Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mint_Fox

Mirror madness?

Just now, Paddy. said:

He never got the Villa job in the end. So he has literally 0 managerial experience.

Loved the guy as a footballer and as a pundit but as manager of Leicester City - no thanks.

If Puel was to go and it is not nailed on, I'd want Rafa and it is obvious he is not happy at Ashley FC but the Leeds manager has them looking like a fine unit, watched them on the EFL taking Derby apart 4-1 lol

8 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

If Puel was to go and it is not nailed on, I'd want Rafa and it is obvious he is not happy at Ashley FC but the Leeds manager has them looking like a fine unit, watched them on the EFL taking Derby apart 4-1 lol

I've always championed Rafa too and I think he'd take the Leicester job in a heartbeat but I do think Ric Flair makes a great point about Rafa favouring older players and his obsession with using a target man. Does make you wonder if he'd be the right man for right now. He'd tighten us up at the back though, if nothing else.

Can't see Bielsa leaving Leeds this early but then he's never been predictable!

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Liamlcfc1 said:

When the plane went to Belgium few days ago there most of the day also took the smaller jet which followed the owners back plane currently in Bologna Italy

Screenshot_20180811-234554.thumb.png.2360011f0174b919d58dcc9da90db447.png

So stalkery, I'd hate to get on your bad side:sweating:

18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

About to talk about this story on Sunday Supplement!.. 

Switch on now! 

Is that in the 11 seconds they normally allocate to all the clubs that aren't Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton?

• Haha 1

Puel has to be given until at least the Burnley game before we take stock. In that time, we play some of the teams that will be in and around us, and the ones tipped to go down. If we’re struggling at that point, then we go all out for Benitez in the break.

Edited by RizLCFC
-

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

The points you make are exactly where I am and per my earlier post I want to be wrong as constant change is not helping move the club forward however Puel makes some strange decisions and playing 4-2-3-1 with Amartey not offering any attacking threat but worse defensively than Simpson was disappointing. 

I too think he has to win at least two of the next 3 games and actually if you are ambitious as our owners are anything less and we could be scrapping at the wrong end of the table - they want results and for some good that was evident on Friday there was some repetition in mistakes too plus United were rubbish and ripe for beating. of you might want to make issues on certain Points,to make your Argument,but you will

A few of , are making out your points as facts,just to qualify your own arguments but

You will also find,there are just as  many Fans,who agreed with the subs,and Quite open to Puels

1st game selection.....

Maddison Tiring/had a knock....1st Away game...lets see if we can fit Amartey in..why not??

Plus disagreeing with selection or subs...if it was left to the Fans WWide,we would have

New managers Every 2nd game...

I dont like this or another forum,going on witch hunts,picking out odd moments to qualify

Reasons,that player or manager should be moved on....Especially when a New ERA and season

Has just started..

mind you,I come From a Generation,that find it weird and poor,when Fans boo the opposition.

Puel took this job on a Mandate,ideas and promises ,that no fan or media,will really know about..

The Mirror have had Journalist pick up on City Forums,to find a story on some Fans discomfort..

So they look whats available and then contructs an idea then put out a story.

This forum like all forums .has moaners ,dissenters,the quiet but wise,and useless bodos like me,

that will always defend against permanent campaigns that can only chase down negatives...

Happy clapper is a virus I just cant and wont shake off....I am not naive,but I believe its not worth

getting Into a lather ,over Every Moment, every descision,Every infantile immature stories in

Sport.

• Like 2

I don’t think they would have given it much airtime if nothing behind it however they all agreed it would be a crazy decision on timing at least. I’m not a Puel fan but I’d give him a chance for 10 games to see where we are 

Really difficult for Puel. As usual we are given a difficult start with United away after Arsenal away last season.Now the pressure is on against Wolves who are not a bad side.If we win that I think he will be probably be OK but if not we then have Southampton away and Liverpool. Confidence is such a big factor with Leicester as we have seen with runs of wins and then exactly the opposite so turning things around asap is key

To add to the pressure is the memory of the end of last season.Don't envy his job and throwing in names like Henry does not help - however brilliant a player he has no experience of managing a club and expectations are going to be high,.

Just now, F1_AN said:

I don’t think they would have given it much airtime if nothing behind it however they all agreed it would be a crazy decision on timing at least. I’m not a Puel fan but I’d give him a chance for 10 games to see where we are 

I fear that they give airtime to any old crap these days - you only have to watch news coverage to see that. But I'm glad you agree that an early sacking would be crazy.

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

We were low scoring under Puel, there were a fair few games where we did not even have a shot on target until late into the half or well into the second half.

I do not want him to fail but I have never wanted any of our managers to fail, unfortunately most do end up getting sacked whilst the better ones if lucky enough move on to supposedly bigger things.

I am more interested in how many games we don't score in or fail to get anything out of the game with only scoring the odd consolation. There were a lot of games in the latter half of the season where we didn't score or we lost with a Vardy consolation. Plus all those home games where we drew 1-1 against dog shit and this shouldn't be masked over by the fact we also scored a lot of goals in big wins or in high scoring losses such as vs Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. 

Defensively we were muck and badly needed to rectify that area but losing Mahrez will lead to less goals being created and scored so we better get our act together in defence and midfield. There were a lot of occasions we were bypassed in midfield and opened up like a tin of beans, it's why it makes sense given our squad and selection of defenders that we now go 3-4-1-2 and have better balance.

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yeah, no.

If we were going to sack him it would have been after losing 5-0 to Crystal ****ing Palace, not 3 games into the season when we've given him £105m to spend of EVOLVING the team. That;s not us.

Newspaper bollocks essentially.

tbf that is literally us. surely nobody would actually be surprised if this happened.