Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Just now, murphy said:

No, but you said we didn't create anything.  Actually we did. 

If Nacho had the ability to get away from his marker or find some space I'm sure he would have been able to find a few more chances coming his way.

Also, you bemoaned the fact that we pump long balls to him.  Maybe we did against Newport, but the idea that we are a long ball team under Puel is absurd.  We are the opposite of that and often not direct enough.  We were much more a hoofball side under the previous two managers.

If it difficult to respond when the person you are responding is twisting what you said, 

BUT FOR THE RECORD - What I said was, I thought the current style we are playing does not suit Nacho.  And AGAINST Newport, I thought we just pumped long balls in his direction, implying this created little for his style to feed off.

As for your comments about Long Ball Team and previous two managers, as I did not infer this, I see no need for me to comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

24 attempts vs Newport is not something to brag about. Especially when a lot of those attempts were shots outside the box. We didn’t create enough ‘clear’ goal scoring oppurtunities. The ball was constantly jumped into the box from deep and left ihaenacho to fight against two ugly bastard league 2 CBs. Our wide players are not good enough at creating opportunities. Hence why when mahrez was in the team it was always mahrez who created chances for Vardy. I believe mahrez assisting Vardy created the most goals out of any duo in the top 5 leagues the season we won the title. 

What? We missed an ridiculous number of clear chances. We had far more chances and shots than Spurs managed to create in their game there. Whilst the pumped balls forward were annoying and the build up wasn't great, we absolutely had enough chance to win 5 games over.

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What? We missed an ridiculous number of clear chances. We had far more chances and shots than Spurs managed to create in their game there. Whilst the pumped balls forward were annoying and the build up wasn't great, we absolutely had enough chance to win 5 games over.

The goal was one. Albrightons wood work was two.  Having nacho try and muscle his way to making a shot is pointless. .. so that's not a chance by definition. 

So thats two goals we should have. ..could have scored against a div 2 team. 

This is not good enough.  The best we could have gotton was 2 2.

And tgat would nit have been fair on newport who were worthy winners.

So we arent creating chabce we can take... and its been that way all season.

Player confidence and form... player committment. . Tactics... selection... motivational management... poor management decision making. ... all these play a part.  All.  Its not just one or two problems to solve... its a tsunami.  So whi is resonisible?  And is claud able to solved these? Imo he can solve these except for his lack of ability to pump up the players with his  inspiring leadership... but he needs to stop blaming bad luck and learn from his mistakes. 

I will not critisise somone showing they have learnt from their mistakes.

39 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If it difficult to respond when the person you are responding is twisting what you said, 

BUT FOR THE RECORD - What I said was, I thought the current style we are playing does not suit Nacho.  And AGAINST Newport, I thought we just pumped long balls in his direction, implying this created little for his style to feed off.

As for your comments about Long Ball Team and previous two managers, as I did not infer this, I see no need for me to comment.

OK, fair enough.  It was not my intention to 'twist' anything.  I acknowledge you said "against Newport", I missed that.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Keeper made a great save from Ghezzal first half when through on goal,  Albrighton through again and shot deflected over. Okazaki kicked the ball straight at the keeper from 9 yards, another one he missed a clear header, another one he couldn't connect on a tap in from about 6 yards out, Maddison straight at the keeper from 7 yards, Nacho straight at the keeper. That's before I even talk about good chances from a bit further out.

I guess it depends how you view ‘clear’ goal scoring opportunities. I’m talking where the striker is pretty much guaranteed to score. Not like the Ghezzal opportunity where he’s got defenders around him and the keeper on the near post peefectly positioned. I mean like mahrezs dinked cross to Jesus against burton where Jesus has an unchallenged header with the keeper scrambling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Keeper made a great save from Ghezzal first half when through on goal,  Albrighton through again and shot deflected over. Okazaki kicked the ball straight at the keeper from 9 yards, another one he missed a clear header, another one he couldn't connect on a tap in from about 6 yards out, Maddison straight at the keeper from 7 yards, Nacho straight at the keeper. That's before I even talk about good chances from a bit further out.

On another day we win that 6/7-2 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

I guess it depends how you view ‘clear’ goal scoring opportunities. I’m talking where the striker is pretty much guaranteed to score. Not like the Ghezzal opportunity where he’s got defenders around him and the keeper on the near post peefectly positioned. I mean like mahrezs dinked cross to Jesus against burton where Jesus has an unchallenged header with the keeper scrambling.

There is no such thing as guaranteed to score, but any competent striker with the chances Okazaki had, he puts them away. Albrighton was in space and had a clear shot, ditto Maddison.  I've screen shot just some of them. Which i'll add to this post in a minute.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.49.45.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.49.26.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.53.06.png

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is no such thing as guaranteed to score, but any competent striker with the chances Okazaki had, he puts them away. Albrighton was in space and had a clear shot, ditto Maddison.  I've screen shot just some of them. Which i'll add to this post in a minute.

I’m not saying we didn’t create any. I’m saying we didn’t create enough. Especially not for nacho which is what this thread is about. I’m not hear to talk about Okazaki, Albrighton or Maddison.

1 minute ago, Foxboy said:

I’m not saying we didn’t create any. I’m saying we didn’t create enough. Especially not for nacho which is what this thread is about. I’m not hear to talk about Okazaki, Albrighton or Maddison.

Perhaps you should tell that to the perhaps saying Albrighton hitting the bar was one of only two chances. I didn't reply to you, you jumped in on what I said to someone else.

