Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

... I would just want to sit down and speak to Nacho and ask him what he wants and how he sees his time at the club.. I wonder if someone would just pull him to one side to find out who he is. You see his demeanour on the pitch and you wonder what is going on in his head. 

He needs to put in a transfer request as this situation is getting worse.

When your own supporters boo you and there is no reaction, then you know he either doesn't care or is incapable of responding in a positive manner and has internalised his emotions.. Personally I think he needs counselling and dropping to a different league or standard will not help. We know the formation does not suit him, his only option is to change his style or move on. 

I would suggest that he moves on! 

• Like 3

Says a lot about a player and his confidence/ability if he could only muster one effort on target and that was off his frickin' shoulder. Other than that, he was in some Newport defender's back pocket.

If he couldn't even put a decent shift in against those lot, then Manchester City are laughing all the way to their bank in the UAE.

Patience has ran out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm a big fan of yours Col, but that's a massively naive view of the world to take. Do you mean the same head of recruitment that brought in the following players?

- Riyad Mahrez. PFA player of the year, helped the club to promotion, the league title, the Champions League Quarter final and another top 10 finish. Sold for 60M which is more than the amount the owners brought the club for.

- N'golo Kante. One of the best box to box midfielders in Premier League history. World Cup winner, sold for an at the time club record fee.

- Danny Drinkwater. Helped get us promoted and win the league. Sold for 35M.

- Jamie Vardy. Leicester City living legend. Signed for 1M.

- Robert Huth. Picked up on a free. Part of a Premier League winning back 4.

- Marc Albrighton. Picked up on a free. Has made over what 200 appearances for the club since? Scored our first ever Champions League goal.

- Wilfred N'didi. One of the most coveted young CDM's in world football.

- James Maddison. Been selected for the England team. Been linked with a move to Manchester United.

- Harry Maguire. Part of the England national team's defence that reached the semi finals of the world cup for only the third time in their history.

- Ricardo. Incredibly versatile player than can seemingly play Right Back, Right Wing and Left Wing all very well.

The list goes on and on. Have we also signed a load of donkeys over the years? Of course we have, just like every other club in the history of the world. Even if a player is promising on paper, it does not guarantee they will fit into the incoming team's system, be on the same wavelength as other players or settle in the country. Sir Alex Ferguson signed players like Eric Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson. Guardiola signed Nolito, Klopp has signed plenty of turd for his teams over the years, etc, etc.

Buying and selling players isn't like stocks and shares on the trading room floor. When a purchase is made if the signing doesn't work out it's not as easy as simply flipping the player immediately and retaining the amount of money invested in bringing them in. Puel has been IMO quite ruthless with players he doesn't want, hence shipping out Musa, Ulloa, Slimani, etc. 

As a club Leicester have outperformed many clubs over the years in the transfer market which is why people like Ben Wrigglesworth were snapped up by Arsenal. In fact Leicester's scouting team is so well thought of, that many other scouts attend a free lecture the recruitment team give every year where they talk about trying to improve the process, believing that sharing knowledge with others makes everyone better overall.

Kelechi Iheanacho has not lived up the hype, that is a fact. We all wished he did, but his performances and stats for our club are poor. But newsflash, Leicester are going to make signings in the future that also don't work out, just like how we will also make ones that do. When a signing doesn't work out, you can't go back to customer services with your receipt and ask for your money back!

Aye I get the point mate, but many on your list were scouted by Steve Walsh I believe?

I’m just peeved with the big bucks that have been blown since we won the league, particularly on strikers that have just not been anywhere near good enough. 

I cant for the life of me understand some of the signings, following a lengthy period of scouting and observation? 

A ‘good signing’ imo is also not just about how well a player performs on the pitch. It’s about mental attitude, team-working, strength of character and all that. Both Slimani and Iheanacho (combined fee of 53 million quid) seem to have nothing about them in that respect. No fight particularly.

And I believe questions SHOULD be asked, especially at a football club. If I was overseeing our recruitment, I’d be looking at some of the recent incumbents and asking our head of recruitment how he/we had got some of them so spectacularly wrong? Silva is another one...

• Like 1

Puel has to take some blame for this imo.

He has absolutely hung him out to dry, everyone of us here know Nacho can not play up top on his own. Kelechi is clearly not very intelligent and is lazy. He can only play in a two as we saw back end of last season.

This emotion I’m going through as a Leicester fan atm is so strange, I dislike the manager and the football is some of the worst to watch yet we are 7th in the league.

I would’ve gave my right nut ? for that at the start of the season 

Edited by mod hero
  • Like 1

He is not a target man.  I actually felt sorry for him yesterday, as I do for Vardy.  Completely wrong style of play for the strikers we have at the moment.    He has a confidence problem but I still believe there is a footballer there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mod hero said:

He has absolutely hung him out to dry, everyone of us here know Nacho can not play up top on his own. Kelechi is clearly not very intelligent and is lazy. He can only play in a two as we saw back end of last season.

