Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Many of us on here disagree on many things like Puel in/out, team selections/formations etc but i think we can all safely agree that Iheancho is not the player we want or need him to be.

I think he could go elsewhere and do ok but his days here should be numbered now. Im sure Puel will want better options but unfortunately we may need to wait till the summer to get them. Good strikers aren't easy to come by, especially in the january window! 

I have allways wondered why MC put the buy back clause in.

MC. Yes,he is really good.....that good that we will buy him back(because we think he is great)

LCFC. Well he must be good then....here's £25 million

MC..We got them there!

• Like 2

How he has scored his League Goals:

Man City 15/16 - 

2 - Rebound Tap Ins

1 - Deflection he knew nothing about

2 - Finish from 12 Yards with no defenders around him

1 - Ran from 30 yards and around the keeper - a good goal

1 - Pinballed around the box and he ended up with an unmarked free header from 6 yards

1 - Good goal from outside the box, Mahrez-esque

Man City 16/17 - 

2 - Tap ins from less than 6 yards

1 - Open goal from 6 yards

1 - Run onto the ball at 6 yards to put it past the keeper

Leicester 17/18 - 

1 - Free header from 6 yards v West Brom

1 - Good strike from 12 yard v Arsenal

1 - Banger of a goal from 25 yards v Spurs

Leicester 18/19 - 

1 - Set through on goal and good finish from the edge of the box v Huddersfield

Yes he has scored a few good goals, but the majority of his goals were easy finishes where the ball is put on a plate for him or has just been a tap in inside the 6 yard box.

Think he needs to realise he needs to put a lot more effort in and be more involved in the play to get a goal playing for Leicester rather than just standing in the box like he did for Man City

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Maddision was poor yes, but he's actually been quite good for us at times.... Can you say that about Iheanacho? Whatever you say about madisson missing the sitter, doesn't take away the fact that Nacho has been an abomination for us. 

I fort maddison was the best player on the pitch when come on looked alot better team with him on 

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

The worst thing is to hear Man city fans laughing their heads off that they got our pants down for selling us him, when they weren't even feeling sad that he gone too us

You must have incredible hearing mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smr said:

****ing shit, how on earth he is making a living as a footballer has got to be the biggest comedy sketch of this century. I don't think I have ever seriously, and I'm not taking the piss here, thought that we'd actually be better off without a man on the pitch than with him. Ridiculous. I wouldn't be so pissed off if he had no talent but at least tried. But he doesn't even do that. Clown.

Funny the same thought crossed my mind after we had made our 3 substitutions...sometimes its harder for a team to play against 10 men and i would have loved to have seen Puel take him off...why not he was having no effect on the pitch whatsoever

• Like 1

His best moment was when he linked up with Vardy in that Pre-season game and we were all wetting ourselves as we thought they would go on and be amazing together. 

Kinda like when Musa destroyed Barca... 

just never happened

• Like 2

On 01/01/2019 at 02:14, ARTY_FOX said:

He’s not though is he. He proved at the end of last season (if you even bothered watching) he needs a run of games to get the best out of him.

There was a point after vardy our fan base decided they’d be patient with players. What happened to that? 

Yes mate he definitely is shit.

Very very shit.

And for a bonus point his stupid hand thing on the screen is very annoying.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nacho, Slim and Musa... a combined transfer fee of over 60 million pounds.

Who on earth is head of recruitment at the club? Any other type of industry, he or she would have been fired a long time ago.

I'm a big fan of yours Col, but that's a massively naive view of the world to take. Do you mean the same head of recruitment that brought in the following players?

- Riyad Mahrez. PFA player of the year, helped the club to promotion, the league title, the Champions League Quarter final and another top 10 finish. Sold for 60M which is more than the amount the owners brought the club for.

- N'golo Kante. One of the best box to box midfielders in Premier League history. World Cup winner, sold for an at the time club record fee.

- Danny Drinkwater. Helped get us promoted and win the league. Sold for 35M.

- Jamie Vardy. Leicester City living legend. Signed for 1M.

- Robert Huth. Picked up on a free. Part of a Premier League winning back 4.

- Marc Albrighton. Picked up on a free. Has made over what 200 appearances for the club since? Scored our first ever Champions League goal.

- Wilfred N'didi. One of the most coveted young CDM's in world football.

- James Maddison. Been selected for the England team. Been linked with a move to Manchester United.

- Harry Maguire. Part of the England national team's defence that reached the semi finals of the world cup for only the third time in their history.

