Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Guest bss9401

I get that confidence Nacho's confidence might be poor but for a professional footballer this is not an excusable reason. As others have said it's what he fails to do off the ball that is so frustrating. I so want him to succeed with us but he has to move, make himself available more, be a threat or simply to be asking questions of defenders. Currently the only question that he's asking whilst he is on the pitch is how long it is until the final whistle.

16 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Or maybe i just realise the massive shift in attitude towards a player that isn't white British compared to the likes of Slimani, Okazaki, Inneacho, Musa etc

Look at tonight. We have had some outright shit performances from so many players tonight and yet again we have Inneacho (who had 0 service) top of the thread list with a pile of shit being spouted about him.

I dont think you can play the race card, if you were to ask pretty much anyone on this forum, who their fave player over the last decade is (perhaps even longer) They would answer Kante and not only is he black but he is French. 

Race and colour has nothing to do with the fact that this season Nacho has played below par. He wasnt the worst player last night and didnt lose us the game but he didnt do anything to win it either.

He needs a move away, even if its temporary loan. We're not going to get money back by selling him at the minute unless an offer comes from China so we might as well send him out on loan and see if he can get his confidence back. Preferably abroad too.

Problem is our lack of numbers mean we have to keep him.

16 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Oh so because the best player we have ever had happened to be black and got praise we dont have a huge underlying racist element to our idiotic fanbase?

It's great praising players for doing well.

But 41 pages on a player whos 21 and just hasn't played in a team thats given him much service? It's a ****ing joke.

I'll get alot of shit for being the one to point it out but i dont care. It's subtle but its definetely racist.

I'm with you, but only because I'm impressed at your wind up attempt. Good job

2 hours ago, bss9401 said:

I get that confidence Nacho's confidence might be poor but for a professional footballer this is not an excusable reason. As others have said it's what he fails to do off the ball that is so frustrating. I so want him to succeed with us but he has to move, make himself available more, be a threat or simply to be asking questions of defenders. Currently the only question that he's asking whilst he is on the pitch is how long it is until the final whistle.

100% agree. If confidence is low, that is no reason not to try.

In Vardy's first season it looked obvious that he was out of his depth and most probably not going to make it, but I remember a game against Middlesborough in the championship where he chased back 70 yards to tackle and gave away a penalty, which Kasper saved. He got lambasted on here for that. But at least he was TRYING hard for the team, and trying to improve himself.

I just don't see Nacho trying to help himself or the team in matches, which is just appalling for someone in any job, yet alone a job with insane huge wages. 

Echo what others have said in that he would be a lot easier to sympathise with if he put in some effort.

He epitomises why we lost yesterday. He is not willing to battle. It’s all great when you’re 1 on 1 with the keeper or playing the Champions, but you have to be prepared to do the less exciting parts of the game - whether it’s making runs, getting stuck in or playing against a smaller club.

For all his limitations one of Pearson’s great strengths would be he wouldn’t put up with some of the half-hearted displays we are regularly seeing from individuals and the team as a whole.

There are obvious mitigating reasons for Nacho’s poor goal return (to an extent) but there’s no excusing his all round performances. He’s been a huge disappointment.

• Like 3

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working out for him with us.

It isn't the players' fault that they are payed an obscene amount of money to play football. But because they are they are legititimate targets for critics who don't perceive them to be trying or to be worth the money and social media makes it far easier for people to have a go at them.

Iheanacho's style of play appears to be somewhat languid and thus may give the impression he isn't trying. Of course maybe he isn't really tring but it is hard to tell.

He was poor yesterday but the service to him was diabolical, at least until Maddison came on.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy. Non player joins another club hoping to fail but he just doesn't seem to be the right player for us at this moment in time. It doesn't appear that Puel believes he can play with Vardy and he isn't good enough to replace Vardy. He and Okazaki are a partenrship made in heaven for the opposition. Maybe he'd work best in a 2 playing off a big striker but this is something highly unlikely to happen whilst Puel remains manager. So he's not getting a run of games, his confidence is shot to bits and certainly not helped by being booed onto the pitch.

Maybe we should just admit he's not going to work out here and sell him on. If I were him I would be seeking a move away before his career is irreperably damaged.

I feel sorry for the bloke but he is devoid of any confidence. I fear for him because if he were to have a one-on-one he would almost certainly miss. He'd probably score one in ten atm. It's a shame because he has obvious ability but he isn't applying it.

• Like 1

Is he slow or does he just not sprint? His lack of movement and awareness for somebody that's played under Guardiola is staggering. It's a possibility he'll be here until his contract runs down because it's hard to see any takers for him considering he'll be on big money.

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

I feel sorry for the bloke but he is devoid of any confidence. I fear for him because if he were to have a one-on-one he would almost certainly miss. He'd probably score one in ten atm. It's a shame because he has obvious ability but he isn't applying it.

Devoid of any ability,  pace and qualitee more the case! 

Swap him for Musa any day! 

4 hours ago, somebum said:

I think we should send him out on loan to a lower league club. Who is the Macclesfield manager these days, I heard they got some great minds maybe nacho can learn something there

What's the point he's been great in past against lower quality opposition but in premier he struggles, I don't know if there is an answer, maybe sell him back to Manchester city if we got a sell back clause? 

• Haha 2

Sell him ffs and get in someone who actually scores goals! 

I can’t recollect the actual amount of games that Nacho and Shinji had gone (combined) without scoring, but it was something ridiculous.

I can’t believe people are still desperately trying to defend Nacho and these stats.

He might go elsewhere and do really well. If so, good luck to him. That don’t matter. What matters to us is the here and now and in the here and now he can’t hit a fookin barn door. In fact, he ain’t even shooting at it!

• Like 4

Guest MattP
32 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

What's the point he's been great in past against lower quality opposition but in premier he struggles, I don't know if there is an answer, maybe sell him back to Manchester city if we got a sell back clause? 

You've got more chance of selling pork in a Mosque than flogging Iheanacho back to Guardiola. 

He lacks confidence, he was doing well at the end of last season. Not sure how different the playing style is now but certainly isn't doing as well. He's still young and can hopefully along with Gray start to shine. 

But as I see it, We need another striker to challenge Vardy because you need a Tri-pod to keep Nacho and Shinji (as nice a bloke as he is) upright in the penalty area.