Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I think the fact that he's played so many games at such a young age and captained the England U21 side and is now on the brink of the full squad shows you how much the average fans knows who finds it easier just to write him off.

He's done almost nothing at Premier league level. He's one of those players massively overrated by opposition fans because they've seen him destroy a Championship / League One team, or some dross in the under 21's. He's got to start showing that ability at a higher level for people not to start writing enough. At the moment, he's just not offering a bit enough threat.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's done almost nothing at Premier league level. He's one of those players massively overrated by opposition fans because they've seen him destroy a Championship / League One team, or some dross in the under 21's. He's got to start showing that ability at a higher level for people not to start writing enough. At the moment, he's just not offering a bit enough threat.

This is Exactly my point! Do we listen to experts in the game who work with  him on a weekly basis or an average fan who writes him off. Some City fans really do have the brain of a Dinosaur.

The boys on the verge of the England squad yet he's done nothing! SMH! 

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Nothing? 

Are you sure? 

7 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

This is Exactly my point! Do we listen to experts in the game who work with  him on a weekly basis or an average fan who writes him off. Some City fans really do have the brain of a Dinosaur.

I think there is no doubting the boy's ability, but whether he can product end product on a regular basis is another thing.

I don't think the continual changing on managers has helped his development. Unfortunately due to the nature of the squad, there a lot of pressure on him, and Maddison to be the creative play makers.

Edited by coolhandfox

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He's not on the verge of the England squad based on premier league performances though is he. He is there on the basis of looking good in the U21's and  little more. 

Albrighton has done far more to deserve a call up in the past but doesn't have the hype around him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Nothing? 

Are you sure? 

"Almost nothing" 5 goals and 5 assists since he signed in 15/16. Not exactly a great return is it. If that's enough to earn an England call up then god help us internationally.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's not on the verge of the England squad based on premier league performances though is he. He is there on the basis of looking good in the U21's and  little more. 

Albrighton has done far more to deserve a call up in the past but doesn't have the hype around him.

This.

12 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Who's words out of interest?

Its a small the LCFC village. I was told he was a diva, shouldn't imagine he's alone, but wouldn't say who by. Same person also said he (Gray) was the top performer in training pre season.

Tommy English used to be outstanding in training, doesn't always transfer when it matters

10 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Does not bring anything and slows game to much.every time he gets ball he stops and starts thinking what to do next.

cant shoot,has not enough technique,weak and etc

I am hearing  "he has potential" for a long time already,to be honest i have repeated this line myself,not sure why

This makes me sad but Albrighton for him on left side is the option

That'll be why Puel picks him

24 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

That'll be why Puel picks him

He's picking him because he has the raw talent and wants to progress it... but eventually the player needs to step up when given a good run to show themselves capable and repay that faith. No doubt he's got something.

6 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Gray's call up to the England senior team on present form is on the Carlton Palmer level of undeserved.

Well maybe not that bad … because Carlton really was that bad.

Come on Gray prove all of us doubters wrong.

to do so he needs to embark on training to move him forward -  his decision making...the option to cross with his left foot.... his upper body strength -  yet I don't see him improving these things.  C'mon Gray - you only have say 12 seasons left are you going to wast your work to date by failing to push on?

23 hours ago, Babylon said:

"Almost nothing" 5 goals and 5 assists since he signed in 15/16. Not exactly a great return is it. If that's enough to earn an England call up then god help us internationally.

Yeah almost nothing, somehow he's somewhere close when compared to our best player

And he's still 22 btwScreenshot_2018-09-18-17-24-23-074.thumb.jpeg.32e05fac009c8277f6bc7137367f686b.jpeg

Let's start selling those promising hot prospects from now on. They are almost nothing 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Yeah almost nothing, somehow he's somewhere close when compared to our best player

And he's still 22 btwScreenshot_2018-09-18-17-24-23-074.thumb.jpeg.32e05fac009c8277f6bc7137367f686b.jpeg

Let's start selling those promising hot prospects from now on. They are almost nothing 

You think he's close to Mahrez ha ha ha ha ha.

Edited by Babylon

I think he would have benefitted from going out on loan the first season we signed him. Coming to us off the back of a brilliant season for Birmingham to then not be involved much for the best part of two seasons won't have done him any good. Despite that, I'm still not overly impressed so far, and like others have said, I think he really needs to prove himself in the next couple of games and show why he deserves to be in the starting 11. 

47 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

I'm saying he's not anywhere near almost nothing, and did offer some potential. Look at that stats. He's not bad at all when compared to our best player 

I've looked at the stats, 5 goals and 5 assists since he signed. It's not good enough, his performances aren't good enough and he needs to offer far more.

7 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

To be honest that just shows how data in this sport is so different to others - Gray is offering nothing at the minute and he is nowhere near the level of threat Mahrez carried.

Same as these daft buggers that keep bringing up stuff to try and show us Mendy and Ndidi are both better than Kante.

Football isn't like baseball or basketball. Far too many multivariants.

Edited by MattP