periods...like Izzet,like Weller and Worthington,before them!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1