Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mint_Fox

Mirror madness?

Hands off Puel.....:mad:     Hes one of ours,...hes one of us. Hes our Frenchy, Jesus his english

is improving, our very  own Leicester Franglais!!!  :worship:

This forum and only this forum will say when its time to move on...how dare they interfere:P

• Haha 1

Just a thought out of left field ........ owners keep puel in place to do the dirty work of changing the old guard with new centre halves arriving, Simpson and king being told they aren’t required any longer etc etc. Then any new manager doesn’t have issues with the remaining title winning players who are unhappy their pals have been let go .............

The job needed doing and the man responsible would always have some left over issues  

i still dont buy that he has two games to save his job (although two defeats or poor performances would mean he becomes a ‘dead man walking’)

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just a thought out of left field ........ owners keep puel in place to do the dirty work of changing the old guard with new centre halves arriving, Simpson and king being told they aren’t required any longer etc etc. Then any new manager doesn’t have issues with the remaining title winning players who are unhappy their pals have been let go .............

The job needed doing and the man responsible would always have some left over issues  

Not out of the question - very good thinking.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Simpson is a great defensive RB... We all know he lacked the speed / ability to be an attacking threat. 

But what makes absolutely no sense to me at all is with Puel's decision to push Pereira forward it would have suited Simpson's defensive abilities in the RB position... So what does he do.. Plays Amartey!!???... 

Defies logic. 

So. We're back to square one. 

Needing a quality RB.. As you say we had all summer to solve this (which I thought we had by signing Pereira)! 

Clearly not. 

Spot on ,he spends a fortune on a right back then plays him right wing when we have other options.

People need to get used to these stories even if 2 or 3 games before getting the sack is ludicrous.He bought it on himself with his appalling record this calendar year,bizarre team selections and substitutions.However as we did not get rid of him when we should have he should get another couple of months unless of course we have a shocking start.He needs a result Saturday.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Hope Leicester make a quick decision - I don't want you approaching Dyche if we make a bad start.

I

I reckon you're safe from that.

Us approaching Dyche I mean.

Edited by Max Wall

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i still dont buy that he has two games to save his job (although two defeats or poor performances would mean he becomes a ‘dead man walking’)

Could be something in that. Would be weird letting him change his assistant and bring a new one in given that agenda though? 

Also at least 2 of the summer signings appear to have his influence 

The other issue is the old guard are still actually here and who knows how they might bubble back to the surface if a new man came in. Until more of them leave the job isn’t done 

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I've always championed Rafa too and I think he'd take the Leicester job in a heartbeat but I do think Ric Flair makes a great point about Rafa favouring older players and his obsession with using a target man. Does make you wonder if he'd be the right man for right now. He'd tighten us up at the back though, if nothing else.

Can't see Bielsa leaving Leeds this early but then he's never been predictable!

Bielsa is off his rocker. I rate him as a manager for short term jobs, but trying to build our future as a club with him in charge would be ridiculous

How many games was Shakespeare given? 10 or so if you include league cup games? So I think Puel would be given at least that long. If we are shite after that then he’ll be gone which will be fair enough. The owners want European football though I think they would accept another 9th placed finish IF we are playing good stuff and the fans aren’t restless purely because with losing Mahrez and so many young players in the team the season definitely has a “transitional” feel to it. 

Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. I don’t like constantly swapping the manager and our best successes came after having staff and structure in place for many years. It says it all that the most experienced manager in terms of premier league games played is incredibly Eddie Howe!

Would be delighted if we put in a great performance against Wolves, get a good result and kick on. There’s a lot to like already from this new look team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Could be something in that. Would be weird letting him change his assistant and bring a new one in given that agenda though? 

Also at least 2 of the summer signings appear to have his influence 

The other issue is the old guard are still actually here and who knows how they might bubble back to the surface if a new man came in. Until more of them leave the job isn’t done 

Also very well said.

5 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I do not believe the Henry link but there could be foundation in the rest of the story....

Personally I would have fired him at the end of last season but to give him the window and just 3 games would be strange however I am not convinced he is the right man to build our clubs future but 100% hope to be wrong.

Numerous concerns:

Infactuation with certain players - Chilwell and Morgan.

Amartey in a traditional right back when Simpson is clearly a better full back

Enough creativity 

Striker options if Vardy is injured

More possession but at times it is ponderous and doesn’t use any pace

CP does not inspire and I think in 6 games time we will know more but I think the owners knew we needed to freshen the squad and a new apppointment would have struggled to do that hence keeping him but the undertones of discontentment and lack of fanfare about the new season suggests they maybe worried.

