Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Mame Biram Diouf

17 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

What worries me is I know we genuinely tried to get him in on deadline day a couple of seasons ago and reading he is a "long term target" doesn't fill me with confidence. A couple of years ago, he may have been worth a punt, but I do think it's throwing more money at someone for the sake of it. 

When you think Fulham managed to get Schurrle on loan, that's what we should be aspiring toward. Someone with some actual pedigree.

Makes you wonder who at the club is making these decisions it certainly isn't the manager. What a s**t recruitment team we have to go for this waste of space.

• Like 1

I'm sick of this season already. :(

If I'm pushing it I can see the logic in the Ghezzal signing as he's posted good numbers for Lyon before and Monaco took a chance on him.

The Ward signing was an utter disgrace breaking the world record transfer fee for a reserve GK who is 25 and had one poor season in the Championship.

This signing would probably be worse than the Ward signing. He's 31 in December and is a reserve at a Championship club. Another one not good enough for the first team and no resale value. WTF are people thinking at our club? 

• Like 2

If we are going for a squad player I’d much rather us go for barrow. I can see the sense and reason behind purposely buying an average player that doesn’t expect to play every game  - but fee, wages and age are big factors. Barrow over Diouf all day long.

1 minute ago, dooflip said:

If we are going for a squad player I’d much rather us go for barrow. I can see the sense and reason behind purposely buying an average player that doesn’t expect to play every game  - but fee, wages and age are big factors. Barrow over Diouf all day long.

Might as well have kept Musa or not loaned Harvey Barnes out to WBA - both are head and shoulders above Barrow and Diouf.

• Like 3

Well I for one would love to have him here: big, strong, powerful, full of pace, always consistent, probably one of the best and most underrated finishers in the prem, still got plenty of time to improve. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be one of these seasons real surprises and bags 25+ he's got such incredible ability but just hasn't settled or been utilised properly. Could be signing of the summer. 

:nigel:

• Haha 1

What must our top players think when we've signed the likes of Ghezzal and Ward and now we're after this guy?

If i was a player like Maguire or Vardy it's stuff like this which would send me over the edge. I'm just a fan and I'm sick to death of the club, the last few days have killed my enthusiasm for the new season.

To think we were linked with Malcolm and Leon Bailey. It's like going to a nightclub and spending half the night talking to Jennifer Lawrence, the other half talking to Margot Robbie but taking home the fat lass with acne scars over her face and eczema over her body. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I refer to any of my posts that might have survived the Ghezzal thread purge. This guy is the same. 

Few of us have seen Ghezzal enough to have an informed opinion - this fella on the other hand ...........

mind you if we sell Leo and slim then we need a big lump to hold up last 15 mins off the bench to see out some games 

Been thinking about why I'm so opposed to this and I think I've figured out.

Basically, Premier League footballers fit into 4 categories for me:

Category A footballers - These are those brilliant players we'd love to see at City but it'll never happen. The likes of De Bruyne, Hazard, Silva, Salah etc. They stand out because they're brilliant. They make up probably 10% of the footballers you see coming to the KP.

Category B footballers - These players are those that might not necessarily be the biggest names but who you see play and you think 'that guy is very decent - he'd do a job for us'. The likes of Maguire (when he was at Hull), Sigurdsson or Mawson (for example) might fit into this category. This group probably makes up a further 10%.

Category C footballers - This group makes up 70% of what we see at the KP. This category is those footballers you never give a second thought too. They turn up and play at the KP but you're completely indifferent towards them. Think Claudio Yacob, Leon Britton, Mikel Merino- who gives a **** right?

Then there's Category D.

Category D footballers - These are the remaining 10% of players who make an impression on you because you actually notice how shit they are. They differ from Category C footballers because they actually stir an emotion within you - the emotion of sheer relief that this guy doesn't play for your team. Category D footballers are notable because you actively think to yourself "I really hope we never sign that guy because he's ****ing terrible."

Diouf is a prime example of a Category D footballer. His ineptitude was so outstanding it actually made a long term impression on me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Few of us have seen Ghezzal enough to have an informed opinion - this fella on the other hand ...........

mind you if we sell Leo and slim then we need a big lump to hold up last 15 mins off the bench to see out some games 

Slimani is hopeless in that situation, the ball bounces off him like he's got rubber feet. Leo is better at holding the ball up and also defensively at set pieces. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

Just now, st albans fox said:

Few of us have true, plenty of others have and they speak pretty much with one voice on the guy. Time will tell, but it’s just possible they are correct despite being French. 

Diouf? No. He’s a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

Might as well have kept Musa or not loaned Harvey Barnes out to WBA - both are head and shoulders above Barrow and Diouf.

I agree Barnes would have been ideal as back up. Musa had to go though, but diouf is atrocious.

11 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

With gazelle and now this in the cards.....anyone else worried we are looking at the start of the Peter Taylor era all over again? 

Your are either attention seaking or you can't remember the Taylor era!

We have signed James Maddison, Ricardo Perieia and Jonny Evans this Window. All exciting highly rated players that every side outside the top 6 would be delighted to sign. It's hardly Trevor Benjamin, Matthew Jones and Dennis Wise. Get a grip man for God's Sake.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1