Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

Whether he signed him or not is irrelevant really, he’s still playing him in a system that he can’t play in. He could have brought in an alternative or even kept Slim, but  to keep using a player that clearly isn’t suited to what he wants... deluded. 

We cant buy strikers until we sell the ones we already have.  Slim is still our player.  Puel had to give Iheanacho a chance.

The squad is bloated, why do you need to keep ignoring that?  Of course we are a striker short, you know it, I know it, Puel knows it

• Like 2

He doesn't actually know the rules does he? I noticed it last night when he ambled offside after the corner.

Sooner we get rid the better, an atrocious signing and offers nothing to team unless we are against very weak opposition. 

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I felt sorry for him yesterday…. He tried, but, was just extremely poor and kept finding himself offside…

i dont think it’s going to work out which is a huge shame…. I had high hopes

i hated the way some ‘fans’ treated him yesterday…. Jeering him off and shouting for Shinji to come on…. Not really helpful is it?

I don't agree with any of this to be honest apart from he was extremely poor, he wasn't trying in my mind and to say he kept finding himself offside is a joke surely. The guy was ambling back not even trying to get onside all of the second half, Man City were playing a high back line all game and a ball over the top would have put them in trouble. But no lheanacho kept getting caught offside most of the second half and that's when fans were getting on his back because it was constantly happening. 

If you look at the goal last night, this came from a ball over top and this was on all second half but every time it was attempted good old Iheanacho was ambling back with a couldn't care less attitude. I don't feel sorry for him at all because he was shight last night end of.

15 minutes ago, nettle said:

I don't agree with any of this to be honest apart from he was extremely poor, he wasn't trying in my mind and to say he kept finding himself offside is a joke surely. The guy was ambling back not even trying to get onside all of the second half, Man City were playing a high back line all game and a ball over the top would have put them in trouble. But no lheanacho kept getting caught offside most of the second half and that's when fans were getting on his back because it was constantly happening. 

If you look at the goal last night, this came from a ball over top and this was on all second half but every time it was attempted good old Iheanacho was ambling back with a couldn't care less attitude. I don't feel sorry for him at all because he was shight last night end of.

I don’t accept that he wasn’t trying….   I saw him running about…. He just looked devoid of ideas and confidence…He was just trying and failing (badly)

Part of the art of striking is ensuring you’re onside…. He failed dismally at that point…. And certainly did intend to imply that that you find yourself offside as regularly as he was by accident…

i dont like it when elements of  the crowd get on players backs and don’t join in…. It’s not nice…

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I don’t accept that he wasn’t trying….   I saw him running about…. He just looked devoid of ideas and confidence…He was just trying and failing (badly)

Part of the art of striking is ensuring you’re onside…. He failed dismally at that point…. And certainly did intend to imply that that you find yourself offside as regularly as he was by accident…

i dont like it when elements of  the crowd get on players backs and don’t join in…. It’s not nice…

I didn't boo or jeer him when he came off and I will admit I berated him a few times but God it was so frustrating to watch him last night. He just doesn't seem to have much of an idea as a number 9 and maybe that's why Man city got rid.

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I felt sorry for him yesterday…. He tried, but, was just extremely poor and kept finding himself offside…

i dont think it’s going to work out which is a huge shame…. I had high hopes

i hated the way some ‘fans’ treated him yesterday…. Jeering him off and shouting for Shinji to come on…. Not really helpful is it?

I'm sorry I just don't buy this argument. For some reason some people seem to think Footballers shouldn't come under the same criticism everyone has to come under.

They're pandered to at every opportunity.

Last night, people who have spent weeks and weeks spending their hard earned money to be entertained by someone (earning more than the majority of them will in two years in the space of a week), finally lost their cool

At work, if i'm shit i'm criticised, by my manager or by whoever i've let down.... problem is in football that doesn't really happen, so it falls to the fans (those who have paid for a service 'entertainment' in this case) to vent their anger to show that player that they are letting people down and not performing to the levels expected.

As i've said previously... I wanted to see it cause a reaction within him, but it didn't, he just walked off casually, didn't applaud fans (even ironically) or even look remotely upset about the whole situation. He was just happy his shift was over and couldn't wait to sit down.

I'd honestly rather he'd cupped his ear, or looked upset or looked bothered.... That would have bought him a lot more time with me.

To reiterate, I've honestly never felt this much anger towards a player, he's not what Leicester is all about, that's Albrighton, Shinji, Maguire and Morgan, Huth, Hume, Dickov etc etc.... Might not be the most talented, but never give less than 100% and that is ALL any Leicester fan will ever ask for. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

He's shite - hasn't got the heart to fight through bad patches when the going gets tough and has no self-awareness to work on his game, presumably an enormous ego to boot. A pampered prima donna who thought he'd made it at Man City, thought he was too good for us and is now realising its the other way round. Hope some other club get landed with the useless lump.

3 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

I think it’s a case of - most of his goals at Man City were tap ins and being in the right place at the right time. Now he’s being asked to play up top on his own with a lack of support and has to create something out of nothing. If Puel knew we were playing this formation, why have we signed Ian instead of someone like Rondon who is more suited to the system? This manager baffles me. 

So having the ball at his feet 14 yards from goal and having no clue what to do with it, fannying about until 5 Man City  defenders eventually worried him enough for him to panic and give the ball away.