This emotion I’m going through as a Leicester fan atm is so strange, I dislike the manager and the football is some of the worst to watch yet we are 7th in the league.

Tough he has okazaki for 45 minutes last time.. 

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

He is not a target man.  I actually felt sorry for him yesterday, as I do for Vardy.  Completely wrong style of play for the strikers we have at the moment.    He has a confidence problem but I still believe there is a footballer there.

I agree with you. Nacho had no service at all you can't put all the blame on him 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Why the preference for keeping your left nut? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Usafox1 said:

Its blame Nacho time again but i guess. Will somebody tell me if any striker has been successful in this system since Vardy broke out? We play ugly ball that creates very few chances, Messi would be lucky to score 10 goals on this team. Nacho is one of the best pure scorers you will find in the game but when your best creative players are Madison and Albrighton it's damn near impossible to score on this team. 

Will somebody tell me if Nacho has been successful in any system at any time in his career? It looks like we have been duped big time. You question whether anyone been successful since Vardy started playing for the club, what about Nugent, Ulloa, Okazaki? Even Slimani & Chris Wood made much more of a contribution during their time here. Musa was dreadful but at least he seemed to want it to work more, Nacho doesn't seem to show that on the pitch.

It might be fair to say that the system doesn't suit him and that we would be better with two up front but if you have been to any games and watched Nacho play then you would understand how poor he really is. It's not just that he seems to lack awareness or has a poor touch, he is also incredibly lazy and his movement is awful. Any striker within the top 8 flights of English football could get lucky and score a couple of tap ins for Man City and maybe the odd belter if given enough game time. What we have seen since then however, does not merit the price tag he came with nor does it merit the title of premier league player.

He isn't just a scapegoat. He's had a lot of chances now and whilst he is still young, there just seems to be no spark or desire there and you're going to need that if you are to actually improve or make it in this league. 

Edited by oadby.fox

I don’t think he has done much, if anything, to integrate himself into the team work ethic however yesterday wasn’t about him. He’s woefully out of sorts and being placed as a loan striker in the most physically demanding game of the season. Supported by a much loved but pretty ineffective (now) striker who can’t score. 

The manager set him up to fail again 

• Like 1

The problem with Nacho yesterday was (other than lack of desire and movement) is his need to constantly ask for the ball to feet, with his back to goal...only to lose it. He should be on the move, ready for the through ball or into the channels. First half James played one through (which had a little too much on it) and Nacho looked as if to say should I be running towards the goal. No doubt he can finish but in a team like ours you need to work for your chances. 

• Like 1

As in any industry ultimately an under performing employee is the managers fault as they have the power to sort it.

The guy obviously has some quality its down to the manager to develop that, use the player to his best strengths and provide service.

If he simply hasn't got it nobody forces Puel / a manager to pick a player.

Clearly not happening for him under the current regime, a loan to regain confidence would be my first call

• Thanks 1

You can question the lack of service he got again, and that is still a valid point. I'd love to ask Simpson and Albrighton what they expect to happen when they constantly float a slow, high ball in the air to Iheanacho with two towering CB's alongside him... Genuinely interested to hear what they would answer to that??

However, you'd expect a Premier League striker who cost £25million to be able to cause league 2 defenders at least some problems! It really was a woeful performance by him and he should rightly be pushed to the back of the queue once we hopefully sign a striker in this window. Slimani would offer more than him right now, which is saying something. 

He has been such a disappointing signing. I genuinely thought he would be pushing Vardy for his place and scoring 15+ goals a season for us. The only attribute I can see, is that he is an accomplished finisher, but he lacks everything else to help him get in those types of positions in the first place! It's becoming more and more evident that he looked good for Man City, only because they filled in all the gaps he is missing as a player and played only to his ONE strength, i.e put it on a plate for him to finish well. 

He is still young, but I am not seeing any evidence of him improving and I am starting to wonder if he will ever be able to improve those areas enough that he needs, to be a top striker in a team that can't always put it on a plate for him. 

Solution - Sign another striker this window who will hopefully offer a lot more and keep him as 3rd choice and hope that something drastically changes in the next 12 months - or we are looking at cutting our losses on another expensive flop signing. 

• Like 3

He seems to wait for the ball to reach him instead of going towards the ball and by the time that's happened the opposing players has nicked the ball away.

His confidence must be in pieces though so that can't be helping him.

I don't know what we do from here, towards then end of last season him and Vardy seemed to have formed a good partnership there was a run of 5/7 games in which they both performed well and gave us that threat up top