Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We'll undoubtedly can play better than we did tonight, but I still expect us to lose this. 

Not sure Traore will be fit for this and Dendoncker could come in either at CB for Bennett (unlikely as he was one of our better players tonight), or at DM instead of Moutinho. 

I felt as brilliant as Neves is going forward he was very vulnerable when Everton attacked with pace hopefully N’Didi will smother him.

You will improve as the season goes on and think it could be a good time to play you.

3 minutes ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

I felt as brilliant as Neves is going forward he was very vulnerable when Everton attacked with pace hopefully N’Didi will smother him.

You will improve as the season goes on and think it could be a good time to play you.

It was a good time to play Man United as well!

Kasper 

Ricardo Evans Maguire chilwell

Hamza Ndidi

albrighton Maddison Gray 

Vardy

Ricardo and Albrighton I think would suit each other’s game, similar partnership to the Penaar and Baines one at Everton years ago. Marc is definitely the forgotten man, harsh considering his work rate and output not being actually too bad.

Hamza to be more box-to-box, but most importantly him and Ndidi cover the fullbacks / Maguire when they go forward. I actually think hamza is better at sensing the danger than Ndidi.

Gray, Maddison and Chilwell will get their rewards soon just need a little more time to play together before we see it, next 3 to get England call ups if successful this season I reckon.

Vardy has to start, Ricardo will pick him out if the last game was anything to go by.

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Kasper 

Ricardo Evans Maguire chilwell

Hamza Ndidi

albrighton Maddison Gray 

Vardy

Ricardo and Albrighton I think would suit each other’s game, similar partnership to the Penaar and Baines one at Everton years ago. Marc is definitely the forgotten man, harsh considering his work rate and output not being actually too bad.

Hamza to be more box-to-box, but most importantly him and Ndidi cover the fullbacks / Maguire when they go forward. I actually think hamza is better at sensing the danger than Ndidi.

Gray, Maddison and Chilwell will get their rewards soon just need a little more time to play together before we see it, next 3 to get England call ups if successful this season I reckon.

Vardy has to start, Ricardo will pick him out if the last game was anything to go by.

Swap Hamza with Silva and I'm with you

• Like 1

Although we put in an excellent performance in a largely open game on friday , I think a truer test of improvement will be against sides like these at home.

As others have said, any side that gets numbers behind the ball from the off or worse - decide to totally shut up shop after 60/70 mins on a 1-0 lead will see if we have developed from those awful games towards the end of last season.

Hope so , need to get 3 points on the board.

COYB !

On 11/08/2018 at 16:11, The Doctor said:

Seriously doubt Man City were ever in for him. Man's dirge. Second worst signing of the summer on paper, and that's only because we signed Ward for some reason.

It was reported by every news agency and Guardiola talked about him saying Man City "couldn't afford him". 

11 minutes ago, l444ry said:

If the Man Utd performance was as good as some keep rattling on about then it should be the same starting eleven. Just saying!

It was a pretty good performance but I think we all would like to see Vardy start up front, as well as potentially dropping Ricardo back to RB and putting Ghezzal in on the wing.

On 10/08/2018 at 23:20, The Doctor said:

Mostly the same but Morgan out for Benkovic or Caglar (Evans is no better than Morgan let's be honest), and Periera at full back, give Ghezzal a go at the wing.

Not sure whether Benkovic is fully fit and/or first team material yet, Söyüncü needs his work permit first.

Could well be Maguire and Morgan starting yet again. Morgan remains untouchable as captain.

On 11/08/2018 at 16:39, tsintskaro said:

I would like to see 3-5-2

Gray with Vardy up front and Maddison,Ndidi,Ibora in midfield

Puel won't opt for a three-at-the-back system after a pre-season with a steady back four lineup and Friday's match.

On 11/08/2018 at 13:07, FrankieADZ said:

cant be that crap if Ferguson rated him imo etc

hes better on the ball than Morgan too tbh, though lets not forget, WBA were crap last season in defence anyway, so you could pick a handful on that front,

on the game, i think there will be a few changes, hopefully Evans will be in for Morgan, Ricardo will be at RB, with Vardy coming in for Nacho and im not sure who id go for to go ahead of Ricardo, either Albrighton or Diabate

fingers crossed we played as well as we did yesterday and that our chances too

They weren't crap in defense, they had one of the better defensive records in the entire league! Their lack of attacking output cost them.