Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Is it time for a New Club Captain...

I'd go for Kasper but I've never been a fan of keeper captains as they are too far back during the play although Kasper does seem to get his point over where ever he is on the pitch. If not Jamie..."The older Statesman", he oooddles passion & is what the team need to set the level of desire. 100% effort win or lose.

• Like 1

I'm with the OP the manager likes to play keep ball. Passing and looking for the opportunity yet Wes loves to get rid.

I love Wes for what he's done for us. But as we've seen he's getting past it. I'm not sure he can carry Puel's ideals onto the pitch.

If we are playing this keep ball passing game its going to magnify his lack of quality IMO.

I’m happy if schmeichel gets its because it would be a little weird if he didn’t, but he should be captain upto the half way line and Vardy takes responsibility beyond that, I don’t want Kasper running 80 yards to try and argue for a penalty 

No, Morgan should be club captain, he doesn’t need to play every week but he sets the club by example and is a role model to the younger footballers... John Terry was captain for Chelsea for years even in the last couple of seasons when he wasn’t even getting on the bench. :yawn:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Is Wes is in the 25 there is no need for a club captain, if he's not on the pitch then vardy or Kasper will be captain.

3 hours ago, Wolfboy said:

No, Morgan should be club captain, he doesn’t need to play every week but he sets the club by example and is a role model to the younger footballers... John Terry was captain for Chelsea for years even in the last couple of seasons when he wasn’t even getting on the bench. :yawn:

you’ve got it spot on…. (Other than the fact that John Terry is a bit of a tool!!!) But, they did the right thing by him!

kasper when Morgan not starting…. He’s already vice captain…

16 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

Club captain can just be a title - I think it'd be good for the club and for Wes if he stayed as club captain until he goes. There are captains on and off the pitch, and dropping him would be harsh. 

Kasper for on pitch captain for me - comes across as a good leader and will read the game well from the back. 

A goalkeeper will be vocal on the pitch without the captaincy. It’s wasted on a GK. 

It needs to be an outfield player who can readily speak with the referee and get a grip of teammates as situations arise. GKs can’t do that on the field. 

Kasper has the respect of the team and would be a shoe-in for the armband anywhere else on the pitch. 

33 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Harry Maguire should be both team and club captain, imo.

What makes you think Maguire would be a good club captain? Relatively inexperienced in comparison to some of the squad and probably not the right man to resist change and represent the squad to the management and above. 

One day but not just yet.