Sorry, I'd love him to come good, I backed him to be leading prem scorer this season.  I wont boo him but when a player has a ball passed straight to them and they run behind the defender to get out of the way of the ball, nope you're not for me.

I dont think Puel has any option other than to play him.  I dont mind if the game doesnt suit him, but please look as though you're bothered.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

he's actually awful, I honestly think he's a worse signing than Slimani. At least Slimani has qualities, all this lad has is "potential" which I see none of. He's absolutely awful, can't hold it up, can't run, he's ****ing garbage get rid

He sometimes (not often) makes strong direct runs at goal with the ball, then stops with no idea what to do - rabbit in headlights comes to mind. Technically he's not anywhere as good as I was expecting for his price tag.

• Like 1

V Fulham and last night, he does seem to liven up when he's got some support with him.  But up top on his own he's f**king useless.  I just want to give him a slap and tell him to put some effort in.  I'd rather have Slimani in that situation.

47 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Actually don’t think he’s that bad we’re asking him to play up on his own, theres not many can do it. Think in a two every week he’d be fine can’t be asking the lad to beat 2/3 when he gets the ball. 

we've played him in a two plenty of times and the argument for why he's shite then is because he can't play with Vardy, his best position is on the bench

5 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We cant buy strikers until we sell the ones we already have.  Slim is still our player.  Puel had to give Iheanacho a chance.

The squad is bloated, why do you need to keep ignoring that?  Of course we are a striker short, you know it, I know it, Puel knows it

Absolutely and there will no doubt be a reason why Puel along with the board, knowing we would be short of strikers, still went ahead and got rid of Slimani. Just because people on here aren't privy to those reasons doesn't mean that they were ill thought out or wrong.

He frustrates and annoys me. I think he's lazy and doesn't put enough of a shift in. I think he has got the talent to be decent, and probably is low on confidence which isn't helping, but he needs to help himself by putting more effort in, looking sharper, running more, chasing the ball, looking for space, runs etc. Just seems to amble about most of the time.

I think he'd play better in a 2. Hes onviously void of any confidence which restricts his creativity and freedom but in all honesty I dont think hes smart enough or self aware enough to retain form let alone become world class.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

People are using the same arguments for him they used to for Beckford despite it being so obvious he wasn't good enough  - "he only appears to be shit, because we don't build the side round him and put it on a plate for him".

He's never shown anything like being good enough to earn the right to have all 10 other players being built around giving him service. Man City fans all told us he can't control a football and has no first touch and that he's lazy and a goal poacher you have to put it on a plate for - that's nothing to do with lack of confidence or not being in the right system, it's the player he is.

Now, if he'd shown he was good enough, maybe we could afford him that luxury, but he hasn't shown anything like it.

If anything, he's been incredibly lucky to be given so many chances when he's constantly been undeservedly picked ahead of Okazaki or Maddison despite never showing any glimpses those players have. If he hadn't cost £25mil based on a few sub appearances for Man City, he'd have been playing for the U23s ages ago and we'd have forgotten him and no one would've batted an eyelid given his level of performances have shown he obviously isn't good enough for this level.

Great post

This forum was full of Beckford was brilliant and ‘he’ll be the bloke to get us the goals’ etc. I remember having plenty of arguments with the usual suspects about this.

Apart from the odd, excellent performance, he was pants for us. He didn’t run the channels, he looked miserable as fook and he was a very greedy striker.

Nacho looks no better. 

That chance where he went through last night, only to fall over his own feet, would of been gobbled up by an in-form striker. I remember Dickov used to make his trade on getting on the end of those little half chances, as did, dare I say it,  Fryatt. They’d at least have made the keeper make a save.

Nacho at present looks miles off being a Premiership striker.

Our club really has made some awful bloody signings over the past year or two. If we were a ‘proper’ business, our scouts would have been given the boot, no doubt.

Edited by Col city fan

I don't want us to become a Chelsea where we loan out all our prospects or young players with ability that are struggling for game time and consistency. However, he has lower prem or high championship loan written all over him. He needs confidence, we can't give him the time to get that confidence without making it worse but he definitely has ability. Think how many teams in the prem need a striker. Watford, palace, Cardiff all create chances and need a poacher. For all his faults, that's what he is. We just need him to develop on another teams watch and get him back (hopefully) the player we all thought he was going to be. Loans are obviously high risk, but our fans seem to have made up their mind and that negative mindset at the KP isn't going to get him back to his best form. He looks like he needs a few goals to really get his confidence back 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

we've played him in a two plenty of times and the argument for why he's shite then is because he can't play with Vardy, his best position is on the bench

Except he's not shit then. The best we've looked this calendar year has been when we've had Iheanacho, Vardy and a flair midfielder (Mahrez until May, Maddison since) up top together (Arsenal-Spurs last season, Huddersfield-Newcastle this season)...

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's shite - hasn't got the heart to fight through bad patches when the going gets tough and has no self-awareness to work on his game, presumably an enormous ego to boot. A pampered prima donna who thought he'd made it at Man City, thought he was too good for us and is now realising its the other way round. Hope some other club get landed with the useless lump.

That's a gob-smacking amount of assumptions about someone's personality and character. Do you have information to suggest the truthfulness of anything you're saying, beyond your mental projection?