For the promising new signings in Maddison and Ricardo I fear for a lack of goals and a 2-1defeat against a very average United where despite possession we never really threatened especially second half. We need to evolve but some of the decisions are baffling and the next few weeks will be interesting - the owners don’t want another under performance and are ambitious so I would not be surprised if they act quick if the signs are not good!

We've just bought three CB's this window all who have been linked with elite clubs and cost us the best part of £40m, Morgan is holding the fort nothing more.

I don't understand the flak Chilwell gets, he's a 21 yo academy graduate whose been around the team for about three seasons. He has everything you want in a modern full back. Even watching the game on Friday with my mate he said "he has no end product". I replied he's a fcuking full back. Just leaving this here comparing  our left back Chilwell to Zaha the £70m rated attacking midfielder.

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2017/2018/wilfried_zaha/819/819/4942/169/p|premier_league/2017/2018/ben_chilwell/819/819/19059/0/p#assists/key_passes/chances_created#90

We have three decent striking options for one No9 place in Vardy, Iheanacho and Okazaki, I think that's ample. Puel has a nice problem in he'd like to squeeze Iheanacho in the team but if Vardy plays he has to play him as a No10 and shift Maddison to the right. An injury to one of those three solves that problem or we can see rotation.

32 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Hope Leicester make a quick decision - I don't want you approaching Dyche if we make a bad start.

I

Me thinks it is time for the mischievous amongst us to attract the media attention with fake news of rumoured approaches for Dyche:ph34r:

14 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Me thinks it is time for the mischievous amongst us to attract the media attention with fake news of rumoured approaches for Dyche:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Duche?  Even fake news needs some basis in reality. 

You'd have thought his name was seen enough that you'd both be able to spell it correctly. For the sake of completion, it's Sean Douche I believe.

• Haha 1

The Shakespeare appointment was an awful appointment. After a brilliant start when we almost looked like the team who won the league again the wheels came off before he even got the job full time. The Tottenham home game when we lost 6-1 I could see he never had a plan. IMO he was bluffing it and he kept sticking attacking players on but without a plan, I remember in the last 10 minutes I had no idea who was playing where or what our formation was.

The Arsenal game as well when we lost 4-3, we were 3-2 up with 10 minutes to go and he takes off Matty James to give Iheanacho his debut. I think he had a preconceived plan to bring Iheanacho on at some stage as he'd just spent £25m on him. It was just rank bad management to bring on an forward for a midfielder at that stage. I could have accepted losing 4-3 from there if he had tried to shut up shop but losing like this was unacceptable. Shakespeare had no plan or ideas of his own, he was just implementing what Ranieri did and was taking the club backwards.

Compare Shakey to Puel. I believe Puel knows exactly what he wants. He has got rid of players who we've wanted replacing for a couple of seasons and bought in some young talented players. The Man Utd game was all about the performance for me, anyone can get a result anywhere on any given day but we looked at least their equals. It's a results business but after seeing how we played we should be on course for top 8 this season as Puel is finally changing the old guard and the old system.

• Like 3

Would be a shame as it looks like we’re building something for the Long term and the very early signs are positive,  BUT if we go into game 5 of the season playing 442with Morgan and Amartey and without a win then it’s hard to see him staying. Wouldn’t fancy these 2 though. 

Neil Ashton just now talking to Arlo on NBC Sports' pregame, saying Puel's position is "perilous" with the board who want an immediate return to "winning football", and that the Wolves game might be crucial.

No idea what makes this guy their "Premier League insider"?  He's certainly not naming sources, just stirring the pot.

1 minute ago, motdsteve said:

Can't believe what I'm hearing ! I thought we played very well against Man U. Like someone said, Just need more in the final third.

Tbf it’s utter bollox. No way on God’s green earth that our owners expected a win at Utd. Most teams will come away far worse than us. We played some neat attractive football and but for luck favouring the scum we’d have had a point out of it at least. Puel needs time and our support. 

14 minutes ago, motdsteve said:

Can't believe what I'm hearing ! I thought we played very well against Man U. Like someone said, Just need more in the final third.

Played well first half against a p*** poor United, they really were very average.People getting carried away by this display just as they did when we beat Arsenal when suddenly large numbers jumped back on the Puel in bandwagon after months of garbage.

• Like 3