Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mint_Fox

Mirror madness?

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Claude got sacked if we went into the international break winless.

what give you that idea?

"Puel is understood to have just two games to save his job with City chiefs ready to wield the axe ahead during the international break if results continue to go against them."

• Haha 2

Wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Lost the dressing room last season by all accounts, and still has a monumental task to win them back.

We couldn't sack him at the end of last season because we wanted to get our targets in early, and faffing around looking for a replacement would have put players off.

Very poor run of form taking end of last season into account. Good showing against Man U but narrowly losing doesn't help his case, it didn't with Shakey.

Benitez is the only one I'd definitely take too tbh, don't know enough about the managerial credentials of the others. Probably will have better offers once his Newcastle contract expires end of this season though.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

what give you that idea?

"Puel is understood to have just two games to save his job with City chiefs ready to wield the axe ahead during the international break if results continue to go against them."

Biggest crock of shite ever. Who gives someone 2 games to change things around at the beginning of the season ? (Dont google, no need to be that guy to prove a sad point lol)

I’m probably a million miles off here as usual, but I wonder if the journo has got wind of half of a story. 

Henry has nothing but good things to say about Puel as a coach and we have lost Appleton and Plancque during the summer. 

I wonder if Henry might be coming as part of Puel’s coaching team and permitted to continue his work at Belgium? Just a thought...

Edited by Nickfosse

So... Martinez attended the game, Henry would like to be a manager some day, and Puel isn’t a totally popular choice. Plus Leicester lost a game to Man Utd at Old Trafford. 

Yep, that’s enough facts to run this story according to the Mirror!

Total BS if you ask me.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

Got in the ground early last night and was looking at the banners around the ground hailing Sir Alex Ferguson’s achievements. 

Got me thinking how those two and and half decades plus of remarkable achievement would never have happened in the modern game. His poor start would have resulted in a sacking without a doubt. 

Id love to see us have the courage and bravery to stick with a manager that we can see is building for the long term. 

Here fvcking here!

The greatest achievement in our club's history came about at the end of a period of real stability when Nige, Shakey and Walsh built a team that played to their strengths with a real unity and spirit that meant they surpassed, as a team, anything they would ever do individually again.

Yes Claudio was in charge for the title win, and he deserves great credit for the tinkering he did, his sterling media work and for shoring up our defence. But let's not pretend that the foundations for that title win weren't laid in the years of hard work that came before it.

Pearson and his staff could have easily been sacked after we dropped like a stone from 2nd in the Championship to just scraping the playoffs. The Thais made the right call then and I hope they do again now.

They've just given Puel £100m to spend to build a team in his image. He's also had to deal with coaching staff upheaval during the summer and our best player leaving. Give him some time. We were superb at times on Friday night, at one of the most intimidating stadiums in the league, against the country's most successful club, managed by a serial winner (despite what other things people say about Jose).

One game in and they're thinking of giving Puel the boot? I swear I hope this is just red-top bullsh!t.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

Got in the ground early last night and was looking at the banners around the ground hailing Sir Alex Ferguson’s achievements. 

Got me thinking how those two and and half decades plus of remarkable achievement would never have happened in the modern game. His poor start would have resulted in a sacking without a doubt. 

Id love to see us have the courage and bravery to stick with a manager that we can see is building for the long term. 

Couldn't agree more, and that's why I was firmly Puel in last season (except for the Palace and West Ham game).

As others have pointed out, yeah, we won the league with Claudio's genius tactics.

But the majority of that team was assembled over 4 or 5 years painstakingly by Nigel Pearson, Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh.

The Thais had given Nigel and his team the time and trust to sort the mess out that Sven left; with a very low budget to boot. 

Claudio eventually went wrong after the worst transfer window of all time.

Shakespeare was definitely unlucky with injuries and the Silva debacle affecting things, but really was out of his depth.

The Thais COULD have sacked Puel last season. They could have sacked him this summer.

But they learn from their mistakes. 

To me, Puel feels very much like a manager in Pearson's mould.

Give him time, trust him and his staff to evolve the team, and we will progress.

• Like 2