Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Just now, 5waller5 said:

Or it's because they are rubbish footballers and this is a football forum.

Striving to find ways to express how PC you are is so 2018.

Rubbish footballers? He's a premier league footballer who didnt exactly do bad at Manchester City. 

You know? The champions of England and probably the best team in Premier League history made sure there was a buy back clause on him?

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Or maybe i just realise the massive shift in attitude towards a player that isn't white British compared to the likes of Slimani, Okazaki, Inneacho, Musa etc

Look at tonight. We have had some outright shit performances from so many players tonight and yet again we have Inneacho (who had 0 service) top of the thread list with a pile of shit being spouted about him.

Not sure I agree, Shinji is much loved at Leicester but is probably past his best, Nacho and Musa have been incredibly disappointing and I personally quite liked Slim, nothing to do with the colour of their skin in my opinion 

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't care. He's at least worth a try, because outside of Vardy, nobody else is offering anything up front, especially when we have the majority of possession.

As much as I agree, did/does Slimani offer anything up front? Maybe apart from a slightly stockier frame that may or may not intimidate Premier League quality defenders? And given that Turkish sides don't really make waves in European football, I'm not holding much hope.

New personnel is required.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't care. He's at least worth a try, because outside of Vardy, nobody else is offering anything up front, especially when we have the majority of possession.

They all need binning apart from Vardy, we need to dump Slimani, Okazaki and Iheanacho. 

I remember when we were first linked with Iheanacho I couldn't believe it but in hindsight top clubs never sell their top young players unless they think they're selling you a pup. Iheanacho is a very good finisher but I'm wary of strikers who don't have something else to their game. Iheanacho isn't particularly quick, skilful or great in the air. He doesn't offer much to a team unless he's getting chances and putting them away. 

I normally give young players with great pedigree every chance, I give Schlupp every opportunity as he had some great assets that could have made him a top player but as the years go by and they don't develop you have to say enough is enough and try and salvage a transfer fee whilst their stock is still relatively high. 

****ing shit, how on earth he is making a living as a footballer has got to be the biggest comedy sketch of this century. I don't think I have ever seriously, and I'm not taking the piss here, thought that we'd actually be better off without a man on the pitch than with him. Ridiculous. I wouldn't be so pissed off if he had no talent but at least tried. But he doesn't even do that. Clown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Rubbish footballers? He's a premier league footballer who didnt exactly do bad at Manchester City. 

You know? The champions of England and probably the best team in Premier League history made sure there was a buy back clause on him?

If, after seeing him play for us for the last season or so, you think he's a good footballer then fair enough. 

I don't. I think he's rubbish (to clarify; in comparison to Premier league footballers paid tens of thousands per week to play football)

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Lol are you seriously asking that? 

Listen, at the signing session a couple of months back, he was the only one there who just didn't seem like he wanted to be there, about as much passion as an Eskimo given a cool box for Christmas. It's not about racism, his attitude sucks. Other 'minority' players have bad games and we don't get on their back as much because they show effort, passion and desire. He shows nothing. Thus all the abuse. 

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

yeah never say never, except i bet pep's just said "never" if he was watching that tonight.

1 minute ago, Bezzanator89 said:

As much as I agree, did/does Slimani offer anything up front? Maybe apart from a slightly stockier frame that may or may not intimidate Premier League quality defenders? And given that Turkish sides don't really make waves in European football, I'm not holding much hope.

Chances are he'll still be crap. But it's worth a try for those games where we dominate possession and put in numerous crosses. Nothing to lose really. If he bags a few goals it might boost any potential transfer fee, which must be at rock bottom at the moment, from other clubs.

His attitude on the pitch suggests he is not bothered or can’t do what he is being asked to.

...either way he needs to be off loaded at some point  and it’s probably best if he goes nowhere near a first team game.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Chances are he'll still be crap. But it's worth a try for those games where we dominate possession and put in numerous crosses. Nothing to lose really. If he bags a few goals it might boost any potential transfer fee, which must be at rock bottom at the moment, from other clubs.

Can't be any worse that the ineffective dross that's patrolling our frontline when Vardy isn't there. There's no escaping that the fact that when JV does eventually pack it in or suffers a long term injury, who do we have? 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

First half he was very poor. 

He was so static. He didn't make any runs into space or anything, just kept losing out in the air to the centrebacks. 

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The more he plays for us the more it’s clear that he was assisted by an amazing bunch of teammates at Man City that made him look better than he actually is. Perhaps the giveaway was Pep’s keenness to sell. If he believes in a player then they don’t often move. The worry is that he simply doesn’t look like scoring. Even Okazaki looked more likely to score than Nacho today and that’s saying something. The stats speak for themselves. This is not about a players’ colour, nationality or even age. This is about an expensive striker not being able to score goals or even miss chances. I get the lack of service but the player we all thought we were signing was a special player from a top club who could make something out of nothing or do something extraordinary, what we are seeing is a player who cannot get involved unless he’s given something on a plate. We could’ve got that level of striker from league 1 or 2 for a 10th of the price.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeah let's slate another player of ethnic minority origin and call him some hapoy go lucky competition winner.

It happened with Musa and coubtless others and it'll happen again and again.

It's subtle racism at its finest.

Err... Were he scoring, and also being criticised for the slighest thing, then fair enough.

But his form is garbage. And people are annoyed. There's racism around. But this ain't racism. It's poor form and poor effort.

Edited by Foxxed

20 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Based on his Fenerbache record and reviews, and considering how desperate they are to send him back, no.

Based on our alternatives, I'd say yes. At least he is a different type to bring on. 

If only he was as good as Kane at playing up front as he is at matching his mouth breathing during a game.

Not sure where he goes from here, possibly abroad? It's hard to see it working out for him here, its just not clicking often enough when he plays.

10 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

I agree that new personal is required, but doubt it will happen this window as it is difficult to deal in we have had our pants pulled down in previous windows!!!,  Slimani does offer something different especially when he attacks the ball in the box with his head, question is can we provide him with service and can he deliver as you say i'm not sure but surely it's worth a go the other 2 are getting worse by the week.

• Sad 1