Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

25 minutes ago, murphy said:

I disagree with you here.  He has to earn his place like everybody else and Gray just hasn't shown enough and can't expect to walk into the team unless on merit.  He has had numerous chances, over 100 appearances.

We have a vacancy now and he has the opportunity to take it.  I hope he does and I know we've only had 3 games but he looks a little improved to me.

which would be fine if other players were treated the same way but others were allowed game after game after game of playing shite and never lost their place Gray would have a bad half and be dropped

49 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Gray is the prime example,of a good player,potential top player,being hounded by OTT analysing from fans in modern day football...

He deserves his place this season,he and Chills,are going through the last stage of an hard PL  apprenticeship.

We expect too much,from both,though they deliver. They have off days,make mistakes,but so do the very best.

This season,is the full start of the journey,which hopefully will see them play for many years behind the foxes badge...

In the past ,we didn't ask too many questions on every individual player,these are growing to obvious stalwart fixtures in the

1st 15 ,if not 11 of our team.Our squad is what it is....The most talented,which they are...play.!.basta!!! Their form will go up

down,but  like Albrighton ,Vardy,Maguire.  and maybe Maddison,they are rightly at Puels forefront of the top 14 players...

Just accept it and get on supporting them wholey this season.  If they really start to blow it by all means have a dig..

but stop getting on their cases,every week,every minute,every touch of the ball...It proves nothing..

Neither does the odd great game,but isn't that the reason we support,to grasp that blink of the eye magic...that great Gray

Goal from last week,...the ya...but...until then !!!  Doesn't exist in my book.It's waiting for "those" highs.

Jesus Even in Vardys's great moments in a game he had crap moments,and periods...like Izzet,like Weller and Worthington,before them!!!

....looks like you are using Microsoft word and copy and pasting with spellchecker thrown in!!!.

So much more easier to read and a lot more comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...

Still struggling to see what this kid brings to the party.

Not even sure he is a winger as is distribution is generally poor.

His goal scoring record is 8 goals in 72 appearances for Birmingham 

and 5 goals in 81 appearances for us … so does not look a natural finisher.

Ok he is only 22 and there are moments of genuine quality but I find him

such a frustrating player that lacks real football intelligence.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan, but even i can accept he isn't taking this chance of first team football with both hands. 

This was meant to be his season! Mahrez gone. A regular starting spot for him and a manager that will back him. 

Granted, he isn't playing badly, but he just isn't doing enough either. 

5 games in. Not a lot to judge him on so far, but he has to improve over the next handful of games and have some stand out performances, to warrant a place ahead of Albrighton.

He's still young but as with Puel, we need to see clear signs of progression to warrant giving him more time.

20 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

I'm not even sure whether Gray has ever been good enough to claim that he flatters to deceive. 

Given a choice between Albrighton and Gray, would we not all pick Albrighton?

Every time. When was the last time Gray had a big influence in two consecutive games?  If ever?  He isn’t worthy of his starting spot other than because he’s a “promising young player”

Puel dropped Albrighton for Gray when he first took over last season. Think that lasted about 5 games, after which Albrighton was promptly restored to the starting lineup.

Puel's done the exact same thing to start off this season, just waiting to see how long it takes for him to start Albrighton again.

He's frustratingly very hit-and-miss.

There's certainly potential in him, but am unsure whether his final decision-making attributes will even improve consistently to make him a more 'complete' player and achieve more success both individually and at the club whether he'll be playing down the line in the future.

His best attribute is winning the ball back. Just a shame the only reason that attribute is showcased so often is down to his losing the ball.

Genuinely believe he'd be a decent ball winner.

Certainly better at that than as a winger. Can't cross, runs down blind alleys.

Certainly better at that than as a striker. Not a finisher, not good in the air, not quick enough to scare defences.

Starting with him just puts us at a disadvantage. Too easy to defend against and one less thing to worry about for the opposition. 

Every time he is named as a starter my excitement for the fixture fades.

When we do win it is in spite of him starting, not because of.

I don't remember a player I have rated less since we've been in the Premier League.

Simultaneously he's one of the most arrogant people in the game (not my words). That and the fact he's useless mean I want him gone.

Nevermind Puel out, get Gray out. Sick of effectively starting games with 10 men.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

His best attribute is winning the ball back. Just a shame the only reason that attribute is showcased so often is down to his losing the ball.

Genuinely believe he'd be a decent ball winner.

Certainly better at that than as a winger. Can't cross, runs down blind alleys.

Certainly better at that than as a striker. Not a finisher, not good in the air, not quick enough to scare defences.

Starting with him just puts us at a disadvantage. Too easy to defend against and one less thing to worry about for the opposition. 

Every time he is named as a starter my excitement for the fixture fades.

When we do win it is in spite of him starting, not because of.

I don't remember a player I have rated less since we've been in the Premier League.

Simultaneously he's one of the most arrogant people in the game (not my words). That and the fact he's useless mean I want him gone.

Nevermind Puel out, get Gray out. Sick of effectively starting games with 10 men.

Who's words out of interest?

Just now, foxile5 said:

His own, usually. Remember when we were holding him back by providing him with the opportunity to play in the Champions League. 

Nah not buying this attitude thing that people spout on here. 

So he wants to play more. Big deal. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't bothered about that.

You could go through all his social media posts and I bet you 99% are positive and talking about working hard and fighting for the team etc or 'learning from the master' aka Mahrez. (direct quote).

Judge him on his performances by all means but don't join the bandwagon of people suggesting he has an attitude problem. He's just a young, confident player who wants to be playing each week. Nowt wrong with that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

If I'm not mistaken Nod.E is friends with someone (?) who has dealt with Gray in a professional capacity so I wouldn't dismiss it off the bat as hot air. 

Yeah ...The next door neighbour's daughter is dickin  a guy who knows his brothers girlfriend !! ....BS !!

Can the lad play football ??

Does he believe in himself ??

Is he ambitious ??

Yes, Yes And Yes

Great 

Let what he does on the pitch determine what he brings.

Everything else is grade A bullshit

18 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Yeah ...The next door neighbour's daughter is dickin  a guy who knows his brothers girlfriend !! ....BS !!

Can the lad play football ??

Does he believe in himself ??

Is he ambitious ??

Yes, Yes And Yes

Great 

Let what he does on the pitch determine what he brings.

Everything else is grade A bullshit

I was willing to give him more credit than that ?

• Haha 1

Does not bring anything and slows game to much.every time he gets ball he stops and starts thinking what to do next.

cant shoot,has not enough technique,weak and etc

I am hearing  "he has potential" for a long time already,to be honest i have repeated this line myself,not sure why

This makes me sad but Albrighton for him on left side is the option

Edited by tsintskaro