Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

6 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Gray plays better when he's direct.  When he has to pick out a pass, he takes so long,  the attacking opportunity goes or he picks the wrong pass.  I don't see him as a playmaker just as a pacy  winger whose job is to be direct and run at the opposition. 

He has the pace and ability to terrify fullbacks, just look how Darmian coped with Chilly and him on friday 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He has the pace and ability to terrify fullbacks, just look how Darmian coped with Chilly and him on friday 

Exactly my point. Some think he's the successor to Riyadh. No chance, he's  not got the football brain or passing ability. What he has got is pace and he should use that and be direct. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Exactly my point. Some think he's the successor to Riyadh. No chance, he's  not got the football brain or passing ability. What he has got is pace and he should use that and be direct. 

Agreed, he is great at being direct, getting a shot or cross off, but when he slows it down and tries almost too hard. 

9 hours ago, sm1 said:

Gray plays better when he's direct.  When he has to pick out a pass, he takes so long,  the attacking opportunity goes or he picks the wrong pass.  I don't see him as a playmaker just as a pacy  winger whose job is to be direct and run at the opposition. 

Then we shouldn’t have sold Lloyd Dyer!

I would say to some of you,stop looking at attributes and assets,you believe Gray should have,because of comparisons,and let's see

The actual game Demari Gray himself can deliver now this season,it's his time to crow.....but don't analyse every fking moment...

Give him space...he's just starting out in a new regime..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I don’t know why I’ve just got the funny feeling that Maddison is going to be a good influence on Gray and bring the beSt out of him . I don’t know either of them but Maddison seems to be very driven, level headed and mature for his age where as Gray doesn’t . This is purely from interviews social media and how they play on the pitch  etc . They are really good mates along with Chilwell and ive already seen insta stories of the 3 of them practicing stuff together which looks like it was after training . To me thats a good thing and I’m hoping perhaps the three of them can spur each other on and bring out the best in each other . Then again I could just be totally wrong 

This is 100% spot on.

They clearly had something going on and that left hand side on Friday night (particularly across the whole of the midfield and left side of defence - Maguire and Chilwell) looked strong.

Gray's decision making at times is not great but the interactivity on the left was sparkling against a solidly defensive minded team. Long may it continue. I'd like to see him shoot more outside and inside the box. He's often looking for a cross but he is actually a pretty good finisher.

Like Chilwell (who you can see improve every single season) I think Gray still needs a season or two before we'll see the full player. His decision making sometimes is frustrating but he is still young and that will get better!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I don’t know why I’ve just got the funny feeling that Maddison is going to be a good influence on Gray and bring the best out of him . I don’t know either of them but Maddison seems to be very driven, level headed and mature for his age where as Gray doesn’t . This is purely from interviews social media and how they play on the pitch  etc . They are really good mates along with Chilwell and ive already seen insta stories of the 3 of them practicing stuff together which looks like it was after training . To me thats a good thing and I’m hoping perhaps the three of them can spur each other on and bring out the best in each other . Then again I could just be totally wrong 

I agree! They linked up decently during the Utd game and seemed to bring out the best in each other. Once Maddison was subbed off, Chilwell's performance deteriorated. As for Gray, it might have been one of his best performances for us yet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sm1 said:

Agree. He needs to whip it into the danger area at the first opportunity.  "50 raids of Gray"

That's also good general advice by the way :ph34r:

Grey needs to kick on.... to put some effort into sorting his weakneses and kick on.  Its  great if he runs directly at defenses... but he has to be able to mix it up.  He needs to work on his decision making (looking at videos and freezing the action when he recieves the ball to revuew his options... then see whar he did... si he sees the biases in his decisions)....and his left foot (or defenders will just show him the out side). He has needed to fix these thing since he arrived

Edited by foxinsocks

The run that starts at about 14 seconds on this video is absolutely incredible.  I remember watching it (online) and it had me out of my seat.  Such pace and directness.  If only he went for it more often.  I still think he will make it here.  X

• Like 1