Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mint_Fox

Mirror madness?

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

There was some good moments but... 

Look at the black and white facts for a moment. 

Puel chose to pick Amartey over a proven PL winning RB..Danny Simpson!...would anyone on this forum agree with that decision?.. And look what happened! 

He then decides to take off our most creative player( at 1-0 down) in James Maddison.. Anyone else on this forum agree with that decision? 

United were there for the taking on Friday night,  they were very poor,  the two decisions above, in my opinion, cost us the game. 

Puel continues to make irrational, points costing decisions that our owners won't put up with.. 

Said it before.. He's a dead man walking. 

I’m afraid I disagree with you on both.

I’d have remembered just how poor Amartey was last time he played against Man U & played Ricardo at RB.

And the manager was in a better position than any fan to know just how tired Maddison was when making his changes.

• Like 3

I have come to the conclusion that it really isn't worth reading or listening to the media at all. Probably just shite to be spiteful after Harry Maguire. 

I think the media would like to control football like the Truman Show film nowadays! They decide the direction the season will go in. I think we will never be forgiven for ruining the status quo in 2016. 

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Puel chose to pick Amartey over a proven PL winning RB..Danny Simpson!...would anyone on this forum agree with that decision?.. And look what happened! 

He then decides to take off our most creative player( at 1-0 down) in James Maddison.. Anyone else on this forum agree with that decision? 

United were there for the taking on Friday night,  they were very poor,  the two decisions above, in my opinion, cost us the game. 

Puel continues to make irrational, points costing decisions that our owners won't put up with.. 

The points you make are exactly where I am and per my earlier post I want to be wrong as constant change is not helping move the club forward however Puel makes some strange decisions and playing 4-2-3-1 with Amartey not offering any attacking threat but worse defensively than Simpson was disappointing. 

I too think he has to win at least two of the next 3 games and actually if you are ambitious as our owners are anything less and we could be scrapping at the wrong end of the table - they want results and for some good that was evident on Friday there was some repetition in mistakes too plus United were rubbish and ripe for beating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m afraid I disagree with you on both.

I’d have remembered just how poor Amartey was last time he played against Man U & played Ricardo at RB.

And the manager was in a better position than any fan to know just how tired Maddison was when making his changes.

Maddison said in the post match interview that he could have played the full 90 minutes.. So he wasn't taken off because of fatigue or injury? So why sub him at that time when we're chasing the game?.... 

Did you see the post match interview with Maddison on Sky? 

25 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I wouldn't have played Simpson either, Ricardo should have played there with Albrighton or diabate playing on the wing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Maddison said in the post match interview that he could have played the full 90 minutes.. So he wasn't taken off because of fatigue or injury? So why sub him at that time when we're chasing the game?.... 

Did you see the post match interview with Maddison on Sky? 

Maddison had already been involved in a running spat with Fred - and the off the ball trip. I think puel felt United had taken a decision to target him at half time and that he was in danger of a second yellow or being injured (none of know about his knock from the previous week). Players will always say they are good to carry on 

the manager is making the personnel and tactical selections and will be sacked if performances don’t maintain the level we saw on Friday. Similarly If particular selections continually make the big mistakes. 

By the way, Simmo would never give away a pen at OT ..........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I despise clubs that sack managers every year, I really don't want Leicester to be seen as one of those clubs.

I think we are seen as that atm due to the sacking of the beloveded Claudio! Then the palaver of Shakespeare.. 

It has to be tabloid bull ?. I want Puel to be given every chance to succeed. He’s done a lot of things right this pre season, particularly moving on or away from the 1st team players who have run their course at the club. He likes to bring young players through and his football needs to be assessed now he has more of his type of players in the first team. He’s had to contend with the loss of Mahrez and the absence of many of his squad due to the World Cup. He needs at least half a season to be assessed IMO. If it all goes wrong then for me there would be only one option...Nigel Graham Pearson.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maddison had already been involved in a running spat with Fred - and the off the ball trip. I think puel felt United had taken a decision to target him at half time and that he was in danger of a second yellow or being injured (none of know about his knock from the previous week). Players will always say they are good to carry on 

the manager is making the personnel and tactical selections and will be sacked if performances don’t maintain the level we saw on Friday. Similarly If particular selections continually make the big mistakes. 

By the way, Simmo would never give away a pen at OT ..........

Yeh especially not a handball too ??

