Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

35 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It's common sense given that he doesn't have a work permit, is still in Germany and isn't match-fit or possibly even fit at all having just recovered from an injury.

If he's injured then it's a different kettle of fish but we'd obviously be having him on a strict diet/training plan that he can keep to in Germany.

31 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

KASPER

PEREIRA

EVANS

MAGUIRE

CHILWELL

NDIDI

SILVA

GHEZZAL

MADDISON

GRAY

VARDY

SUBS: WARD, MORGAN, AMARTEY, IBORRA, ALBRIGHTON, DIABATE, IHEANACHO

You’re very nearly right with this!

Albrighton should start, if fit. We lacked a good final ball from the left hand side against Man U.

Let Gray and Ghezzal slug it out for the other wing.

With regards to the rest of the bench; If Chilly got injured, you’ve got to have someone to step in at LB, so Fuchs for me.

34 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

KASPER

PEREIRA

EVANS

MAGUIRE

CHILWELL

NDIDI

SILVA

GHEZZAL

MADDISON

GRAY

VARDY

SUBS: WARD, MORGAN, AMARTEY, IBORRA, ALBRIGHTON, DIABATE, IHEANACHO

I'd play this team but we all know Morgan will start! :nigel:

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

We'll probably be unchanged, but I wouldn't be averse to Dendoncker coming in for Moutinho to add a bit more defensive steel to our CM.

Patricio

Bennett -- Coady -- Boly

Doherty -- Moutinho -- Neves -- Jonny

Costa -- Jiminez -- Jota 

I think if you play that team then there will be a lot of goals in the game. Doesn't look like there's much in the way of defence there at all.

Big, big game for Ndidi. If he plays like he can and doesn't give Neves an inch then I think we'll be fine. If he has a poor game and lets Neves play then it might get a bit hairy.

That's the big battle IMO. Ndidi vs Neves.

• Like 1

Chilwell and Gray really worked well together down the left hand side against Man U. I'm not sure why so many people want to replace him with Albrighton. If anything I would think putting Albrighton on his natural right side would help out Ricardo in defense. I'm not sold on Ghezzal's defensive game, and his lack of tracking back might have cost us that second goal on Friday.

Assuming Evans is not yet fully fit/healthy:

Kasper

Ricardo  Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Albrighton Ndidi Silva Gray

Maddison 

Vardy

Schmeichel

Pereira - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Silva - Ndidi

Ghezzal      Maddison    Albrighton/Gray

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Amartey, Iborra, Gray/Albrighton, Iheanacho

3 hours ago, hackneyfoxx said:

Morgans the captain and played pretty good Man U - he's in I think  (Evans probably not fit?)  - and is Shinji around? -  if he cant do his supersub thing why are we hanging on to him?  

Evans was clearly bought in to replace Morgan the only reason  he hasn’t is that he’s been injured . If he’s fit he'll play . Sinji isnt fully fit as he had an extended summer break and was the last player back

19 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Chilwell and Gray really worked well together down the left hand side against Man U. I'm not sure why so many people want to replace him with Albrighton. If anything I would think putting Albrighton on his natural right side would help out Ricardo in defense. I'm not sold on Ghezzal's defensive game, and his lack of tracking back might have cost us that second goal on Friday.

Kasper

Maddison 

Vardy

Agree with this.  I thought Chilwell, Gray and Maddison (and to a lesser extent Silva although the potential is there) all linked up very well and would leave them where they were.  I think, if everyone is fit, I would go for....

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Albrighton  Maddison  Gray

Vardy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Agree with this.  I thought Chilwell, Gray and Maddison (and to a lesser extent Silva although the potential is there) all linked up very well and would leave them where they were.  I think, if everyone is fit, I would go for....

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Albrighton  Maddison  Gray

Vardy

Spot on same team id pick , the only play i feel sorry for is ian missing out,

but i think the only way ian and vards play up top together if we move to the elusive 3 at the back

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Spot on same team id pick , the only play i feel sorry for is ian missing out,

but i think the only way ian and vards play up top together if we move to the elusive 3 at the back

Yeah I think if we stuck with him he would do well, it is a shame.  The problem is we just cannot not play Vardy.  If Vardy is anything but 100% would be happy for Nacho to start again against Wolves.   X

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I think if we stuck with him he would do well, it is a shame.  The problem is we just cannot not play Vardy.  If Vardy is anything but 100% would be happy for Nacho to start again against Wolves.   X

I just hope it doesn’t knock nacho’s confidence, think he has everything to be top prem striker but with vards still here is he going to be alright playing in the shadow if there isnt going to be a formation change

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Kasper

Maddison 

Vardy

I think that's spot on for me too, possibly Evans for Morgan if fully fit, though I though Morgan played ok on Friday. Albrighton on his natural right side makes sense and you can bank on him doing the hard work and covering for Pereira if required. If it's going well Ghezzal can play a part from the bench later on. I'd sooner him get used to his team and get up to the requirements of our Premiership game gently rather than introducing him too quickly and damage his confidence. 

8 minutes ago, lanefox said:

I just hope it doesn’t knock nacho’s confidence, think he has everything to be top prem striker but with vards still here is he going to be alright playing in the shadow if there isnt going to be a formation change

Hopefully he is willing to play the long game as could quite easily be the long term successor to Vardy if he applies himself.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think that's spot on for me too, possibly Evans for Morgan if fully fit, though I though Morgan played ok on Friday. Albrighton on his natural right side makes sense and you can bank on him doing the hard work and covering for Pereira if required. If it's going well Ghezzal can play a part from the bench later on. I'd sooner him get used to his team and get up to the requirements of our Premiership game gently rather than introducing him too quickly and damage his confidence. 

Ghezzal, like Mahrez before him, might need to learn how much defending is required as a winger in the premier league. In the long run, he may be a perfect cog in the Puel system, because of his ability to retain possession and breakdown defenders, but Albrighton's defensive solidity can not be understated. We've conceded too much under Puel, and we just need to sure that up a little bit if we're going to really contend.

• Like 1

Worth saying that on a podcast the other day I heard Andy Brassell talk about Ghezzal and he said he was pretty good defensively. Does a lot of pressing and that.

I doubt he goes straight into the team but he might turn out to be a bit different to Mahrez. 

I don't think Puel is a huge fan of Albrighton tbh, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he kept the right side the same

Schmeichel

Ricardo.    Benkovic.   Maguire.    Chilwell

Iborra.         Ndidi

albrighton.        Maddison.               Gray

Vardy

• Like 1