35 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The goal was one. Albrightons wood work was two.  Having nacho try and muscle his way to making a shot is pointless. .. so that's not a chance by definition. 

So thats two goals we should have. ..could have scored against a div 2 team. 

This is not good enough.  The best we could have gotton was 2 2.

And tgat would nit have been fair on newport who were worthy winners.

So we arent creating chabce we can take... and its been that way all season.

Player confidence and form... player committment. . Tactics... selection... motivational management... poor management decision making. ... all these play a part.  All.  Its not just one or two problems to solve... its a tsunami.  So whi is resonisible?  And is claud able to solved these? Imo he can solve these except for his lack of ability to pump up the players with his  inspiring leadership... but he needs to stop blaming bad luck and learn from his mistakes. 

I will not critisise somone showing they have learnt from their mistakes.

I'm not having that.

Just watched LCFC highlights and we had 7 very good chances where the finishing was sub par.  One of these chances we scored from

We also had other chances, but 7 decent ones

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murphy said:

This thread is not about Gray, but while he has been often disappointing, it's just not on the same scale as Nacho who has IMO been absolutely woeful.  Also Gray has attributes - pace and skill.  Often no end product, but at least something to work with.  I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me what KI's attributes are.

It's also a question of expectation.  Nacho was a big money signing that came with a reputation but has been found to be poor away from that Man City side.  I was really excited when we signed him.

I also expect any player that pulls on the shirt to show a damn sight more commitment than I'm seeing from him and that is the really infuriating thing for me.  I don't actually enjoy being on this side of the argument about one of our own players, but it is the lack of application that is testing my patience and the reason, I think, that he gets booed by some.  For the record I absolutely don't condone that.

His main attribute before joining us was being a poacher, and goal scorer, and I believe had the record for goals per minute record.

I’m not his agent, and I’m not defending him because I can see a lot of what your saying, regards attitude, belief, and letting his head drop to quick.

The reason I got involved in this debate, is the forum and fan base seem to single out one player out, when I can name half a dozen more that are not performing as they should, or not developing into the player they should by now.

Look at chilwell, I would have loaned him this season in the summer, brought an experienced left back to replace fuch, but he the manager showed faith, and played him week in, week out, and now he’s developing to be a good player, so my point is, and regards all players not playing, all players need regular games to achieve form.

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Also, the couple of moments from Nacho shown in that game weren't bad.  That cushioned header for Maddison was class and should have resulted in a goal.  He should have 2 assists from the last few games he's played but for his team mates' finishing

I also think its a myth he doesnt run and that he has a bad first touch

If Vardy had the minutes Nacho has and came on and barely touched the ball, as Vardz does through a lot of our games, he would look just as poor.

Obviously most responses to that on here will be. 'Bollocks.  He's just pure rubbish, not even a footballer'.  I think he's properly scapegoated personally

I agree totally, some good points.

Not to mention this kids confidence is rock bottom, not helped by boos and ironic cheers by our home 'fans'

A loan would be perfect for his confidence as I think he could be good for us but we just have a lack of forwards at the club

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps you should tell that to the perhaps saying Albrighton hitting the bar was one of only two chances. I didn't reply to you, you jumped in on what I said to someone else.

You did reply to me though?

1 hour ago, murphy said:

OK, fair enough.  It was not my intention to 'twist' anything.  I acknowledge you said "against Newport", I missed that.

No problem.  Nothing personal.  We all have different views and FT is no different:ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

King at the end as well, Choudhury laid it on a plate for him and he hit one of the tamest shots you'll see

4 hours ago, nwl fox said:

King at the end as well, Choudhury laid it on a plate for him and he hit one of the tamest shots you'll see

the point is the chance of any play resulting in a goal depends on the aptitude quality and form of the person to whom it falls.  Babs say we created 7 chances... but we converted one.  I come back to the list of issues that added up to this impotent performance and wonder if puel can solve them all .... especially the one or two that issues that are his...  is he learning from his errors? 

Edited by foxinsocks

31 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

the point is the chance of any play resulting in a goal depends on the aptitude quality and form of the person to whom it falls.  Babs say we created 7 chances... but we converted one.  I come back to the list of issues that added up to this impotent performance and wonder if puel can solve them all .... especially the one or two that issues that are his...  is he learning from his errors? 

Yes but the reason Babs was listing the amount of chances we created was in response to arguments that we made little to no chances which is clearly a load of bollox

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Also, the couple of moments from Nacho shown in that game weren't bad.  That cushioned header for Maddison was class and should have resulted in a goal.  He should have 2 assists from the last few games he's played but for his team mates' finishing

I also think its a myth he doesnt run and that he has a bad first touch

If Vardy had the minutes Nacho has and came on and barely touched the ball, as Vardz does through a lot of our games, he would look just as poor.

Obviously most responses to that on here will be. 'Bollocks.  He's just pure rubbish, not even a footballer'.  I think he's properly scapegoated personally

It's not as if Iheanacho is being left to rot in the reserves. He has had chances and he has had runs in the squad. He's already played more minutes in the PL than he did all of last season. 

And it's not just Leicester fans that are getting on his case--he's been pilloried by Nigeria fans for his recent performances (he's been poor for them for a whole year now).

2 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

His confidence has shot to bits and isn't showing the ability we signed him for. i think a loan to a championship club could do wonders for him, i wouldn't give up on him just yet.

You don't loan 25M players - please find me an example of that happening, ever.