• Haha 1

I don’t see the point of sacking him after 4 games unless we lose all 4 if they wanted him out they had long enough to do it in ore season. I think we played well Friday night and if we play like that we will win a lot of games this season, utd where poor but they always scrape a result when playing poor like a lot of the top teams do. Not sure how much better we would be with Martinez and Henry would rather see benitez come in. But I think we should stick until at least 10 games in to see where we are. 1 or 2 changes to the starting line up from Friday we will be ok. With vardy off the mark already and Maddison looking promising we should cause wolves a lot of problems on Saturday as by what I have heard they was not great yesterday 

1 hour ago, ChampionFox50 said:

I think the article is designed to put Puel under pressure to get results he’s naturally more focused on the longer term but this is a message from the club that we need a few wins against some teams we should beat starting with Wolves next Saturday  

Of course, Top has sent an email to a no-mark sports reporter seeking attention over at the Mirror to inform him of his intentions rather than tell him directly.

This article is a nonsense.

It's obvious why Simpson didnt play. He's fallen out with the management. He done.

I know everyone won't share my optimism for this season and clearly the PuelOuts are merely sitting on their hands for the minute, but our owners are evidently showing their patience as they implement their long term strategy. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What's Benitez's track record of working with younger players? He's always struck me as a Ranieri type that wants experience over youth for the sake of it. Not necessarily a bad thing but our model under Puel/Macia/Rudkin is the majority of the team is under 25. Absolutely no point in bringing in a new manager that doesn't believe in this ethos.

Also loves a good target man. Slimani would be back in the side.

Peeps keep talking about Friday like we won the game, dominated United etc.,

We lost and rarely troubled their keeper, Maddison looked good but when he went off we were hardly a threat and only got a goal because Vardy is such a great striker, being in the right place and reacting faster than their defence.

It was a decent performance but nothing more, the main concern is, we look like we are going to be a low scoring team as per last season under Puel so our defence cant be so generous.

Puel still has time but results need to come, we need to beat at least one of Wolves or Southampton.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Simpson is absolutely slaughtered on here.

Would be so Leicester to sack a manager when the transfer window has shut after having all summer to change.

I knew Mirror was shit but it just got a whole lot shittier. 

How can they say Claude Puel is on the brink of a sacking if the chairmen invested so much this summer to build his team.

Also why would Leicester hire Thierry Henry who's literally just begun his first job as manager in the Championship?

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Peeps keep talking about Friday like we won the game, dominated United etc.,

We lost and rarely troubled their keeper, Maddison looked good but when he went off we were hardly a threat and only got a goal because Vardy is such a great striker, being in the right place and reacting faster than their defence.

It was a decent performance but nothing more, the main concern is, we look like we are going to be a low scoring team as per last season under Puel so our defence cant be so generous.

Puel still has time but results need to come, we need to beat at least one of Wolves or Southampton.

I wouldnt say last season we were a low scoring team at all. We scored 20 more goals than Burnley who finished 7th and only 6 less than Chelsea who finished 5th. 

Defence was the problem, especially from set-pieces. And that is one of the areas we seem to have focused on sorting. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I wouldnt say last season we were a low scoring team at all. We scored 20 more goals than Burnley who finished 7th and only 6 less than Chelsea who finished 5th. 

Defence was the problem, especially from set-pieces. And that is one of the areas we seem to have focused on sorting. 

We were low scoring under Puel, there were a fair few games where we did not even have a shot on target until late into the half or well into the second half.

I do not want him to fail but I have never wanted any of our managers to fail, unfortunately most do end up getting sacked whilst the better ones if lucky enough move on to supposedly bigger things.

Edited by ithuriel

11 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I knew Mirror was shit but it just got a whole lot shittier. 

How can they say Claude Puel is on the brink of a sacking if the chairmen invested so much this summer to build his team.

Also why would Leicester hire Thierry Henry who's literally just begun his first job as manager in the Championship?

He never got the Villa job in the end. So he has literally 0 managerial experience.

Loved the guy as a footballer and as a pundit but as manager of Leicester City - no thanks.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Simpson is absolutely slaughtered on here.

Would be so Leicester to sack a manager when the transfer window has shut after having all summer to change.

Simpson is a great defensive RB... We all know he lacked the speed / ability to be an attacking threat. 

But what makes absolutely no sense to me at all is with Puel's decision to push Pereira forward it would have suited Simpson's defensive abilities in the RB position... So what does he do.. Plays Amartey!!???... 

Defies logic. 

So. We're back to square one. 

Needing a quality RB.. As you say we had all summer to solve this (which I thought we had by signing Pereira)! 

Clearly not.