- Ricardo. Incredibly versatile player than can seemingly play Right Back, Right Wing and Left Wing all very well.

The list goes on and on. Have we also signed a load of donkeys over the years? Of course we have, just like every other club in the history of the world. Even if a player is promising on paper, it does not guarantee they will fit into the incoming team's system, be on the same wavelength as other players or settle in the country. Sir Alex Ferguson signed players like Eric Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson. Guardiola signed Nolito, Klopp has signed plenty of turd for his teams over the years, etc, etc.

Buying and selling players isn't like stocks and shares on the trading room floor. When a purchase is made if the signing doesn't work out it's not as easy as simply flipping the player immediately and retaining the amount of money invested in bringing them in. Puel has been IMO quite ruthless with players he doesn't want, hence shipping out Musa, Ulloa, Slimani, etc. 

As a club Leicester have outperformed many clubs over the years in the transfer market which is why people like Ben Wrigglesworth were snapped up by Arsenal. In fact Leicester's scouting team is so well thought of, that many other scouts attend a free lecture the recruitment team give every year where they talk about trying to improve the process, believing that sharing knowledge with others makes everyone better overall.

Kelechi Iheanacho has not lived up the hype, that is a fact. We all wished he did, but his performances and stats for our club are poor. But newsflash, Leicester are going to make signings in the future that also don't work out, just like how we will also make ones that do. When a signing doesn't work out, you can't go back to customer services with your receipt and ask for your money back!

• Like 2

Its blame Nacho time again but i guess. Will somebody tell me if any striker has been successful in this system since Vardy broke out? We play ugly ball that creates very few chances, Messi would be lucky to score 10 goals on this team. Nacho is one of the best pure scorers you will find in the game but when your best creative players are Madison and Albrighton it's damn near impossible to score on this team. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Usafox1 said:

Its blame Nacho time again but i guess. Will somebody tell me if any striker has been successful in this system since Vardy broke out? We play ugly ball that creates very few chances, Messi would be lucky to score 10 goals on this team. Nacho is one of the best pure scorers you will find in the game but when your best creative players are Madison and Albrighton it's damn near impossible to score on this team. 

He’s missed the majority of chances he’s had. The worst part is, he actually gets put in goalscoring opportunities and manages not even to get a shot off. 

I can’t recall the game, but I remember him being 1on1 with the keeper and he tried to dink it, and it went into the keepers arms about 3ft off of the ground. He is most definitely not one of the ‘best pure scorers’ in the game. 

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Give me one positive this man has to offer???

He scores for Nigeria?

He might have skill but not while in a leicester kit. Big waste of money. Sell him to  a moscow club for 25million and call it a day. Heck getting 25 million would be criminal.

The only thing i can think of is that this is some sort of  Nigerian scam. Was the real nacho kidnapped and replaced by his 40 year old cousin?

Will the real nacho please show up!

40 minutes ago, Usafox1 said:

Maddison - our creator in chief and one of the few players desperate to go forward. 

Albrighton - exceptional final ball. Formidable crosser. 

I was going to comment on how you must not know football when you described Kelechi as the 'best pure scorer' - what the **** is a pure scorer? It makes no sense  - but I clocked your name and it clicked. Stick to NFL; you know absolutely nothing about football. 

17 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Maddison - our creator in chief and one of the few players desperate to go forward. 

Albrighton - exceptional final ball. Formidable crosser. 

I was going to comment on how you must not know football when you described Kelechi as the 'best pure scorer' - what the **** is a pure scorer? It makes no sense  - but I clocked your name and it clicked. Stick to NFL; you know absolutely nothing about football

Says the one that thinks Albrighton has an exceptional final ball and is a formidable crosser

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

You're denying that he can cross? 

We don't have the personnel to convert these crosses, true, but the guy can cross a ball. 

He delivers a good cross about 1 every 10. He hits a percentage ball. Not denying he hasn’t put some great crosses in his time but with the amount he puts in you’re bound to get a few

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

He delivers a good cross about 1 every 10. He hits a percentage ball. Not denying he hasn’t put some great crosses in his time but with the amount he puts in you’re bound to get a few

If we had a forward in the ilk of Lukaku as opposed to Vardy his crosses would be buying goals. We don't, sadly. 

In the Premier League he has scored 17 and assisted 34. He has played 229 games. He's worth a goal every four games. That's a great return for a midfielder. If the others were weighing in in kind we'd be laughing. 

• Like 3